Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mobile Devices, Tablets, Phones (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile)

Welcome to the Excel for Mobile Devices forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Excel for Mobile Devices

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 20 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Please can we have a fully functioning Chromebook specific version android app for Office 365 subscribers? Pleeeeaaassseee!

Chromebooks are now a common replacement for productivity ultraportable laptops. The only reason I paid for a 365 subscription was because the Excel app said I needed one for it to function correctly. What it failed to mention was that the android apps have limited funtionality! I think fully functioning android version of the Office suite would be much appreciated and standalone fully functioning paid apps for mobile devices and tablets would make great business sense as most poeple wouldnt use the whole Office suite anyway, but would have the option to pick and choose. I think it would make…

2 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

• HomeCareLLC

Sophomore women can save us!!!

1 vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Excel should handle larger spreadsheet

My 1,061 kB single sheet with 2680 rows and 128 columns does not open.

1 vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Excel cursor after entering data with the “return” key

In Excel on an iPad, after entering data (either a label or numeric) in a cell and touching the “return” key, the cursor goes down one cell. An answer to my post on the Microsoft Community site yielded an answer that a setting is not currently available to turn off this feature of dropping down one cell. In the computer version of Excel, such action is an option, so one can also have the program leave the cursor in the same cell after entering data with the “return” key. So my suggestion is that the settings should include the 2…

3 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• reinstate the scroll buttons - these had been added earlier on, and then they are removed recentely.

Reinstate the scroll buttons - these had been added earlier on, and, strange enough, they are removed recently.

1 vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Full version for iPad (Pro at LEAST)

I got an iPad pro to use for school and it's very frustrating to have limited graphing capabilities. I bought Office 365 and would want full access everywhere.

16 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Save space with a Microsoft Office app?

I've noticed that each of the apps for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are quite large. They are also independent.

I'm not sure if this would lead to any improvement, but perhaps we could have a Microsoft Office app. Then get the individual components of Microsoft Office through in-app downloads. This way, any features that are common between the components can now be shared in this single app, which should save space.

0 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base