Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mobile Devices, Tablets, Phones (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile)

Welcome to the Excel for Mobile Devices forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Customizable toolbars...or at least a customizable ribbon

The ability to create custom toolbars of any size or orientation, and position them on the screen in a way that best fits the workflow was a brilliant feature that was killed by the ribbon. If Microsoft won't bring back custom toolbars, then at the very least the ribbon should be customizable.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. increase width of dropdown lists

As is use data validation to create drowdown lists i am in need of a higher width of those lists using excel iOs App.

The entries are very long so that i can only see the beginning. The decision which entry should be taken must be made at the end.

I would like to increase the width of a dropdown list manually. Please improve this asap.

Many thanks in Advance.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Support for the files app

To be able to save to the files app and iCloud (and remove the need for an iPad/iPhone tab)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Inside cell border option

The options for border have various combinations, including 'all border' and 'only outside borders'. But it does not include options for inside a grid of cells such as 'inner vertical lines', 'inner horizontal lines' and 'only inside borders'.

Please add these variations as they critical to format files with multiple rows and columns. On the PC version, these are available under the 'more borders' option but the same is not present in the mobile version. Kindly add this functionality.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. graphing - see / modify data series

That I know of, there's no way to create a graph and then edit the data series afterwards. Clearly there are multiple data series created in some charts but I don't see a way to view / edit them without a lot of tedious dragging control handles around in the spreadsheet. It would be so much better to be able to have a dialog box pop up and hand edit the data series.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. botonALT+SHIFT+ENTER

Necesitamos esa opcion porque quiero poder visualizar todos los resultados de una formula de matriz porque en un smartphone no se puede hacer ALT +SHIFT +ENTER

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. ability to uninstall updates

ability to uninstall updates or build

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Touch Keyboard bug on IPad Pro 10.5 with excel

The new iPad Pro uses a slightly larger keyboard and I’ve noticed that there is a bug when you swap from ABC to 123 on the keyboard (the abc...123 google button on the bottom right)

If you tap on it, it will change your keyboard to a more numeric centric one.

However, the ABC...123 button from that point is now hidden by the keyboard itself; this is because the program appears to code to have that frame follow the keyboard if the user moves the touch keyboard.

Since the IPad Pro has a larger keyboard than most IOS devices, the…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Voice commands

Inputting on a touch screen is not as efficient without a keyboard or a mouse. Voice commands like "select cell a1" and "copy A1 till A5 paste in B1" could be useful.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please add the feature to Excel for Android. This is the ability to create custom number (cell) format as it is in Windows. I need numbers t

Please add the feature to Excel for Android. This is the ability to create custom number (cell) format as it is in Windows. I need numbers to add units of quantity. Pre-defined is only currency unit on Android. I am adding "m²", "kg" and the like. Thank you.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. App Freeze IOS

The newest version release July 10, 2017 has major user issues.
    First I was experiencing saving errors at random times. The ipads have internet on them and I figure it was because it lost communication to server it gave a error message of conflicted copy of workbook and need to save copy to continue. That still is a issue.

Second: Cant hide tabs in workbook after July 10, 2017 update. When I attempt to hide tabs within a workbook the app freezes for about a minute then closes down. Once I reopen the app then it opens but any data…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Permit use of Draw for marking up and adding numbers, text,etc when using "Freeze Pane" for Headers. Was functional before latest update.

Allow use of "Draw" functions at the same time using "Freeze Pane" functions. This was possible before the 4/13/2017 update.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Scatter plot selects wrong data for display, need to manually specify range for x,y data

Need ability to manually edit or specify data ranges for scatter plots. Currently is automatically determined from initial range selection during chart creation, and this is frequently incorrect.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add spell check feature

Spelling checker is a must for Android user since we are using virtual keyboard

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add ability to show/hide and move equation and r-squared value as elements for linear trendline

Currently the only way to see the equation and r-squared value for a linear trendline is to use a quick layout. If you do that, you can not hide either the equation or the R-squared, and more importantly, you can not move it around on the chart so that it doesn't overlap other elements. Also, I'd prefer to see enabling the equation and R-squared as part of the Elements option as opposed to that being kind of hidden under layouts.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Have the ability to group column for more visibiiity

Group columns and name them like the PC version. Thanks !

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hide Ribbon When Scrolling

When opening and scrolling a excel sheet, it automatically goes into full screen mode. Can you provide an options as in Windows phone to hide/unhide the worksheet from going full screen when scrolling the data in a sheet.

Thanks

Thanks

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. PROBLEM... ref. 1389918527 // having problems accessing files on my onedrive thru the excel app,, keeps telling me "cant open file" {file ma

PROBLEM.. ref.. 1389918527
    having problems accessing files on my onedrive thru the excel app,, on ipad, keeps telling me "cant open file" {file may be locked,in use,or you don't have sufficient permission} this is resolved only for a short time to log out of excel on ipad then log back in, then re-add my onedrive account. the same error will randomly happen the next day. I have been thru the uninstall, reinstall, reset, and to purchase of a new ipad that has same issues,, this is a APP problem.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base