Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mobile Devices, Tablets, Phones (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile)

Welcome to the Excel for Mobile Devices forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Protection des cellules (ajouter ou enlever)

Impossible de lever ou d’ajouter une protection! sans cette fonction certain classeur sont inutilisable... merci de faire le nécessaire !

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Formatting as currency

When formatting a number as currency, we have to select desired symbol each and every time by scrolling through the huge list of currency symbols. Please add recently used symbols to the top of the list. Thank you.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Navigating in Excel for iPad

I have browsed the help on this subject within Excel and within iPad.
    I can find nothing that sheds any light on how to navigate complex multi-sheet workbooks.
    I use FCT PageDn and FCT PageUp to navigate from sheet to sheet to enter detail prices, This is extremely clumsy and time-consuming in this Excel version, and, what is more, I seem to have no guarantee that the cursor position on the target sheet will be correct.
    It would seem that I have to buy a keyboard in the hope that these functions I have used for years become available again,…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Jump to last/first row

I want to use Excel for Android to view/edit lists, e.g. history of repairs of the car, history of events regarding the house, ...

When I add new entries at the end, I always need to go to the last row. On Android it seems that you need to scroll to the last row manually. There is no automatic way to jump to the last row.

So I would appreciate when a simple way to jump to the first/last row will be implemented.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 開檔案好耐

係手機開個3MB 的file,load成20分鐘,有時甚至會死機唔郁,點解會咁慢?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Difference of 2 Values

In Status bar “Difference” could be seen as we can see min max sum etc. To see difference we have to do manual calculations every time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Problemas de conexión con la cuenta Microsoft

Hola! Al tratar de ingresar a mi correo desde la aplicación me manda error y se cierra automáticamente. Alguien podría ayudarme?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Teach sales and tech staff which office 365 versions needed for all functions to work on iPad Pro 10.5 upwards

Just spent over 2 hours online with both tech agents and sales agents neither of which could suggest which exact version of office 365 subscription would install full app version capabilities of iPad Pro 10.5.
    Insert data from picture feature being promoted since May 2019 would be good if it could be installed. Or your staff understood your software or hardware links. Instead of up selling a feature to an interested company they now believe it is more Microsoft vapourware rather than a real improvement for their situations

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product Setup and Activation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Include among the storage services iCloud

Due to the fact that we are using Excel per iPad we should be able to access files stored on iCloud which is the default service for Apple’s users

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Include among the file positions also “iCloud” because we are using the IOS version of Excel

Due to the fact that we subscribe to the IOS version of Excel it should be normal to open file saved on iCloud while the Apple service is not included and cannot be added.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 拡張子

拡張子 .xlsと.xlsxはどのように変えて保存するのですか?
    Excelのテンプレートで.xlsの形でメールするところがありまして……。

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Full screen

There was a button to view the sheet in full screen on iPhone
    Please bring it back

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Could you add a maths calculator

So something that makes it easier to calculate insurance costs instead of having to go in and out of the app itself

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Sharepoint check in/out from within the app

Allow check-in/check-out from within the app for files stored on SharePoint sites that enforce checkin/out, without having to launch it in the browser, check out, then go back to browser when done, and check in from there

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 無法登入

帳號無法登入 無法更改重要資料

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Graphic Representation

Office on iPhone is an excellent application and of great use. Often however, when working on small mobiles, it is not readily clear what files are on my mobile vs. cloud and how to better organize them. I see a numbers of old dates for the same file names. A descriptive (graphic) presentation also showing duplication may help. Same image can be managed from iPhone or laptop.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Storage usage limits for mobile app file cache/downloads

An optional limit to the amount of storage used by the mobile apps to download recently used files. Otherwise a limit to the number of files cached in this manner based on how recently they were used or a limit on how long it keeps them on the mobile device.

This would allow users to save space on the mobile device. Keeping only documents they expect to use easily accessible.
    Along with a keep on device setting for important files to provide users control over this functionality.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base