Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mobile Devices, Tablets, Phones (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile)

Welcome to the Excel for Mobile Devices forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Analysis Toolpak for Chromebooks

Can we please have an Analysis Tookpak available for the Chromebooks? It’s a core to excel users and most college students who uses Chromebooks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow drop down data validation menus for iPad and iPhone

Allow/create drop down data validation menus for iPad and iPhone

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Can you give us the function of adding the pic into the cell or over the cells so that pics fits auto into the cells size,

Can you give us the function of adding the pic into the cell or over the cells so that pics fits auto into the cells size,just like the function in google sheets

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add subtotal

Can you add “subtotal()” function as similar to windows version on iPad excel? This a great tool to do statistics in a filtered selection of data.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. We need a way to use the "right mouse click" functions on MS Excel for Android tablets.

We need a way to use the "right mouse click" functions on MS Excel for Android tablets.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to bold or italicize half of a cell

In regular Excel on my computer, I'm able to bold or italicize only a portion of the text within a cell, while keeping the other portion regular font. This is unable to be done on the iPad version of Excel. Please add this simple functionality to the iPad version of Excel.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add built in vba parser and interpreter so macros run properly. (Just a bit more time consuming than an ASM interpreter.)

I think excel mobile could (and should) run macros. I could build a VBA interpreter for you...I've done a full ASM interpreter in several languages on codingame.com, it should be pretty easy to make one for VBA just way more time consuming. I have certificates for about 30 programming languages and have experience in about 20 of those.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add “Engineering” display format. (e.g. 1.234E5 —> 123.4E3)

Many scientific calculators can display value in above format.
    If Excel implements this format, I don’t have to use a calculator

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow subscription free use for tablets greater than 10.1 screen size

If your screen size on a mobile device is greater than 10.1 inches you need a subscription to edit spreadsheets on onedrive excel.
    I have just upgraded my iPad from 4th gen to iPad Air, and apples new basic iPad screen is 10.2 inches.
    Therefore, may people will suddenly find they can’t edit their basic spreadsheets that they have been using no problems for years.
    Please remove the screen size limit, having it doesn’t make me want to get a subscription (a nonsense for just one spreadsheet), it makes me want to find another provider.
    Please fix this!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Android Office

The excel worksheet tab was gone. Could not show all worksheets vertically.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. voice help

my idea is to make answering person help .we find it difficulte to follow up formula as a bigining its looks very heard we need on line help doesnt matter if its paid fees

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add Support for .XML files in iOS

I have an application that uses .XML files that need to be edited in Excel and then pasted back to the app.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Blokowanie wybranych komórek w wysyłanym pliku.

Bardzo przydatna byłaby mi funkcja która umożliwiłaby zablokowanie wybranych prze zemnie komórek. Tak aby odbiorca mógł edytować tylko wybrane komórki. Dzięki, pozdrawiam.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add Developer Tab for Excel on iPad

I would like to see the Developer Tab available on iPad. This allows the insertion of checkboxes in Excel spreadsheets.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I need access to Regression via Chromebook Excel

I just purchased this Chromebook in August for school because I am supposed to have access to office 365 because I'm a student. Well, I can't retrieve the Regression Analysis on my laptop. I need Microsoft to get on the ball with this problem. Although Chromebook has an android operating system, I am sure that a company your size can come up with a way for us to have full access on our tablets.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Data Entry by Voice Command

To judge live events I need to talk not look at the screen. Simple data entry (on a template or form) is what I need. Dictate the cell content and then say "tab" to go to the next available cell is all I need.

It would be great if keyboard commands were available by voice, as I can't always see the screen in different outdoor light - but just a little to start with would be brilliant.
    Please could you consider this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Cuando se podrán abrir dos archivos de Excel al mismo tiempo en el iPad Pro?

Es muy normal trabajar con dos archivos de Excel al mismo tiempo, cosa que no es posible hoy en día en el iPad, cuando se podrá tener esta mejora?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base