Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Mobile Devices

Password protection of spreadsheet

I just posted this question to Microsoft forums and found out that this feature is still not functional in Excel for iOS:
I'm using Excel on an iPad Pro and would just tried to find a way to password protect a spreadsheet I'm saving to OneDrive. Searching the general web and these forums didn't readily surface an answer. I've seen old responses indicating that it wasn't possible to password protect a single sheet in 2014; however, I'd be surprised if it's not even possible to password protect an entire spreadsheet in the latest version of Excel for iOS.

33 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • tcb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

2019 and this problem still exists ! COME ON PEOPLE this requires a solution

• Lyd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

May 2019 and the password protection feature is still not available for Excel mobile!
    Unbelievable

• G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Use Numbers or a 3rd party Office until this issue is resolved. Not being able to protect sensitive info in 2018 is unacceptable, given all the hacking / data breaches going around.

• Eduardo Santos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Incredible that this does not exist. Incredible that we are shoved to User Forums where venting is the only recourse.

Feedback and Knowledge Base