Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Mobile Devices

Ability to Print and export PDF while offline

Microsoft online services seem to be a requirement since 2.0 and the on/off selection in settings does nothing.

Exporting PDFs and sharing them while offline is crucial, and previous versions had no problems with this at all.

29 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sam shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • MH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My company uses excel in remote camps with no internet access and the fact that we cannot print while offline from ipads/phones/tablets is a dealbreaker for us. Bring back this feature and you have our business.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Off line printing is crucial for organisations such as the NHS where "printing" via an on-line service is not an option due to IG. This really is a backwards step and is forcing us to use/look at alternative apps.

I am about ready to cancel my Office 365 subscription, as wireless airprinting was the main reason I signed up for my delivery business. It worked just fine for the past two years.

• Adam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am unable to print offline, as my company tablet does not have internet access external and this makes working that bit more difficult.Please come up with a solution.

My company also uses Ipads offline . We will have to use another app if we can not print offline.

I have the same problem: I cannot print from Excel while being offline.
    It is also crucial for my workflow.
    Please put back the feature !

Feedback and Knowledge Base