Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mobile Devices, Tablets, Phones (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile)

Welcome to the Excel for Mobile Devices forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Excel for Mobile Devices

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. saving excel files in other formats?????

Please, i have an iPad "Pro" and i cannot save a file as a .csv. I cannot understand how this is not possible. This is basic functionality for any science/engineering application. Basically it means that without this, mobile Excel is not a solution i can adopt.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add the possibility to display custom backgrounds for mobile devices.

Custom backgrounds disappear on mobile Devices, both ios and Android. These can look god on custom styled Dashboard sheets on desktop, but will disappear on Device.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sheet protection

Please add the ability to protect and unprotect work sheets in excel iOS.

I regularly use excel on Mac and lock my cells for security and to avoid accidental input. But then I can’t unprotect the sheet from my iOS devices to edit it on the go. Frustrating and disappointing as I have seen this suggestion frequently pop up.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Autofit chart area in chart sheet

When viewing a chart in a chart sheet on my iPhone, I have to rotate my iPhone in landscape mode, then in portrait mode for the chart to show in its entirety. And even when doing so, the chart area doesn’t use the available space in portrait and landscape modes. My ask is then to always autofit charts in chart sheets to use the maximize available space. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Not to save by default when opening files

Not to save by default when opening files As it is usual to open and perform no edit but to update the file modification date without sense as no change was made

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Unlock spreadsheets on IOS devices

It would be a lot better if you could lock and unlock spreadsheets whilst using an IOS device

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please add userforms

I have several spreadsheets with macros and user forms. Its been frustrating to be unable to use these functions. After a spreadsheet is built it only makes sense for it to perform correctly when a user need to enter data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Trace precedents/ dependents

Critical feature of excel to audit/ understand calculations made by others...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. OCR cell input

Expose a quick & ready method to begin inputting text into current active cell from an OCR scan from the camera. There would ideally be a way to optionally have the scan jump to the next column, next row, or no jump, after confirming good read.

An example scenario: you have been tasked with taking inventory of all the computers in your office, including serial numbers. You create a new spreadsheet on your mobile device. Click in the first row and make a "header" row with labels "office number", "serial number", "item type" and "model number". Next, you walk up…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Lock cells and activate links

When I lock cells, the links I have assigned to the cells no longer work.I have to leave the cell unlocked so the links work. This is another feature that does not make sense. Why bother locking links. Could you please make it so locking allows for links to work as well?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Lock cells by allow computed values

I have EXCEL sheets with lock and unlock cells so my users can only edit where they are supposed to. However, I have cells that are calculated and I want then locked as well. It appears that lock calculated cells NO LONGER compute. I need to leave them unlocked and therefore vulnerable to users to mess with it. Why does locking need to affect calculated fields?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Insert Feature In Excel does not have a way to insert/link a Word/PDF to a cell in the spreadsheet. Office 365 needs to be more robust. Tx

Insert Feature In Excel does not have a way to insert/link a Word/PDF to a cell in Excel. Office 365 needs to be more robust if it is to be a replacement version of the MS Office for IMac. Tx

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Can't download Office help files. My laptop has 500GB.I hiked into a national forest. Great peaceful day. Excel help files missing. *****

Please allow Office help files to be downloaded selectively to laptops. It appears you are focused on mobile devices with minuscule storage, so you prohibit downloads of help files. In the previous page, you don't even mention laptops!!! My laptop has 500GB of HDD storage, which is more than adequate. I AM ANGRY! YOU HAVE CRIPPLED MY OFFICE APPS!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product Setup and Activation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Per your support agents there is no way to print the column headings (the top row) on every page of an excel for iPad workbook. Titles shou

Where is the ability to print column headings on every page, in excel for iPad. I need to see the column titles on every page, not just the first page.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Akasia

Exporting data with documents

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Integrate with Procore as a “place” to open and save documents

Procore is a leading construction project management tool. It would greatly increase our teams’ ability to work with Office 365 documents if they could open AND save files back to Procore from their iOS devices.
    https://feedback.procore.com/forums/183340-customer-feedback-for-procore-technologies-inc/suggestions/37535908-open-office-open-and-save-back-office-365-document

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Stop Multiple files opening automatically

I can’t stop excel for Mac from opening around 20 previous files automatically. I have tried troubleshooting steps with no luck. Please make it easier to disable this feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base