Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mobile Devices, Tablets, Phones (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile)

Welcome to the Excel for Mobile Devices forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Excel for Mobile Devices

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix the numeric keyboard for iPhone X

There is a small bug in the numeric keyboard in iOS. In iPhone X the keyboard is too close to the bottom of the screen. Almost 9 out of 10 times when I use it Excel is sent to the background by the bar in the middle. See the picture.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. reinstate the scroll buttons - these had been added earlier on, and then they are removed recentely.

Reinstate the scroll buttons - these had been added earlier on, and, strange enough, they are removed recently.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Hanging crashing and not responding issues while using Excel.

After Dec 2017 Update, my xl file having Freezes Panes getting hang. i also notes this is only happened mobile is not connected to internet. even xl files are store in mobile.
    also i try to reproduce the error, simply create a new xl file use Freeze Panes enter something on top side then enter something down. save the file then close xl completely then open again the same file it will be fine till now, once try to edit any cell this it will hang slowly have to restart the mobile.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Handling of decimal comma

When using a national version of Excel in places where the decimal delimiter is a comma, Excel is aware of it. On the PC version however, Excel is smart enough to recognize a "." in the middle of digits and take it as a decimal comma. On the Android version, it turns the data into text and keeps the ".", which is a pretty lame. This is important because the comma is only offered on the "special characters" keyboard requiring additional keyboard strokes to enter it, whereas the "." is always there.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Office Apps for Android don't work.

Office Apps for Android (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote) don't work and keeps on stopping when I just start them. I have factory resetted the phone but to no avail. What's wrong?

Phone : Redmi 2
    Android version : 7.1.2

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Scroll Bars

The following suggestions are based on my use of Version 16.0.9001.2077:

1. Provide a user-configurable option to show a handle when scrolling, or perhaps an option to specify scroll bars width.(It often takes 3 or more attempts to grab the extremely small scroll bars on my Samsung Note 8, I’m using a FHD+ (2220x1080) screen resolution.)

2. Scroll range should be limited to the worksheet data range.(For example, being able to scroll to row 3,000 on a worksheet that only has a 100 rows of data has little to no value and makes small scroll bar movements overly sensitive.)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Dear Microsoft, Please, no more with the default autosave in Office 365 Excel and Word! Please have default set to OFF and an option to sele

Dear Microsoft, Please, no more with the default autosave in Office 365 Excel and Word! Please have default set to OFF and an option to select it to autosave on. Please please! This is a daily hassle which we can do without. Please
    It seems to me to be a fix of something which worked perfectly well before and didn't need fixing. I can see that it may be useful in some circumstances, but to be on by default is an unnecessary interference with the way many people are working.
    If there was a setting in the options menu, that…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Android App

I cannot unprotect a file on my android phone to edit it's contents is extremely frustrating given I do not always have my laptop with to do so. Allowing an android user to unprotect sheets on the go to edit would be one of the greatest things you could update.

Thank You

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add a Reverse Selection option

Often I apply a filter for say 10 of the 25 items to analyse.
    The next thing I want to do is filter for the not yet filtered items (so the other 15 out of 25 items).
    Now I have to do this manually.
    I really like the Reverse Selection option (like in Windows Explorer) to be added to Excel.
    In the attached file I added a screendump of Windows Explorer with this option but this is in Dutch. I think in English the commands are Select All, Select Nothing and Reverse Selection.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add search option in ‘Open’ file section.

The search function in ‘Recents’ is great but searching for older files can be very difficult as often one cannot remember the exact file name. The file names in ‘Open’ are also often truncated and scrolling through hundreds of files starting with similar names a time consuming and occasionally impossible nightmare. Being able to search with one, or a few key words, would be huge improvement.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Excel for Apple IOS, when pinning files to the top of recent, some stay pinned others unpin themselves after opening and saving, files are s

Excel for Apple IOS, when pinning files to the top of recent, some stay pinned others unpin themselves after opening and saving, files are stored in the same folder.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add the ability to select multiple non-adjacent columns/rows/cells

Some kind of Ctrl + click that could select data in non-adjacent locations would be very convenient for moving data around in addition to building graphs.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. How supported? Your online help desk (2 minutes ago) said it is not supported on iPad.

Copy sheet 2 new workbook with formulas.
    How supported? Your online help desk (2 minutes ago) said it is not supported on iPad.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Abrir xlsm

Abrir arquivos xlsm, pelo menos abrir somente leitura

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base