Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mobile Devices, Tablets, Phones (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile)

Welcome to the Excel for Mobile Devices forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 開檔案好耐

係手機開個3MB 的file,load成20分鐘,有時甚至會死機唔郁,點解會咁慢?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Difference of 2 Values

In Status bar “Difference” could be seen as we can see min max sum etc. To see difference we have to do manual calculations every time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Can't download Office help files. My laptop has 500GB.I hiked into a national forest. Great peaceful day. Excel help files missing. *****

Please allow Office help files to be downloaded selectively to laptops. It appears you are focused on mobile devices with minuscule storage, so you prohibit downloads of help files. In the previous page, you don't even mention laptops!!! My laptop has 500GB of HDD storage, which is more than adequate. I AM ANGRY! YOU HAVE CRIPPLED MY OFFICE APPS!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product Setup and Activation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Include all the destop features. Such as to able to format graphs such as changing the range of the axis.

Include all the destop features. Such as to able to format graphs such as changing the range of the axis.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Teach sales and tech staff which office 365 versions needed for all functions to work on iPad Pro 10.5 upwards

Just spent over 2 hours online with both tech agents and sales agents neither of which could suggest which exact version of office 365 subscription would install full app version capabilities of iPad Pro 10.5.
    Insert data from picture feature being promoted since May 2019 would be good if it could be installed. Or your staff understood your software or hardware links. Instead of up selling a feature to an interested company they now believe it is more Microsoft vapourware rather than a real improvement for their situations

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Product Setup and Activation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Zoom Level on Open Workbook on iOS

With a Workbook on OneDrive and edited on both macOS and iOS (iPad & iPhone), opening the Workbook on iPad sets a ludicrous zoom level - far too big.

If you open a Workbook occasionally and work on it a lot then adjusting the zoom each time it's opened is not a big deal. But if you open a workbook every day or more often and just add a few values each time then every time adjusting the zoom level becomes a real nuisance (to the point where I've given up on Excel and moved to Apple apps - which…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Syncronicity

I create an interactive report from pivot table on my laptop. I saved it in One Drive and open the file by Excel App on my iPad. However, I cannot see my report correctly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Multi-colour in a grid in iPad excel

More familiar with the version in PC

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Fix Threaded comments, so they are compatible with older versions Excel

Since mobile version update to v2.21, if I insert a cell comment in the iPad version of Excel, it now generates a threaded comment, which is incompatible with older versions Excel, even gives the error on the iPhone Suggestion to use cell notes (as apposed to comment) does not work as you cannot do that in these mobile versions. see attached screen shot for error on iphone

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add Copy and Cut shortcuts to keyboard on iPad

Having Undo and Redo shortcuts on both the title bar and keyboard is redundant. Replace these on the keyboard to maximize screen real estate and improve editing efficiency.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 拡張子

拡張子 .xlsと.xlsxはどのように変えて保存するのですか?
    Excelのテンプレートで.xlsの形でメールするところがありまして……。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Full screen

There was a button to view the sheet in full screen on iPhone
    Please bring it back

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Could you add a maths calculator

So something that makes it easier to calculate insurance costs instead of having to go in and out of the app itself

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Freeze Formulas

This idea really belongs to the PC version, but it is made necessary by capacity limitations in the mobile app.
    I leave lots of complex formulas around, rather than replacing them with values, because I am thus able to retroactively implement improvements!
    My idea would be to block old data from recalculation, thus avoiding processor load but allowing them to be reactivated should changes be desirable.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. We need a way to change toolbars in Office 365 On an iPad!!!

Can you please add functionality to Office 365 that enables the user to change items on the ribbon?!

The lack of this capability is hugely disappointing and counterproductive.

Thank you!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Formatting as currency

When formatting a number as currency, we have to select desired symbol each and every time by scrolling through the huge list of currency symbols. Please add recently used symbols to the top of the list. Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base