Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mobile Devices, Tablets, Phones (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile)

Welcome to the Excel for Mobile Devices forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve Excel for Mobile Devices

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow for two documents to be open at the same time.

Allow for two documents to be open at the same time.

200 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

16 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Full screen

There was a button to view the sheet in full screen on iPhone
    Please bring it back

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Addition of more shortcuts while using a Bluetooth Keyboard

When I use Excel on PC or Mac, I barely touch the mouse/trackpad, as the shortcuts are plenty and relevant. However, when I’m working on the iPad, there is a severe lack of shortcuts. I use a bluetooth keyboard with my iPad, and besides a few extremely basic shortcuts, it lacks even the essential shortcuts. I can’t even switch between sheets, or use the paste special option, etc. from the keyboard. Please consider providing more shortcuts to be used on an external keyboard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Jump to last/first row

I want to use Excel for Android to view/edit lists, e.g. history of repairs of the car, history of events regarding the house, ...

When I add new entries at the end, I always need to go to the last row. On Android it seems that you need to scroll to the last row manually. There is no automatic way to jump to the last row.

So I would appreciate when a simple way to jump to the first/last row will be implemented.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Open csv files on Andoriod / ios

Need To open the CSV files through Excel APP

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Excel IPad - Keyboard shortcut to switch sheets (tabs)

Create a keyboard shortcut to be able to switch between active sheets (tabs).

It's very useful and simple to implement, just to add a shortcut that is already available for Windows Users (ctrl + page up/down). Since IOS keyboards doesn't have page up/down keys, you just need to change this combination to another equivalent key combo like “ctrl + arrow key” (for example).

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add cell notes to phone versions so that comments can be displayed by hover in older versions of Excel on PC's.

Same as other suggestions. I just added a reason, that the hover function in Exce 2013 displays the message: "Your version of Excel allows you to read this." instead of the actual text of the comment. To view and edit a coment on the PC, you have to use the right click menu, which is slow and inconvenient.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Sticky Note under Info screen of 'File'

…to replace the comments section which is too small and not all that functional.

Disclaimer: I often digress in utter excitement, bear with me.

This section could include notes to oneself when drafting, editing, or sharing documents in school or at work. It transcends the type of program being used. I am a Food Scientist analyzing cook time and initial moisture over various time periods and weather patterns by use of Pivot Tables. I’ve made some great progress on my spreadsheet, but now that I’m winding down at home for the night, I’d like to jot down a few final…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. How can I change sheets on my iPhone?

I can not switch between sheets on my iPhone mobile app of Excel.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. i want to view 2 screens on my excel ipad

i want to view 2 screens on my excel ipad

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Quick scrolling on Excel and Word

I use very large files on Excel because I am importing data from government sources.
    On Windows/Mac, there are scroll bars for navigation.
    The data can have hundreds of thousands of rows. is there some method to quickly navigate these files on IOS, like a way to turn on scroll bars/ hidden gestures,etc? using swiping is of course, ludicrous on large files like these! Excel for IOS importa the dataeffortlessly, but I cant move around quickly (I cannot swipethrough a 50,000 record file!)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Excel is inaccessible for VoiceOver users after the April 11th update

I am a VoiceOver user and usually use Excel for the desktop. Occasionally, I have to take my worksheets on the road and need to edit them. I went on a trip to New Orleans from February 12 to February 22. During my trip, I could navigate around my worksheets and edit the cells. After the April 11 update, I tried to take an excel spreadsheet on the road but couldn't navigate the spreadsheet or edit the cells. Proper regression testing would have caught this problem. Please fix it hopefully in the next update.
    Thanks so much.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make Excel UI more like Numbers UI: more touch friendly

Excel feels too much like a Windows port with a few touch-friendly additions. Compare this to Numbers, which feels like a first-class citizen on iOS.

Two examples:
    1. Showing which cells are in a formula
    - in Numbers, if you tap a cell with a formula, it always shows immediately in colors which cells are in the formula. The keyboard does not pop up yet until you exit the cell
    - in Excel, to see which cells are in a formula, you need to double tap to edit it. The virtual keyboard pops up obscuring half the screen and often…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Hardware keyboard scroll buttons

If you have a hardware keyboard connected, Excel needs keyboard shortcuts to quickly move up or down a number of rows or left or right a number of columns.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base