Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mobile Devices, Tablets, Phones (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile)

Welcome to the Excel for Mobile Devices forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Full desktop class for Excel on iPad please

iPad Pro has become a very powerful piece of hardware. The recent iPadOS has also bring it closer to become a real laptop replacement. I'm one of Office 365 users and I'm using both my Windows desktop/laptop and my iPad Pro during travelling as it's easy to bring along with long battery lasting. I'm an Accountant, so most of my tasks involves with Excel, and Excel on iPad sucks, it lacks so many features and we cannot even open multi instances of Excel even on the newly released iPadOS. iPadOS now has desktop class Safari browser, it would be really…

195 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

12 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fill Equations Down Columns on iPad

With mouse support now on iPad, it’d be helpful to allow double-clicking the bottom-right corner of cells to fill equations down columns.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Excel for Chromebooks

I'm currently in a stats class that requires the use of Excel and the Analysis ToolPak add-on. After trying to use the Google Sheets alternative to no avail, I found that I still had a Microsoft Office 365 account through a previous school. However, there are still many insufficiencies with Excel on the Chromebook, even preventing me from adding the ToolPak or making any specific alterations to graphs/charts. I do not have regular access to PCs or MACs (it did not work for an iPad as well) so I am unsure of how well work will be performed for present…

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Stockhistory lookup function

Stockhistory lookup function is available in beta release (insider) for excel (desktop version) and with time it will be integrated into official excel release (desktop version). I would request you to please integrate the Stockhistory lookup function also for excel (ipadOS). This will benefit the users and excel itself in terms of uniform functionalities along different ecosystems.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Must include desktop functions for utilizing powerful android mobiles

The owner android version of excel is useful only for basic excel needs. Whereas to utilize the highly powerful android phones of today it must include functions - pivot table/charts, goal seek, lookups from separate workbooks, macros, text to columns, remove duplicates, conditional formatting, various file saving formats, all paste options etc.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Password or Touch ID for Excel necessary

In iPhone Password or Touch ID for Excel necessary like in onedrive. Otherwise password is useless for onedrive parallel to Excel

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Android Office

The excel worksheet tab was gone. Could not show all worksheets vertically.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Lingua inglese

Nelle più recenti versioni di Excel sono stati tradotti i nomi delle funzioni ma non c’è una vera corrispondenza tra il nome in lingua originale (inglese) e quello in italiano. Chi conosce Excel in inglese si trova in difficoltà ad utilizzare la versione italiano, perdendo tempo a controllare le traduzioni delle funzioni. Dovrebbe essere possibile cambiare l’impostazione della lingua dell’applicazione senza cambiare lingua del sistema operativo

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add to the contents in another cell

If there is a cell, say a1 for example, which has a value of 5 in it, you should be able to add the value in a1 to another cell, say b6, which currently has 5 in it, to give b6 with a value of 5+5=10.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. PLEASE ADD ABSOLUTE REFERENCE KEYBOARD SHORTCUT

Such as your Command + 2 keyboard shortcut to edit a cell, WHY don’t you PLEASE add Command + 4 to toggle absolute references. This was a shortcut already supported previously, so why is it not working anymore!?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. In Excel for Android, cell("address") function include sheet name, not just column & row information.

I want to get a value of a cell, that i typed it in another sheet

example :
    =IFERROR(IF(AND(MID(CELL("address");SEARCH("]";CELL("address"))+1;14)="Mutasi_Gdg!$D$";CELL("contents")<>0);CELL("contents");"");"")

This formula work in my PC with (Windows OS), but doesn't work in my Smartphone with (Android OS),
    Because function CELL("address") in Excel for Android, only return Column & Row information, but i need sheet name information too

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Somatório de celulas

Ao selecionar diversas células aparecer o somatório na barra abaixo das planilhas.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Poubelle

Pour que je puisse récupérer un dossier dans Excel
    Merci

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Alle toepassingen toevoegen ook voor iphone en tablet. Waardeloos dat dit nog niet kan!

Alle toepassingen toevoegen ook voor iphone en tablet. Waardeloos dat dit nog niet kan!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Repeat previous function

Desktop Excel provides the F4 key to repeat the last function. So if I had just Inserted a new row, I can press F4 to add another new row.
    This would be a nice function to add to the Mobile version.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Blokowanie wybranych komórek w wysyłanym pliku.

Bardzo przydatna byłaby mi funkcja która umożliwiłaby zablokowanie wybranych prze zemnie komórek. Tak aby odbiorca mógł edytować tylko wybrane komórki. Dzięki, pozdrawiam.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Plese improve the ASC and JIS functions

Please improve the ASC and JIS functions so that:
    they can apply to:
    - only romajis,
    - only katakanas,
    - both of them
    For instance, this could be like:
    - ASC(Text,-1) / JIS(Text, -1) would apply only to romajis
    - ASC(Text,1) / JIS(Text,1) would apply to katakanas only
    - ASC(Text,0) / ASC(Text) / JIS(Text,0) / JIS(Text) would apply to both, just as the present versions.

This would be very helpful for a variety of usages.
    The main usage would be to force romajis to single-byte while forcing kanas to double-byte.
    In fact, in many cases, ones would prefer transform only…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hyperlink function doesn’t work

Why have the developers created a version of excel for the ipad with buttons and functions for using the hyperlink function, when they don’t actually work. Surely that functionality should have been tested before release, otherwise why have the function there. Please can you make it available as soon as possible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Drop Down Lists with more than 15 Characters

Drop Down Lists with more than 15 Characters

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base