Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mobile Devices, Tablets, Phones (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile)

Welcome to the Excel for Mobile Devices forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Wireless Mouse support within IOS Office (as Citrix did with the X1 Mouse)

Apples lacking native support for mice limits us with IOS Office.

Please consider mouse support directly within IOS Office. Maybe a partnership with Citrix to add support for the X1 Mouse?

(Link to show Citrix X1 Mouse) http://store.citrix.com/store/citrix/en_US/pd/ThemeID.28169600/productID.317779200)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. V2.0 autocomplete really breaks barcode scanning-- need option to turn off.

V2.0 autocomplete is 'faster' -- so it causes a HUGE issue for barcode scanning. This shouldn't have been a surprise to development since it started to an issue posted here in 2016... but now V2.0 makes it faster and more of an issue.... PLEASE give us the option to turn it off in iOS or option to install old version until fixed. This totally broke our workflow and there is no way to fix it ourselves. We have the option to disable autocomplete on the desktop version, but those properties don't stay with the file, so opening on OneDrive via…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Excel iOS: auto-saves files despite having switched off auto-save

Please see https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/7768863c-337c-49a3-b207-1a9635510bad for a serious bug first reported by the OP over 4 months ago.

If auto-save is switched off (which I think it should be by default, but that's another matter) and I discard changes when exiting a file, the file timestamp still changes. This then spreads to other devices seeing the file on OneDrive. So if I just want to check something in a file from several years ago it suddenly looks like I've recently edited the file! This bug of course is not present in Windows.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable form controls

Enabling form controls would allow iOS users to use buttons to enter information with a touch rather than having to type entries.

I'm imagining the power of being able to use the increment buttons, or radio toggles to collect data to quickly.

Even better would be coming up with cell formats that would accept that sort of input directly, without having to setup up the form controls. Imagine a checkbox format, or a counter format with Increment buttons.

140 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make Excel UI more like Numbers UI: more touch friendly

Excel feels too much like a Windows port with a few touch-friendly additions. Compare this to Numbers, which feels like a first-class citizen on iOS.

Two examples:
    1. Showing which cells are in a formula
    - in Numbers, if you tap a cell with a formula, it always shows immediately in colors which cells are in the formula. The keyboard does not pop up yet until you exit the cell
    - in Excel, to see which cells are in a formula, you need to double tap to edit it. The virtual keyboard pops up obscuring half the screen and often…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Excel is inaccessible for VoiceOver users after the April 11th update

I am a VoiceOver user and usually use Excel for the desktop. Occasionally, I have to take my worksheets on the road and need to edit them. I went on a trip to New Orleans from February 12 to February 22. During my trip, I could navigate around my worksheets and edit the cells. After the April 11 update, I tried to take an excel spreadsheet on the road but couldn't navigate the spreadsheet or edit the cells. Proper regression testing would have caught this problem. Please fix it hopefully in the next update.
    Thanks so much.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add barcode font 3 of 9 for mobile scanning

I want to scan directly off the screen and use excel to generate barcodes lists. It would make a mobile excel more useful.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Advanced filter on ios excel!!!!

Lets get the advanced filter ability in the ios app! Excel is neutered by removing these great features.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please enable the text to column feature.

Please integrate the Text to Column feature in excel mobile for Android

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. gps navigation

please create two new functions or addins that inserts the ipads gps latitude and longitude into the excel spreadsheet. It would be great for doing navigation calculations. It would be great if the functions continuously updated as the ipad moves rather than having to manually recalculate.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Specific colours for charts

Charts currently only allow selection of colour groups which rarely match the message I need to convey. I need to be able to select the display colour of individual data series in charts (bars, sectors or lines) and sometimes even individual parts of data series.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. A new product: Excel Dynamic

I think Microsoft have a hug opportunity to improve Excel by introducing an icon-based add-on to Excel. This add-on will be used to do dynamic calculations (i.e. any calculations where you are looking at how things are changing over time) and will use the notation from system dynamics software (for examples, see sysdea.com or stella architect by iseesystems.com). The add-on will collapse the time series for any variable into one icon, and will make use of arrows to show causal connections between variables (rather than using confusing and error-prone cell references). These icons will make an important visual distinction between…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Really hope that you're not closing this (and Word/Powerpoint) for desktop users

I really hope that you are not closing this down as it is really useful for small form-factor tablets where you don't need and don't want a full desktop experience (and don't want to "waste" a licence on it).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Excel Version 16.0.8027.1007 I use this software on my tablet connected to a Bluetooth external swiss-french keyboard bluetooth "Logitech".

I use this software on my tablet connected to a Bluetooth external swiss-french keyboard bluetooth "Logitech".

With this version of "Excel", the "AltGr" is not recognised.

As an example, on the Swiss keyboard layout, to get the "@" sign, we have to use "AltGr" + "2".

(This problem does not occur with "MS-Word" for Android.

I tried to reinstall "Excel" already.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Drawing

When drawing by finger, the line is not seen during drawing but only after line is complete. At times lines will be offset by about200 pixel

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Excel for iOS should remember the last zoom level

I have zoom out every time I open my workbook.. Is there a way to remember the desired zoom level when saving and closing a workbook?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Enable/disable autosave

It is not possible to disable autosaving. In android Excel mobile app this option is.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fuzzy Lookup for Excel IPad

Would be great to have fuzzy lookup on the iPad and iPhone versions of excel.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base