Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mobile Devices, Tablets, Phones (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile)

Welcome to the Excel for Mobile Devices forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. i want to view 2 screens on my excel ipad

i want to view 2 screens on my excel ipad

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve date/time insertion

It would be great to have the same keyboard shortcuts for date/time insertion on Android as there are on the desktop (Ctrl + ; and Ctrl + Shift + ;). Additionally, it would be great to have date/time entry for cells similar to the Google Sheets date/time entry (using a native date picker / time picker instead of needing to manually type in the numbers).

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow some worksheet cells to be unprotected on a protected worksheet

Currently in windows excel on my laptop, I can create an excel worksheet that is protected and also select specific worksheet cells that are unprotected for editing. When I access this excel worksheet on my android, the entire worksheet is protected, however the cells that were unprotected during creation remain protected. I am trying to provide a worksheet that has several columns that should not be edited with 2 columns that can be edited during data entry.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Refresh external data source

I would like to refresh the data linked to an external data source. This has been mentioned on the microsoft forum but I see no uservoice request just yet.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_excel-mso_amobile/i-want-excel-facility-with-data-refresh-in-android/c6590e38-163c-4224-952c-1afafb8ded6a

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Office Apps for Android don't work.

Office Apps for Android (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote) don't work and keeps on stopping when I just start them. I have factory resetted the phone but to no avail. What's wrong?

Phone : Redmi 2
    Android version : 7.1.2

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. add CELL function

some functions are not working on the iPhone app since the most recent update. The CELL function and the FILENAME function no longer work with the most recent update. Please reinstate the functions that were dropped with the most recent update.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Android App

I cannot unprotect a file on my android phone to edit it's contents is extremely frustrating given I do not always have my laptop with to do so. Allowing an android user to unprotect sheets on the go to edit would be one of the greatest things you could update.

Thank You

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Drag and drop on ios11

Use drag and drop to import files and photos from other apps (including 3rd party and office apps)

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Fix the numeric keyboard for iPhone X

There is a small bug in the numeric keyboard in iOS. In iPhone X the keyboard is too close to the bottom of the screen. Almost 9 out of 10 times when I use it Excel is sent to the background by the bar in the middle. See the picture.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Enabling copying sheets from one one workbook to another with proper functionality

At the moment when you copy paste a sheet from workbook to another all the formuale are lost.

This is a big weekness compared to working within a windows environment. It effectively means that workbooks cannot be combined.

For example, if I have a standardised financial analysis worksheet that I want to add to a work book containing a financial model I would have to re-create the formulae each time.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Handling of decimal comma

When using a national version of Excel in places where the decimal delimiter is a comma, Excel is aware of it. On the PC version however, Excel is smart enough to recognize a "." in the middle of digits and take it as a decimal comma. On the Android version, it turns the data into text and keeps the ".", which is a pretty lame. This is important because the comma is only offered on the "special characters" keyboard requiring additional keyboard strokes to enter it, whereas the "." is always there.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Copy paste. Function on ipad

When I copy cells from one spreadsheet on iPad and paste those cells to another spreadsheet on the same iPad the pasted information is not copies correctly. The first screenshot attached I have copied cells H8 through H18. The second screenshot shows that information pasted to column DJ 6.. as you see the paste function has collapsed the cells with information and eliminated the cells that contained no information from the copied spreadsheet. HELP PLEASE. THANKS

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to Print and export PDF while offline

Microsoft online services seem to be a requirement since 2.0 and the on/off selection in settings does nothing.

Exporting PDFs and sharing them while offline is crucial, and previous versions had no problems with this at all.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Dear Microsoft, Please, no more with the default autosave in Office 365 Excel and Word! Please have default set to OFF and an option to sele

Dear Microsoft, Please, no more with the default autosave in Office 365 Excel and Word! Please have default set to OFF and an option to select it to autosave on. Please please! This is a daily hassle which we can do without. Please
    It seems to me to be a fix of something which worked perfectly well before and didn't need fixing. I can see that it may be useful in some circumstances, but to be on by default is an unnecessary interference with the way many people are working.
    If there was a setting in the options menu, that…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. sup

Hi
    I need help how to select the last number in colone

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ideas: THere are way too many suggestion boxes - simplify your suggestion process or else limit yourself to idiots that care to waste time.

The auto save is a real pain ********** and when calling up a previous document to edit and save as a different document, it writes over the previous document and auto saves , thereby ruining the previous document. A total pain ********** and a reason to use google docs.

Also- having 8+ different suggestion boxes is a real pain ********** and it makes it so I did not want to even add this to help, but I am sop ****** that I am working off my frustration with this piece of **** on your screen. Your company is not customer…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Auto refresh external data

I have created a very useful spreadsheet that auto-updates several cells from external data. Works perfectly on computer.

Can't see how to make it work on the Android version which makes this particular sheet useless in the field.
    Am I missing something? Or does update external data need to be tweaked in the Android version?
    Thanks for your time,
    Gary D

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add the ability to select multiple non-adjacent columns/rows/cells

Some kind of Ctrl + click that could select data in non-adjacent locations would be very convenient for moving data around in addition to building graphs.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Iteration

In my case I want to be able to enter a number in one cell, then use this number in a formula and let the result only have two numbers behind the comma. In order to use the „round formula“ in the same box as the „sum formula“, the Iteration option is needed.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base