Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mobile Devices, Tablets, Phones (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile)

Welcome to the Excel for Mobile Devices forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. passcode lock the app

the ability to add passcode to open the app like onedrive has

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. set print area

If you can add a feature that allows users to set the print area for tablet/phone users (Windows 10 Mobile, to be more specific), it would be a boon to mobile workers. Especially for Office 365 subscribers.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Input/output data

Allow data to be input or output. Even just allowing a designated aheet to import/export independantly as a CSV file can allow a spreadsheet to reference different data sets.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Hyperlink for iPad using link function. Try testing . Three months several updates still no use.

Excel for iPad hyperlink option .
    I have created a simple file Test.xlsx , two sheets T1 & T2 which I have sent.
    When I try to open link error message. Sorry we couldn,t open link.
    the link address may be invalid, or you may not have permission to open it. No clue to which one is the problem.
    I have tried to get help for months now , several updates , 6 people and using web sites to get answer but not working. Could you review file attached and get hyperlink to work then email solution so I can…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Excel app failure since july 2017 sony xperia smartphone F5121

Since July, I can't open excel or word app on my sony smart phone. xperia. it was going no problem before that. I have a subscription for 365. I have tried uninstallation and reinstallation. I also reset my phone 3 weeks ago. after the reset, and reinstallation, the app excel worked okay again. then about 4 days ago, the same thing happened. the phone updated, and yeah won't open or work again. just crashes. sony says they can't do anything, only the app owner

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Drop down

Enable Drop down lists

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. add printing options

ability to alter margins so you can get everything you have on the page to print not to run part from one page to another when cell is disrupted

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Format keyboard appropriately

On mobile devices the keyboard presented should be that pertaining to the format of the field being completed. That is if you are entering data in a field formatted as numeric you should be presented with a numeric keyboard and not the last keyboard used as happens at present. This is done by other apps like google sheets so I cannot see why it can't be done in excel

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. printing to pdf file and save in Dropbox would be very helpful

printing to pdf file and save in Dropbox would be very helpful

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ability for multiple selection of cells

Ability to select more than one cell at a time as in computer by pressing the Ctrl button and selecting different cells.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. make a PDF file of selection part in Android

Hi, I’m korean
    I am not good at English . So I typed also in Korean what I want to improve. If you don’t understanding what I am saying, just translate under korean language..
    I am using the excel in Android .
    I want to print out of PDF file.
    but there is no way to print out of selection part.
    there is only to print out 1page, 1-2page something like that..
    I need to translate to PDF of selection part of one sheet. saving or print out of selection part.
    In Iphone, It can print out selection part.
    I…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Extend the Free Office App to include the new 10.5" iPad Pro

Apple has just released the new iPad Pro 2, and the smaller version has increased in size from 9.7" to 10.5". This puts the smaller iPad Pro into the size that requires an Office 365 subscription. Since it is still the "smaller" version of the Pro, it would be nice it it was still eligible for the free versions.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Fix the bug in "Draw" when it's not available when columns are frozen

One of the most exciting things about draw for Excel is the possibilities of using excel in the field. I'm a disaster relief worker, and I use an excel spreadsheet doing field inspections on a Surface Pro. It kills the usefulness of the spreadsheet when I can't freeze the left column and top three rows

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Repair or update Excel for Android Nougat 7.1, it isn't working

The Excel App was working in the 7.0 nougat platform, since I updated to 7.1 Nougat is not working anymore, it can't open , also, if you solve this, improve the performance too, since working in 7.0 , Excel, word and PPT were a bit laggy . My smartphone is a Moto z with 4gb ram, I had to switch to Polaris , waiting for you guys to make an update and figure the problem .

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please add VISUAL PREVIEW of excel SHEET or TABS

Please add a PHOTO- THUMBNAIL and SOME TEXTS for PREVIEW of EACH excell sheets or tabs within same excell file.

It will make easier to find or locate and recall which content was hidden in which SHEET/TAB and also will help to REMEMBER easily the content.

It will also reduce the chance of overlook an important sheet in an excel file.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Slider or Scroll Bar via Data Validation

I would like to see a slider or scroll bar become an in-cell data validation option (just as I'd like to see a date picker for dates and a new checkbox option).

This feature could be integrated into the "Whole number" validation criteria with a simple checkbox like "Show scroll bar".

When you double-click or double-tap the cell to edit the value, the scrollbar could appear immediately below or above the cell, as shown in the attached image. (For this image, I used a form field scroll bar, but I think it gets the point across).

I'd like to see…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Keyboard Shortcut to Edit Active Cell (like F2)

Excel for iPad needs a hardware keyboard shortcut to "Edit the active cell and put the insertion point at the end of its contents." This is the F2 function in Excel for PC. This shortcut is very important for people who rely on the arrow keys to navigate spreadsheets.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Preview scaling

I use MS Excel on my iPhone (in addition to my normal desktop/laptop usage). It is very annoying that there is apparently no way to scale the preview, which in my particular case is teeny weeny!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base