303 votes50 comments · Excel for Windows (Desktop Application) » Tables, Sorting and Filtering · Flag idea as inappropriate… · Admin →Petr commented
1) Table? No, it's name is the List, ListObject. Yes, I know, databases have tables, not Lists, with the same structure, but...
2) Table's behaviour as Names? Yes. Why we need use INDIRECT in Data / Validation etc.
3) MS Query is old, yes, but we need use Tables as Excel database source, not only Names
4) Tables and sheet protection? Stupid, stupid, stupid...
5) Expanding tables are unreliable. Sometimes Table not expand correctly with cell formatting, alignment, formulas not copied... Reduction of Table? I expect, that "over data" will be deleted.
6) Table and CSV as direct source? Why not?
7) Rename Table sometimes causes crash of application.