Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mobile Devices, Tablets, Phones (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile)

Welcome to the Excel for Mobile Devices forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to create array formulas

Since Excel For iPad can evaluate properly array formulas, the abilility to create new ones must be added:
    - with a dedicated (crt sht enter) button
    - while pressing crt sht enter on physical keyboards

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Be able to see pictures in comments

In the pc world , I use comments for showing pictures. I have a list plants and when someone put their curser on the plant name, the picture comes up. In the iPad version of Excel, pictures and backgrounds will not show. Please add this feature to the iPad version.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please support "Excel" links from external workbooks…

Excel Online does not support links from external workbooks…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Full version for iPad (Pro at LEAST)

I got an iPad pro to use for school and it's very frustrating to have limited graphing capabilities. I bought Office 365 and would want full access everywhere.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Adding multiple series to a single scatter plot

I have to use scatter plots for many labs for college and that means that there are multiple test per experiment resulting in multiple tables per experiment. These multiple tables need to be added into a single scatter plot as different series.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add-in abilitly to embbed an immediately executing sound file that is value dependent.

I use Excel Android on my Samsung E tablet as a scoreboard., with player stats.

In order to make the scorekeeping more appealing and interesting, I would like to have the ability to embed a short mp3 file that can play immediately, upon reaching a value.

It should be able to play automatically, without having to search for and open the sound file player. Thank you very much.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please add in a Slider control for animated number count-up effect.

I use Excel Android as a scoreboard for games, and keeping stats.

To make the scoreboard more appealing and interesting, I would like to display new totals with a simple animation to show numbers counting up from the player's previous total.

Is a slider control add-in what is needed? Can it be done by formula? Thank you very much.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Excel cursor after entering data with the “return” key

In Excel on an iPad, after entering data (either a label or numeric) in a cell and touching the “return” key, the cursor goes down one cell. An answer to my post on the Microsoft Community site yielded an answer that a setting is not currently available to turn off this feature of dropping down one cell. In the computer version of Excel, such action is an option, so one can also have the program leave the cursor in the same cell after entering data with the “return” key. So my suggestion is that the settings should include the 2…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Data Validation in Excel Android

Good afternoon! We would like the Data Validation Tool to be available. I miss this tool in Excel, so I have to use other means and other applications to do my tasks. It would be great to make data validation available.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Sheets Data Refresh

Bardzo proszę, dodajcie możliwość odświeżania danych z plików zewnętrznych. Brakuje tej opcji najbardziej, zwłaszcza gdy pracuje się w zespole.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Data Validation in Excel Android

Good afternoon! We would like the Data Validation Tool to be available. I miss this tool in Excel, so I have to use other means and other applications to do my tasks. It would be great to make data validation available.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Increase functionality in iPad app

Many of us don't use a laptop, but only use iPad for our excel and other office 365 products. I want to be able to customize my ribbons, change my theme colors, develop macros. I want to do all the things that I used to be able to do when my macbook was working! I am paying just the same as everyone else and it's very frustrating to want to do something that I used to be able to do, and my hands are tied!!! Furthermore, I don't even know what I am not able to do on iPad excel…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. What-if-analysis

Think there is a need for an update so that what-if-analysis gets available. Especially goal-seek is a much needed thing for many students who uses a lot of Excel, to fully convert into Ipad excel versions.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Return Sheet Name =CELL("filename")

It is essential that I can use
    =CELL("filename")
    in Android excel.
    I use =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,255)
    to return the current sheet name in desktop excel. But in android it just gives #VALUE! which makes my workbook unusable as all the links break.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Excel for iPad

On opening the Cell menu show the four Paste Special options of
    Format Formula Value Picture at the outset for data already copied.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Password protection of spreadsheet

I just posted this question to Microsoft forums and found out that this feature is still not functional in Excel for iOS:
    I'm using Excel on an iPad Pro and would just tried to find a way to password protect a spreadsheet I'm saving to OneDrive. Searching the general web and these forums didn't readily surface an answer. I've seen old responses indicating that it wasn't possible to password protect a single sheet in 2014; however, I'd be surprised if it's not even possible to password protect an entire spreadsheet in the latest version of Excel for iOS.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Adding Excel File Icon not available on Onedrive for IOS when signed into business account but available on Personal Account sign in

I was referred to the Excel for Mobile team after trying to resolve the issue through my Office 365 Admin Support portal. When using OneDrive for IOS and signed into a business account, there are options for adding a powerpoint and word file but no option for adding an excel file. When signed into a personal account the option becomes available. I also have contacted OneDrive for IOS and they said this problem was outside of their expertise.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. "Show formulas". This function is essential!

In order to use excel on ipad to our exams, it needs "Show formulas". This function is essential!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Touch ID support for opening files

Request support for Touch ID in Excel iOS.

Touch ID works in OneDrive however when I want to open a file in Excel I need to login in with my password.

Touch ID support would be a very nice feature.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. i want to view 2 screens on my excel ipad

i want to view 2 screens on my excel ipad

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base