Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mobile Devices, Tablets, Phones (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Excel for Mobile Devices forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Need a tab for “Clear recent files list”

Removing items from the recent files one by one is time consuming and inefficient. A select multiple or clear all option would be convenient.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need text to columns on Ipad version of excel...

I cannot understand why why why does Ipad not have so many functions in EXCEL... the most simplest of functions like “TEXT TO COLUMNS” isnt available on Ipad, i was totally surprised by this as its one of the most basic functions that many people have to use in EXCEL.. i absolutely fail to understand why this simple function isnt available... PLS MICROSOFT IF YOU LISTENING TO THESE COMMENTS BRING THE FUNCTION TO IPAD ASAP..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please give an option to enable macros on Ipad

Please give an option to enable macros on iPad version. Very Useful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Default Zoom for Excel

Depending on a user’s device and screen available, an ability to have a default global zoom for the app would be great! It would save a lot of time playing with + or - zoom buttons or pinching & expanding every time a file is open. THX!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Open and edit .csv files on Excel for iPad

With iPads being used as standalone computers these days, this seems is a vital function that should be included in your application’s capabilities, especially as it pertains to the data sciences. There is no work-around for this, and in certain cases (like with github repo’s), I cannot even save a copy of a .excel file to a .csv file. Please remedy this!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. CVS.file open and editing feature added

Allow opening and editing of CVS.Files

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow access to add-ins for Chromebook

I am a college student majoring in business administration and I purchased a Chromebook to for convenience purposes because my MacBook Pro is too heavy to carry around campus. I assumed that I could operate Microsoft Office applications the same as if it were any other computer. I have to take classes that prompt for me to use the Data Analysis tool in Excel to generate a regression analysis. I had no idea that most of add-ins and other features were unavailable with the Chromebook. I would've purchased another laptop if that were the case. Is there a way where…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Desktop feature to both andriod and iOS

With the relatively new Samsung tablet 7 series and the iPads being almost as powerful as a laptop, these options seems really appealing to consumers, particularly for people who need to travel or move around a lot (uni student etc.) Whilst some of the features in the desktop version may not be transferred over, I would like to see a lot more functionality in the formatting of numbers and data increase as well as quality of life changes that help both Android users and iOS users.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. text to coloumn and Pivot table

I hope office 365 on android can support feature TEXT TO COLOUMN and PIVOTABLE

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. display comment background images in mobile version of Excel

I use the comments feature to display thumbnail images that equate to full sized images linked to in a cell. Have automated the loading of thumbnails into comment backgrounds via VB code then distribute the non-macro-enabled spreadsheet for others to walk through thumbnails to then select images for download. (this is an old family photo catalog with full size images on a web server.) The mobile version of this catalog would be spiffier than the computer-based version if this one feature worked. thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please can you make it possible to download CSV Files To IOS IPAD IPHONE etc

It doesn’t seem to be possible to download a CSV file directly on to an Apple mobile device such as IPad Pro, IPhone etc, please could you consider this in your next update

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. outlook NSF to PST Conveter

Key Specialties of InQuit NSF to PST Converter are following:
    • The tool gives preview NSF items after the scanning which helps you to validate the software results.
    • In the demo version, the user can convert & save 10 emails per folder in PST format
    • You can select the 4 NSF file at the time and can convert it into the single PST format
    • Multiple saving options MSG, RTF, EML, HTML & PDF
    • Easily export converted NSF file to O365 and Outlook (Existing & New) profile.
    • Export contacts in CSV format.
    • Conveniently convert large-sized…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Fill Equations Down Columns on iPad

With mouse support now on iPad, it’d be helpful to allow double-clicking the bottom-right corner of cells to fill equations down columns.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Graag de brush functie toevoegen in excel voor android

Ik mis de brush functie in de android. Ik denk veel meer mensen die de mobile app gebruiken.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. SHEET TAB COLORS

I would like to be able to change the colors of my sheet tabs. Thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Clear recent files

I just started using at a new job, but my recent files from my old company are still in the recent list

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product Setup and Activation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. NSF to PST Converter

InQuit NSF to PST Notes to Outlook Converter Tool is one the best source for the repairing corrupted NSF files and recover into Outlook PST, EML, MSG, MBOX, PDF, HTML, Office365, Live Exchange Server within 3 simple steps. It recovers all the lotus notes items from corrupted, encrypted, damaged, and orphaned NSF files without losing any other existing files data. This converter toolkit offers the user to securely export multiple NSF files data into Outlook PST in bulk. It has live preview option to re-check lotus notes data before the conversion. This conversion utility is compatible with all the editions…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Personal vault document

I am unable to see my personal vault in One Drive from the Excel IPad app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base