Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mobile Devices, Tablets, Phones (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Excel for Mobile Devices forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Set a mobile view for spreadsheets

I often access 12 column spreadsheet on a iPhone which is a paint to deal with. It would be very useful to setup a “mobile view” on the 4 or 5 columns most important to me. Clicking a row could show me the information included in other columns

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. delete row/column shortcut

Need the command-minus shortcut for deleting rows. the command-shift-plus sign works for inserting rows/columns, but not this one for deleting

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add support for Data Validation for drop-down cells

Could the Data Validation feature for cells be implemented in the Android version of Excel? It appears that a column of drop-down cells cannot be defined using this version.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Change formatting defaults on iPad

I would appreciate the ability to change default options (such as default fonts or cell formatting) on my iPad. I originate spreadsheets from my iPad, transfer them to my cloud storage and work on them at my PC or laptop. Would be nice to not have to reformat the file each time. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Insert Copied and Cut Cells

This function is available on desktop excel. I can’t believe its not available here, since the iOS excel already permits it, by applying only to rows and columns. It’s really necessary to insert only selected cells.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. iOS用のExcelアプリと、Bluetoothキーボードの矢印キーで先頭位置の表示。

iOS用のExcelアプリですが、Bluetoothキーボードの矢印キーで先頭位置を表示せず、いつももやもやしています。仕方がないので、指で表示させています。これまでに何度も何度も貴社へ指摘しましたが、一向に改善の兆しがありません。アプリの改善を希望します。どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。
    添付したスクリーンショットについて。
    shot-1は、現実に起きるキーボードの矢印キーだけで移動した状態です。
    shot-2を期待して動かしています。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. iOS用のExcelアプリと、Bluetoothキーボードの矢印キーで先頭位置の表示。

iOS用のExcelアプリですが、Bluetoothキーボードの矢印キーで先頭位置を表示せず、いつももやもやしています。仕方がないので、指で表示させています。これまでに何度も何度も貴社へ指摘しましたが、一向に改善の兆しがありません。アプリの改善を希望します。どうぞよろしくお願いいたします。
    添付したスクリーンショットについて。
    shot-2を期待して動かしています。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. iOS用のExcelアプリと、Bluetoothキーボードの矢印キーで先頭位置の表示。

添付したスクリーンショットについて。
    shot-2を期待して動かしています。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. iOS用のExcelアプリですが、Bluetoothキーボードの矢印キーで先頭位置を表示せず、いつももやもやしています。仕方がないので、指で表示させています。これまでに何度も何度も貴社へ指摘しましたが、一向に改善の兆しがありません。アプリの改善を希望します。どうぞよろしくお願いい

添付したスクリーンショットについて。
    shot-2を期待して動かしています。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. iOS用のExcelアプリですが、Bluetoothキーボードの矢印キーで先頭位置を表示せず、いつももやもやしています。仕方がないので、指で表示させています。これまでに何度も何度も貴社へ指摘しましたが、一向に改善の兆しがありません。アプリの改善を希望します。どうぞよろしくお願いい

添付したスクリーンショットについて。
    shot-2を期待して動かしています。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Enable Slicers and Timelines to function on Mobile and 365 Online versions.

We need to be able to share dashboards created in Excel with users in the field using the Mobile app or 365 Online. Our dashboards contain slicers and timelines for Pivot Data. None of these functions appear to be available in the mobile and 365 editions. This is a MASSIVE drawback and one that Google Sheets is spanking MS with.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Using Notes Instead of Comments

I've been an Excel user for quite a while and have many spreadsheets, I work in Excel as a standalone user on a daily basis. As such I do not have a need for the new Comments feature and prefer the Notes approach to annotating my worksheets. Furthermore, I'm using an Excel 2010 on my Windows 8.1 Pro laptop, so I lose all Notes from my laptop when I transfer the file to my Android smart phone. And viewing the Comments created by Excel Mobile on my laptop is cumbersome because of the warning caveat displayed at the beginning of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Unlock password protected files with FaceID

Please provide the ability to unlock/view password protected Office files with FaceID on iOS devices.

Opening a file for the first time would be of course with the set password, but that password could be switched to FaceID when opening it for the rest of the times.

Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. If I can do it on my desktop, I must be able to do it on my iPad

Stop crippling it. You are not going to sell more "Surface" computers by crippling Office-on-IOS; you just keep looking like a bunch of amateurs.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Re-include trend analysis in charting (regressive analysis)

What did you do with it? I remember having the ability to include trend curves in charts to enhance the direction a data point might be taking... I can't find it now. It's been a while since I've used Excel in my business, but now I'm finding a very useful informational tool is gone...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. please put data refresh on external data links for stock quotes for excel on mobile devices

please put data refresh on external data links for stock quotes for excel on mobile devices

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Number Keypad in Card View

Have the option to choose the number keyboard when entering values in card view

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. SpreadSheetML support

I have a host tool that generates XLS files however they contain SpreadSheetML content. My uses need to be able to open those files in Excel for iPad.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please let iPad excel users print grid lines...

Om the iPad Pro I cannot print MS excel with grid lines...in the business world and many spreadsheets with many numbers it is much easier to read with gridlines own paper...

Also an option to freeze a line headers or a column headers so to stay put and move through the rest of the spreadsheet not go bac and forth to check line a header is on

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base