Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Mobile Devices

Ability for multiple selection of cells

Ability to select more than one cell at a time as in computer by pressing the Ctrl button and selecting different cells.

13 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ehab Ali shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Thomas Failor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't know if this feature works yet in iOS, but I couldn't wait, ditched my iPad and my Mac and bought a Thinkpad. Valiant effort but if you can't build a graph out of non-adjacent cells, I just can't use the app. Maybe Microsoft just didn't think people would be doing that on the train, but I do.

• Ricardo Santos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Frequently, I need to edit gigantic tables on excel and I need to delete multiple lines. As in Ipad Pro you cannot select lines at the same time I have to delete them one by one. It is not practical at all!!!!!!! I don’t want to go back to my desktop’s excel again, please!!!!!!!

• tfailor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It didn't work on my iPad Air 2, and I grew tired of the limitations of Excel in iOS and bought a Windows laptop instead. Full blown office is just much better for what I need to do.

• tfailor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to conduct a non-contiguous select makes using charts much easier, for now I have to create the spreadsheet, sync it to OneDrive and then drag it down to my iPad for the graph to work correctly. This would hold true with several types of formulas. Probably my number one gripe with Excel for iOS.

Feedback and Knowledge Base