Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mobile Devices, Tablets, Phones (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile)

Welcome to the Excel for Mobile Devices forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hide Ribbon When Scrolling

When opening and scrolling a excel sheet, it automatically goes into full screen mode. Can you provide an options as in Windows phone to hide/unhide the worksheet from going full screen when scrolling the data in a sheet.

Thanks

Thanks

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add ability to add polynomial (or at least quadratic) trendline via elements for a scatter plot

Scatter plots for Scientific data measured by students often fit a parabola shaped trendline, i.e. a polynomial trendline with an order of 2. If supporting a polynomial trendline like desktop Excel is too computationally intensive, how about at least supporting a quadratic trendline (i.e. polynomial or order 2) inlcuidng the ability to show the equation and r-squared value. This would allow students to use iPad Excel to make predictions from data analysis done with the iPad.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Customizable toolbars...or at least a customizable ribbon

The ability to create custom toolbars of any size or orientation, and position them on the screen in a way that best fits the workflow was a brilliant feature that was killed by the ribbon. If Microsoft won't bring back custom toolbars, then at the very least the ribbon should be customizable.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. issues pasting into excel for iOS

When pasting into excel, it adds a blank row as a header and a footer

How it happens:
    I select a row of cells in Numbers (2 or more cells)
    I copy those cells
    I go to paste the cells into Excel
    The cells get pasted into a row below the one I have selected, and have a header and foot added to them of blank cells

I am able to get around the issue by pasting from Numbers into an Excel file using a different app "OfficeSuite", so I don't believe the issue is to do with Numbers

Even…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I want to protect cells on my worksteet

I want to protect cells on my worksheet

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Slider or Scroll Bar via Data Validation

I would like to see a slider or scroll bar become an in-cell data validation option (just as I'd like to see a date picker for dates and a new checkbox option).

This feature could be integrated into the "Whole number" validation criteria with a simple checkbox like "Show scroll bar".

When you double-click or double-tap the cell to edit the value, the scrollbar could appear immediately below or above the cell, as shown in the attached image. (For this image, I used a form field scroll bar, but I think it gets the point across).

I'd like to see…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow custom sort with multiple columns or criteria just like desktop versions

iOS only allows a single sort column and needs the same sort and filter characteristics as the desktop versions

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make file name fields longer

Use all of the available space to display file names in "Open" view. See attached screenshot. There is twice as much room available as is currently being used for the file name.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. To amend the function paste on multiple cells

After the update of April 11, 2017, when I try to copy the DATA of a one cell, isn't possible to paste it into a multiple cells

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Excel iOS: auto-saves files despite having switched off auto-save

Please see https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/7768863c-337c-49a3-b207-1a9635510bad for a serious bug first reported by the OP over 4 months ago.

If auto-save is switched off (which I think it should be by default, but that's another matter) and I discard changes when exiting a file, the file timestamp still changes. This then spreads to other devices seeing the file on OneDrive. So if I just want to check something in a file from several years ago it suddenly looks like I've recently edited the file! This bug of course is not present in Windows.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Still cannot open spreadsheets with multiple hidden columns (Excel for IOS 2.1)

This is the third link I receive in response to where I should post the problem.
    Follows the problem as well as the link with the posts
    Microsoft has made several updates available to try to fix the problem, but spreadsheets with multiple hidden columns remain unopened due to a bug. Currently the version of Excel for IOS is 2.1, but the problem continues to occur. Please Microsoft help us and correct this problem. We are waiting.

Version 1.31 works without problems, all subsequent updates present the problem after updating the app.
    I tested files with several hidden columns. If…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Excel is inaccessible for VoiceOver users after the April 11th update

I am a VoiceOver user and usually use Excel for the desktop. Occasionally, I have to take my worksheets on the road and need to edit them. I went on a trip to New Orleans from February 12 to February 22. During my trip, I could navigate around my worksheets and edit the cells. After the April 11 update, I tried to take an excel spreadsheet on the road but couldn't navigate the spreadsheet or edit the cells. Proper regression testing would have caught this problem. Please fix it hopefully in the next update.
    Thanks so much.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make Excel UI more like Numbers UI: more touch friendly

Excel feels too much like a Windows port with a few touch-friendly additions. Compare this to Numbers, which feels like a first-class citizen on iOS.

Two examples:
    1. Showing which cells are in a formula
    - in Numbers, if you tap a cell with a formula, it always shows immediately in colors which cells are in the formula. The keyboard does not pop up yet until you exit the cell
    - in Excel, to see which cells are in a formula, you need to double tap to edit it. The virtual keyboard pops up obscuring half the screen and often…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Advanced filter on ios excel!!!!

Lets get the advanced filter ability in the ios app! Excel is neutered by removing these great features.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. A new product: Excel Dynamic

I think Microsoft have a hug opportunity to improve Excel by introducing an icon-based add-on to Excel. This add-on will be used to do dynamic calculations (i.e. any calculations where you are looking at how things are changing over time) and will use the notation from system dynamics software (for examples, see sysdea.com or stella architect by iseesystems.com). The add-on will collapse the time series for any variable into one icon, and will make use of arrows to show causal connections between variables (rather than using confusing and error-prone cell references). These icons will make an important visual distinction between…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Specific colours for charts

Charts currently only allow selection of colour groups which rarely match the message I need to convey. I need to be able to select the display colour of individual data series in charts (bars, sectors or lines) and sometimes even individual parts of data series.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. gps navigation

please create two new functions or addins that inserts the ipads gps latitude and longitude into the excel spreadsheet. It would be great for doing navigation calculations. It would be great if the functions continuously updated as the ipad moves rather than having to manually recalculate.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base