Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mobile Devices, Tablets, Phones (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile)

Welcome to the Excel for Mobile Devices forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please add ownCloud support. It seems just about every cloud service is supported except the one we and our clients rely on.

ownCloud support is desperately needed. Should have been there from day one. We avoid using Office apps because doing so blows up our workflows.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. To be able to clear Al workbooks previously open or edited

It would be amazing if we could clear all recents from excel. There so much data there that is utterly useless after I have seen/edited the file.

Beeing able to select all, or one by one would be a plus!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Save favorite

Hello,

A Features which should be included is favorites. There should be a way to mark a excel file as favorite. When doing that you view a favorite quickly and easily from a section call favorite.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Include among the file positions also “iCloud” because we are using the IOS version of Excel

Due to the fact that we subscribe to the IOS version of Excel it should be normal to open file saved on iCloud while the Apple service is not included and cannot be added.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I’d like the ability to create folders on an iPad, not just on OneDrive.

I’d like the ability to create folders on an iPad, not just on OneDrive. As it stands now, files created or saved on the iPad are put in one giant list. It would be great if I could create a folder called Work and another folder called School to keep files separated for quicker location. Excel works great on my iPad! Having the ability to separate my files in their own folder would make the App even better!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 開檔案好耐

係手機開個3MB 的file,load成20分鐘,有時甚至會死機唔郁,點解會咁慢?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Zoom Level on Open Workbook on iOS

With a Workbook on OneDrive and edited on both macOS and iOS (iPad & iPhone), opening the Workbook on iPad sets a ludicrous zoom level - far too big.

If you open a Workbook occasionally and work on it a lot then adjusting the zoom each time it's opened is not a big deal. But if you open a workbook every day or more often and just add a few values each time then every time adjusting the zoom level becomes a real nuisance (to the point where I've given up on Excel and moved to Apple apps - which…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Fingerprint unlock password protected spreadsheets

Enable users to store passwords to their spreadsheets securely in Excel app and unlock files using fingerprint scanner / retina scanner / face recognition depending on their smartphone / tablet specs.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. saving excel files in other formats?????

Please, i have an iPad "Pro" and i cannot save a file as a .csv. I cannot understand how this is not possible. This is basic functionality for any science/engineering application. Basically it means that without this, mobile Excel is not a solution i can adopt.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Not to save by default when opening files

Not to save by default when opening files As it is usual to open and perform no edit but to update the file modification date without sense as no change was made

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Integrate with Procore as a “place” to open and save documents

Procore is a leading construction project management tool. It would greatly increase our teams’ ability to work with Office 365 documents if they could open AND save files back to Procore from their iOS devices.
    https://feedback.procore.com/forums/183340-customer-feedback-for-procore-technologies-inc/suggestions/37535908-open-office-open-and-save-back-office-365-document

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Include among the storage services iCloud

Due to the fact that we are using Excel per iPad we should be able to access files stored on iCloud which is the default service for Apple’s users

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Storage usage limits for mobile app file cache/downloads

An optional limit to the amount of storage used by the mobile apps to download recently used files. Otherwise a limit to the number of files cached in this manner based on how recently they were used or a limit on how long it keeps them on the mobile device.

This would allow users to save space on the mobile device. Keeping only documents they expect to use easily accessible.
    Along with a keep on device setting for important files to provide users control over this functionality.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Show better information in File listing on open

I have stored wbks in iCloud as .xlsm and then found that Macros don’t work. So I stored them again as.xlsx. However, when I come to clear out unusable stuff it is impossible to identify which is which. File suffix, creation date should all be shown.
    Also when I want to save iCoud files on my iPad (so that I can always go back to my original when the local version gets messed up) it is not evident where to find my local storage - of course it is in there but under PUBLIC! That is not obvious and the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. saving excel files in other formats?????

Please, i have an iPad "Pro" and i cannot save a file as a .csv. I cannot understand how this is not possible. This is basic functionality for any science/engineering application. Basically it means that without this, mobile Excel is not a solution i can adopt.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 能不能不每次启动默认打开上次的文件 烦都烦死了。

能不能不每次启动默认打开上次的文件 烦都烦死了。

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Need to work on files when I'm offline

There are times when I need to work on files and do not have Internet connections to sign-in and be able to edit and save the file. This seems so necessary for people who are on the road, traveling, and on vacation without their Internet hookup. When I can't open and work on and save files, Office 365 is useless and I'll find an alternative. Let me work on it and then upload when I get home to replace the old one. Gove me the option to select certain files to work when I'm offline,

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add ability to open .csv files in Excel Android

Add ability to open .csv file in Excel Android

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base