Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mobile Devices, Tablets, Phones (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile)

Welcome to the Excel for Mobile Devices forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. X and Y manual values for scaling on graphs and charts

I have hit an inpasse whilst working on a document of which requires a graph. A brief description of my data is as follows. I am creating a comparison chart gauging residential broadband speeds in comparison to the speed the clients are paying for, the minimum access speed for their line and Ofcom's minimum speed regulations. Residential broadband speeds for fibre are currently offered generally in 38Mbps and 76Mbps packages. My data doesnt go up that high, however for a visual effect, I require to change the scale to the maximum value of the Y axis is 76 and the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Gridline printing for IPad

Allow Gridline printing for Ipad

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. <<<USE>>><<<MATH>>><<<WITH>>>LETTERS<<<SYMBOLS>>><<<ESM>>>

A+B+C+D+E+F+G+H+I+J+K+L+M+N+O+P+..............................=???...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Select multiple sheets in workbook on Android phone

I need to select multiple sheets of a workbook using Excel on my Android phone. These sheets must be saved into one file as a PDF document. Hoe do I accomplish this?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Conditional formatting

Existing conditional formatting works when opened on Android version, but there is no option to create new from the Android app.
    Not getting full value for money on office365 subscription.

60 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Voice to word function do not work in excel (Apple iPad version)

Voice to word function doesn't work and excel ( Apple iPad version ) is quited but it's function well in other apps or yahoo email after update of office.

Please help and thanks.

Tin

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Keeps asking to sign in to Office 365

For some reason across all devices, all IOS Office 365 apps keep asking us to sign in to enable features, even though it was signed in a few minutes ago. Please fix so they remember the account.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Excel IPad - Keyboard shortcut to switch sheets (tabs)

Create a keyboard shortcut to be able to switch between active sheets (tabs).

It's very useful and simple to implement, just to add a shortcut that is already available for Windows Users (ctrl + page up/down). Since IOS keyboards doesn't have page up/down keys, you just need to change this combination to another equivalent key combo like “ctrl + arrow key” (for example).

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Drop Down Menu Data Validation

I would love a way to create a custom drop down menu using data validation using the android app.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Need to be able lock/unlock a sheet or workbook on my iPad. This is a serious limitation. Please fix.

Not be able to protect/unprotected a sheet on my iPad is a serious limitation for me. It defeats the purpose of having multiple devices.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please can we have a fully functioning Chromebook specific version android app for Office 365 subscribers? Pleeeeaaassseee!

Chromebooks are now a common replacement for productivity ultraportable laptops. The only reason I paid for a 365 subscription was because the Excel app said I needed one for it to function correctly. What it failed to mention was that the android apps have limited funtionality! I think fully functioning android version of the Office suite would be much appreciated and standalone fully functioning paid apps for mobile devices and tablets would make great business sense as most poeple wouldnt use the whole Office suite anyway, but would have the option to pick and choose. I think it would make…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Macro That works doesn't have references in other workbook

I would be very happy if a macro is added In Excel for Mobile Devices(Apple store). If is not available because of Apple Store App guideline, then please add a macro that do not have references in other files but only in its own file.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. validation popup width is to small

The current width of the popup is way too small when having a validation list in cell. It should at least twice of the width what it is now.

The way it is now there is no use for it. Yes, maybe for a validation check if the value is "Yes";"No" or "Maybe".
    Specially when you want to use a product selection, this is way to small.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. vertical text - (edit cell -,for,at cell - rotate text)

Add standard excel feature ( edit cell - format - rotate text ) to any degree, or at a minimum 90 degrees or multiples of 45 degrees. This feature is becoming ubiquitous, even finding inclusion in functionally inferior products (I.e. google sheets)..due to its extreme usefulness in formatting (column headers to enable thin columns where filtered cells contain 1/few characters). This allows for maximization of coveted screen real-estate...which is of even greater premium in a mobile application where users have but one, smaller, screen with which to analyze data.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Need FORMAT-to-PRINT Features (e.g.: Print to PDF to share as standalone or embed into larger visual or old-fashioned Printing)

FORMAT-to-PRINT Features to enhance both DIGITAL spreadsheet viewing (working in a document ourselves, embedding it into a larger file/other programs, presentations, etc) and also to allow HARD-COPY (Yes, the tree-killing type of printing, only when necessary). These help create better documents and easier sharing spreadsheet work in Excel or as a PDF, etc... Formatting items like these below make interpretation easy and enhances file sharing so that the senders and receivers can see the framework of the document, allowing them to spend less time figuring out what they are looking at, how long it is, what page they are on,…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Support Creation of Pivot Tables in iPad and Android

Enable support for creation, refresh and modification of Pivot Tables and Slicers in iPad and Android.

923 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

180 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. we need the funksjon show formel. In the app for ipad

We need show formel on ipad app in excel

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base