Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mobile Devices, Tablets, Phones (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile)

Welcome to the Excel for Mobile Devices forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please improve fill options for Android

Fill options like series for numbers is very important, hope u can add that soon.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Double or more keys sorting in Excel for iPad

It would be very important to be able to sort databases with multiple keys and to be limited to only one.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. (Check box availability on ios

Check box availability for iOS devices

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add r2 value

Add an r-squared value for graphs

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. EPS for Stock Quotes

Adding EPS (earnings per share) to the list of available options in the stock feature

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Fix Threaded comments, so they are compatible with older versions Excel

Since mobile version update to v2.21, if I insert a cell comment in the iPad version of Excel, it now generates a threaded comment, which is incompatible with older versions Excel, even gives the error on the iPhone Suggestion to use cell notes (as apposed to comment) does not work as you cannot do that in these mobile versions. see attached screen shot for error on iphone

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Dynamic chart/ grapgh/ visualisation titles in Excel

Allow ability to concatenate cell values to dynamic chart titles (I.e. allow the facility to show chart title getting values from multiple cells) Presently Excel allows dynamic chart titles to take from a single cell, not multiples.If dynamic chart titles can be done by concatenating multiple cell values, it's more efficient and less error prone specially with complex visualisation/ presentations.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Autofit chart area in chart sheet

When viewing a chart in a chart sheet on my iPhone, I have to rotate my iPhone in landscape mode, then in portrait mode for the chart to show in its entirety. And even when doing so, the chart area doesn’t use the available space in portrait and landscape modes. My ask is then to always autofit charts in chart sheets to use the maximize available space. Thanks!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. My mobile number +918000025811, I am not able to edit anything in Microsoft excel .i want to make n edit new excel file

My mobile number +918000025811, I am not able to edit anything in Microsoft excel .i want to make n edit new excel file

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Dont fit it!

NOT a new idea. A huge complaint! Excel does not fully function on tablets. For example many basic features such as print preview, data sort and many others do not work. Microsoft does not disclose this to retailers and thus customers purchase tablets not knowing they will not get full functionality of Excel. I have checked with many Uk retailers and they are assured EXCEl is fully functional on tablets. Thus Microsoft are lying!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. vertical text - (edit cell -,for,at cell - rotate text)

The ability to rotate text in a cell to varying degrees (at least 90) which is available in pc excel via edit cells - format -,rotate text....should be included ASAP. This feature used primarily in the header cells of a column where the filtered cells would be of limited width (I.e. 1 digit...or an “X”) allowing greatly increased utilization of limited viewing real estate.

Ironically, Google Sheets has even included this feature at this point (formulas were once required)...despite the app being barren in terms of features compared to xls in general.

Please add this staple functionality.

108 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Предупреждение а макросах

Сделать временно всплывающие мне постоянно мешает

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Parola korumalı sheet de şifre girebilme imkanı yok ve bu yüzden sheet de herhangi bi düzeltme veya silme yapılamıyor

Parola korumalı sheet de şifre girebilme imkanı yok ve bu yüzden sheet de herhangi bi düzeltme veya silme yapılamıyor

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Integrate with Procore as a “place” to open and save documents

Procore is a leading construction project management tool. It would greatly increase our teams’ ability to work with Office 365 documents if they could open AND save files back to Procore from their iOS devices.
    https://feedback.procore.com/forums/183340-customer-feedback-for-procore-technologies-inc/suggestions/37535908-open-office-open-and-save-back-office-365-document

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. устраните пожалуйста ошибку Windows insider preview на Lumia 640

Не могу зарегистрироваться в Windows insider preview ошибка 0X80072ee7

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Show better information in File listing on open

I have stored wbks in iCloud as .xlsm and then found that Macros don’t work. So I stored them again as.xlsx. However, when I come to clear out unusable stuff it is impossible to identify which is which. File suffix, creation date should all be shown.
    Also when I want to save iCoud files on my iPad (so that I can always go back to my original when the local version gets messed up) it is not evident where to find my local storage - of course it is in there but under PUBLIC! That is not obvious and the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Conditional formatting

Existing conditional formatting works when opened on Android version, but there is no option to create new from the Android app.
    Not getting full value for money on office365 subscription.

167 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make Excel for IPad as good and as usable as it is for any laptop

Excel for IPad is so limited compared to excel for a PC, make them the same. I pay for office 365 and should have the same usability as any other customer irrelevant of the device used.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base