Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mobile Devices, Tablets, Phones (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Excel for Mobile Devices forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to permanently turn off AutoSave

Please introduce an option to turn off AutoSave feature on Excel for iOS. Very often after opening a file on my iPhone and leave it as is without exiting or quitting Excel, later edits of the same file on my Mac gets nullified immediately after reopening Excel on iOS with the same file still open due to the AutoSave feature. This has cause precious data lost over time.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. google drive

This doesn't need a lot of words I guess. I am using Google Drive for cloud services and MS Office for Android App is not sync with this service. As this is a very popular service, I 'd be a great value to add it.

Thank you

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. We don’t see if the file is marked by sensitivity labels or not in Excel for mobile

If you try to see files which are encrypted with sensitivity labels in Excel for mobile, you don’t if its marked with sensitivity labels or not. This is inconvenient, please improve this.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Password Protection for Excel on iPad

Would be nice to encrypt sensitive documents/excel sheets in the mobile app. Would save time then waiting to get to a desktop.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add Google Drive as an option for storage.

Pretty self explanatory, add another option for storage.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. xltx to xlsx conversion on an ipad pro

A template*.xltx excel file stored on Onedrive, when edited and "save a copy" is selected, the file saves as an *.xlsx file, but cannot be opened by either the ipad or alternative PC once the file is closed. The file appears to be corrupted.
    Can this be fixed?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ipad should be able to handle excel csv files.

Ipad should be able to handle excel csv files

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Need a tab for “Clear recent files list”

Removing items from the recent files one by one is time consuming and inefficient. A select multiple or clear all option would be convenient.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Personal vault document

I am unable to see my personal vault in One Drive from the Excel IPad app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Enable saving a file with password protection in android from mobile device

Currently when I save a new excel sheet, there is no way to save it with password protection. also we need ability to open a regular file without password and add password protection to it from mobile android platform.

Android is a bigger market than iOS, so please prioritize this more than iOS features.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Access to templates on iOS devices

Enable the Office templates to be accessible from iOS devices, as like they are from a PC. I use Office on my laptop, and have Word, Excel, and Note installed on my iPad. It would be nice to be able to work backwards and forwards between platforms from start to finish. At the moment, I am unable to access the templates I can get on my laptop, on my iPad.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Encrypt with Password Protect

Password Protection and Encrypt Option on excel app please
    ❤️

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Password protect files on iPad

Allow password protection option for documents saved on iPad

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. view, open & share the excel created from excel app through ipad file manager?

is that possible view, open & share the excel created from excel app through ipad file manager? life is more easy if we can organise our file and folder in on file

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Pinned files sortable, and separated from recent files

Pinned files on the home page should be sortable, and stay in order. They are better separated from the other ‘recent’ files, as in the previous version

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Retrieve recently deleted files

I would like to be able to recover recently deleted workbooks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Kopf- und Fußzeile

Ich brauche für die Schule eine Kopf- und Fußzeile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base