Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mobile Devices, Tablets, Phones (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile)

Welcome to the Excel for Mobile Devices forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Excel for Mobile Devices

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have the ability to group column for more visibiiity

Group columns and name them like the PC version. Thanks !

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. PROBLEM... ref. 1389918527 // having problems accessing files on my onedrive thru the excel app,, keeps telling me "cant open file" {file ma

PROBLEM.. ref.. 1389918527
    having problems accessing files on my onedrive thru the excel app,, on ipad, keeps telling me "cant open file" {file may be locked,in use,or you don't have sufficient permission} this is resolved only for a short time to log out of excel on ipad then log back in, then re-add my onedrive account. the same error will randomly happen the next day. I have been thru the uninstall, reinstall, reset, and to purchase of a new ipad that has same issues,, this is a APP problem.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. graphing - see / modify data series

That I know of, there's no way to create a graph and then edit the data series afterwards. Clearly there are multiple data series created in some charts but I don't see a way to view / edit them without a lot of tedious dragging control handles around in the spreadsheet. It would be so much better to be able to have a dialog box pop up and hand edit the data series.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. ability to uninstall updates

ability to uninstall updates or build

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please add the feature to Excel for Android. This is the ability to create custom number (cell) format as it is in Windows. I need numbers t

Please add the feature to Excel for Android. This is the ability to create custom number (cell) format as it is in Windows. I need numbers to add units of quantity. Pre-defined is only currency unit on Android. I am adding "m²", "kg" and the like. Thank you.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Blattschutz aufheben

Ich habe das Problem, dass an verschiedenen Geräten der Blattschutz einer Exceldatei nicht aufgehoben werden kann.
    Bei der Excelversion handelt es sich um die Version 1.0.1 (16.0.8229.2048). Auf den Smartphones ist Android Version 6.0.1 installiert und es handelt sich um mehrere Smartphones von Samsung.
    Der Chache etc, wurden bei den Geräten schon gelöscht, Excel wurde zurück gesetzt. Es sind Geräte, bei denen sich die Datei früher öffnen ließ, und auch komplett neue Geräte.

Der Button für das Aufheben der Fensterfixierung ist nicht aktiv.

Wer hat eine Lösung für mich?

Michael Marschner

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make file name fields longer

Use all of the available space to display file names in "Open" view. See attached screenshot. There is twice as much room available as is currently being used for the file name.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Hello, The excel application does not open the books on the ipad, it writes "old graphic SmartArt". Previously, these books were opened and

Hello,
    The excel application does not open the books on the ipad, it writes "old graphic SmartArt". Previously, these books were opened and edited on the same iPad. How to open them ?!
    Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Open files

Just updated to 2.0.3 and now I can't open my files. What are you doing ...... let me go back to my previous vs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Slider or Scroll Bar via Data Validation

I would like to see a slider or scroll bar become an in-cell data validation option (just as I'd like to see a date picker for dates and a new checkbox option).

This feature could be integrated into the "Whole number" validation criteria with a simple checkbox like "Show scroll bar".

When you double-click or double-tap the cell to edit the value, the scrollbar could appear immediately below or above the cell, as shown in the attached image. (For this image, I used a form field scroll bar, but I think it gets the point across).

I'd like to see…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Wireless Mouse support within IOS Office (as Citrix did with the X1 Mouse)

Apples lacking native support for mice limits us with IOS Office.

Please consider mouse support directly within IOS Office. Maybe a partnership with Citrix to add support for the X1 Mouse?

(Link to show Citrix X1 Mouse) http://store.citrix.com/store/citrix/en_US/pd/ThemeID.28169600/productID.317779200)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. V2.0 autocomplete really breaks barcode scanning-- need option to turn off.

V2.0 autocomplete is 'faster' -- so it causes a HUGE issue for barcode scanning. This shouldn't have been a surprise to development since it started to an issue posted here in 2016... but now V2.0 makes it faster and more of an issue.... PLEASE give us the option to turn it off in iOS or option to install old version until fixed. This totally broke our workflow and there is no way to fix it ourselves. We have the option to disable autocomplete on the desktop version, but those properties don't stay with the file, so opening on OneDrive via…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Still cannot open spreadsheets with multiple hidden columns (Excel for IOS 2.1)

This is the third link I receive in response to where I should post the problem.
    Follows the problem as well as the link with the posts
    Microsoft has made several updates available to try to fix the problem, but spreadsheets with multiple hidden columns remain unopened due to a bug. Currently the version of Excel for IOS is 2.1, but the problem continues to occur. Please Microsoft help us and correct this problem. We are waiting.

Version 1.31 works without problems, all subsequent updates present the problem after updating the app.
    I tested files with several hidden columns. If…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add scroll bars on excel and word to navigate large sheets and documents

I work with large database files from counties, which Excel handles easily. The problem is getting around on these large sheets of 200 columns by 30,000 rows. Swiping makes it impossible to effectively view or edit these files. I am amazed that Excel accepts these files without a problem, but I need scroll bars to access different parts of the sheet. Even lowly PDF readers have these!

The same problem exists formlarge Word documents.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. It should be possible to pin spreadsheets to the home screen

T should be possible to in frequently accessed spreadsheets to the home screen so they can be opened with one tap. This would be similar to. How you can add frequently used web pages from safari.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Really hope that you're not closing this (and Word/Powerpoint) for desktop users

I really hope that you are not closing this down as it is really useful for small form-factor tablets where you don't need and don't want a full desktop experience (and don't want to "waste" a licence on it).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow Excel to link with OneNote for creation and use of Chemistry labs

I would like to create chemistry labs within OneNote (Class Notebook) and have the data link to an Excel file embedded within the OneNote lab. Then when students enter their data into the OneNote file, then it updates to an Excel file that has more "teacher information." I can then grade their lab reports more efficiently and paperless and have access to everything from anywhere.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make the share workbook function work on Iphone

With Excel,
    I'm on turning on, the track workbook function, on my Pc (window 10, with office 365 business)
    Everything is fine on every computer.
    But, once we try to open it on our cellphone with the excel app, it doesn't work and don't let us opening it.
    It saying: The content can't be take in charge
    This document include content that can't be take in charge.
    To modify a copy with out this content, press save a copy

Anyone can explain to me why this function isn't available on the excel app?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Need a way to convert row to json

Need a way to convert row to json

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base