Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mobile Devices, Tablets, Phones (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile)

Welcome to the Excel for Mobile Devices forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Be able to see pictures in comments

In the pc world , I use comments for showing pictures. I have a list plants and when someone put their curser on the plant name, the picture comes up. In the iPad version of Excel, pictures and backgrounds will not show. Please add this feature to the iPad version.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Need ability to edit data in charts

You can create charts in Excel, and use sliders to include more series, but it only works if all data points are inside a table.

If data series are in different parts of a sheet, Excel for iOS cannot edit the source data to pick the right data.

Please add this feature.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Excel cursor after entering data with the “return” key

In Excel on an iPad, after entering data (either a label or numeric) in a cell and touching the “return” key, the cursor goes down one cell. An answer to my post on the Microsoft Community site yielded an answer that a setting is not currently available to turn off this feature of dropping down one cell. In the computer version of Excel, such action is an option, so one can also have the program leave the cursor in the same cell after entering data with the “return” key. So my suggestion is that the settings should include the 2…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Full version for iPad (Pro at LEAST)

I got an iPad pro to use for school and it's very frustrating to have limited graphing capabilities. I bought Office 365 and would want full access everywhere.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Return Sheet Name =CELL("filename")

It is essential that I can use
    =CELL("filename")
    in Android excel.
    I use =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,255)
    to return the current sheet name in desktop excel. But in android it just gives #VALUE! which makes my workbook unusable as all the links break.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Adding Excel File Icon not available on Onedrive for IOS when signed into business account but available on Personal Account sign in

I was referred to the Excel for Mobile team after trying to resolve the issue through my Office 365 Admin Support portal. When using OneDrive for IOS and signed into a business account, there are options for adding a powerpoint and word file but no option for adding an excel file. When signed into a personal account the option becomes available. I also have contacted OneDrive for IOS and they said this problem was outside of their expertise.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. RELATIVE or ABSOLUTE MACROS

In my experience when a Macro is about to be composed in EXCEL, there is no definitive way to know if it is set to RELATIVE or ABSOLUTE by LOOKING at the selection after clicking on MACROS ICON. By holding the cursor on the ‘Use Relative Reference displays the explanation but does not designate WHICH of the two functions is actually activated. My meaning is this: It is not until the MACRO is activated do you really find out that ABSOLUTE was set when RELATIVE was required. If when starting the composition, and requiring RELATIVE, by clicking on the Use…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Adding multiple series to a single scatter plot

I have to use scatter plots for many labs for college and that means that there are multiple test per experiment resulting in multiple tables per experiment. These multiple tables need to be added into a single scatter plot as different series.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to create array formulas

Since Excel For iPad can evaluate properly array formulas, the abilility to create new ones must be added:
    - with a dedicated (crt sht enter) button
    - while pressing crt sht enter on physical keyboards

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow elements to be placed between grid lines

Sometimes it is useful to be able to place an element (character, bullet point, etc) “between” the grid lines. As a proof of concept, I've attached a mockup with the letter ‘ы’ inserted between two horizontally adjacent cells.

I expect this addition to the Excel worksheet model to be fundamental enough that it will doubtlessly be useful for many novel applications, even though at the moment I can't think of any.

Thanks!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Excel for iPad

On opening the Cell menu show the four Paste Special options of
    Format Formula Value Picture at the outset for data already copied.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Refresh external data source

I would like to refresh the data linked to an external data source. This has been mentioned on the microsoft forum but I see no uservoice request just yet.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msofficeexcel-msoamobile/i-want-excel-facility-with-data-refresh-in-android/c6590e38-163c-4224-952c-1afafb8ded6a

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Dear Microsoft, Please, no more with the default autosave in Office 365 Excel and Word! Please have default set to OFF and an option to sele

Dear Microsoft, Please, no more with the default autosave in Office 365 Excel and Word! Please have default set to OFF and an option to select it to autosave on. Please please! This is a daily hassle which we can do without. Please
    It seems to me to be a fix of something which worked perfectly well before and didn't need fixing. I can see that it may be useful in some circumstances, but to be on by default is an unnecessary interference with the way many people are working.
    If there was a setting in the options menu, that…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Increase functionality in iPad app

Many of us don't use a laptop, but only use iPad for our excel and other office 365 products. I want to be able to customize my ribbons, change my theme colors, develop macros. I want to do all the things that I used to be able to do when my macbook was working! I am paying just the same as everyone else and it's very frustrating to want to do something that I used to be able to do, and my hands are tied!!! Furthermore, I don't even know what I am not able to do on iPad excel…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add a Reverse Selection option

Often I apply a filter for say 10 of the 25 items to analyse.
    The next thing I want to do is filter for the not yet filtered items (so the other 15 out of 25 items).
    Now I have to do this manually.
    I really like the Reverse Selection option (like in Windows Explorer) to be added to Excel.
    In the attached file I added a screendump of Windows Explorer with this option but this is in Dutch. I think in English the commands are Select All, Select Nothing and Reverse Selection.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Touch ID support for opening files

Request support for Touch ID in Excel iOS.

Touch ID works in OneDrive however when I want to open a file in Excel I need to login in with my password.

Touch ID support would be a very nice feature.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. add CELL function

some functions are not working on the iPhone app since the most recent update. The CELL function and the FILENAME function no longer work with the most recent update. Please reinstate the functions that were dropped with the most recent update.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. How can I edit protected sheet at phone?

Currently in windows excel on my laptop, I can create an excel worksheet that is protected and also select specific worksheet cells that are unprotected for editing. When I access this excel worksheet on my android, the entire worksheet is protected, however the cells that were unprotected during creation remain protected. I am trying to provide a worksheet that has several columns that should not be edited with 2 columns that can be edited during data entry.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. i want to view 2 screens on my excel ipad

i want to view 2 screens on my excel ipad

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base