Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mobile Devices, Tablets, Phones (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile)

Welcome to the Excel for Mobile Devices forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Pivot tables is key

Be able to manage pivot tables in excel reporte in Android

444 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

73 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Need an escape key for mobile Excel on iphone and ipad

There needs to be an escape key for excel on iPhone and ipad

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Sticky Note under Info screen of 'File'

…to replace the comments section which is too small and not all that functional.

Disclaimer: I often digress in utter excitement, bear with me.

This section could include notes to oneself when drafting, editing, or sharing documents in school or at work. It transcends the type of program being used. I am a Food Scientist analyzing cook time and initial moisture over various time periods and weather patterns by use of Pivot Tables. I’ve made some great progress on my spreadsheet, but now that I’m winding down at home for the night, I’d like to jot down a few final…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. hi

hi i want application that support pivot table slicer at andriod system for excel program at mobile or tablet thank u

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add ability to use custom "User-Made" template in Excel

Add support for CUSTOM TEMPLATES in mobile version of excel. Another question asking the same thing was posted, but apparently Microsoft can't read as they just added the ability to use templates, but not CUSTOM USER-MADE TEMPLATES! Quit handicapping your mobile apps. It's bad enough form controls and VBA aren't supported still. At least make a useable option that is mobile friendly.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Makro-Benutzung in Online Version einbinden

Makros in der Online Version mit einbinden und benutzen

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow Excel for iPad to use the Signature Line feature available in Excel for Windows.

International Seafoods of Alaska uses Excel files on iPads to fill out and submit quality control worksheets for at its seafood processing facility and needs to have the QC Inspectors and QC Supervisors sign the Excel worksheet forms we've created in Excel for Windows. We've tested inserting a pair of Signature Lines for these signatures, but in Excel for iPad, the signature line added in Excel for Windows is visible, but does not respond. Please make Excel for iPad enable the use of the Signature Lines, so we can use our Apple Pencils to sign Excel worksheets before submitting them.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Don’t automatically open last document

Whenever I open Excel it automatically tries to download and open my last document. This actually takes significant time and slows the opening of Excel, especially when I don’t want to use that last document. Perhaps a simple switch in settings to control this behavior? I would prefer that Excel just opens to the file list.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Can you add csv conversion in excel ios

Hi am using excel spreadsheet on iPad Pro and I want to save it as a csv file. How do I go about that?

Can you add this function in future updates please to make it a complete office 365 as so far it’s at 364

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Office Add-in support

At Build 2015 it was announced Office Add-ins were to be available inside Office apps on Android by the end of the year. What happened? Particularly interested in progress on Add-in development for Excel on Android.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. interacting with embedded files/ insert or use audio file on mobile

when audio file is inserted as an object using Excel Desktop, it can not be opened or played on mobile devices.
    I have built a dictionary and would like to have audio files attached for ease of learning and use.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. How can I change sheets on my iPhone?

I can not switch between sheets on my iPhone mobile app of Excel.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. would be great to insert page breaks in work book

would be great to insert page breaks

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please support "Excel" links from external workbooks…

Excel Online does not support links from external workbooks…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Paste Plain Text On Iphone

I want to copy the data from MULTIPLE cells in Excel on an iphone and paste the data elsewhere. This data is TEXT. It needs to remain TEXT.
    I do not want to:

•copy an image file of the selected cells

•copy data from one cell at a time

•export this file to another spreadsheet app that easily performs this simple task (because such exporting has been, apparently, cleverly forbidden)

•retype the data from these cells into another spreadsheet app that easily performs this simple task (because there are tens of thousands of them.)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base