Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Mobile Devices

Excel with macro (and VBA) on Tablet and Mobile

we need (I'm not alone!!) as soon possible the possibility to use Excel with macro (and VBA) on Tablet and Mobile

231 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Fabio shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

65 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ron B. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don’t need to be able to write VBA or macros on my mobile device, but I would like a macro-enabled workbook to open and run macros which were created on the full desktop version. This would facilitate use of mobile devices as full featured interfaces without requiring coding a full copy of Excel on the phone or tablet.

• Donald Hemmerling commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without the ability to use form controls on my Android is a bit inconvenient. I am surprised with all this technology we are still limited in using basic functions. With this inability I have to remember to not forget to make the adjustments when I get back to the office.

• Elena commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, excel with macro and vba. Spent forever creating forms for my field techs to use only to find out its useless cuz they cant use them on their mobile devices, phone or tablet...fail for Microsoft. Ill be looking into other programs which will offer what I need.

• Giovanni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we need (I'm not alone!!) as soon possible the possibility to use Excel with macro (and VBA) on Tablet and Mobile

• Alex rocketwaveuk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if they want excel to survive in the market then a generic version for mobiles is needed , so why dont microsoft just make them built in function by asking the community what they require and then make a mobile version with the ones that they feel are appropriate and do not cause any conflicts with security .
    an example :-
    an "array loop button"
    (that would allow you to loop through a set of cells with functions)
    you could set the array say b7, b12 then set a loop counter and then a exit cell with true or false function ,
    this could update these affected cells without a sheet calculation if needed.
    im sure everyone could give ideas for new built in functions so let list them for microsoft .

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can’t Microsoft make a tablet that specifically solves this problem for those of us just needing to have a portable excel option?

it's gonna be a whole lot limited because imagine you have a macro that would print a specific area. your phone is not gonna know what a printer even is, or be able to have the same language a computer speaks to the printer anyway. maybe if it were a true windows phone, like some of those tablets out there.

• Alex rocketwaveuk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

they ask for suggestions, and this is the most asked for update, so why have microsoft not replied or given a good reason that this cannot be done ? they could even ask what features of a limited vba or macro would be an advantage to have , for me buttons and next loops to manipulate cell values ... what your thoughts and ideas , i think vba access outside of excel will never happen for security reasons ?

• Adithya commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You recommended we goto Android to get the best experience of Microsoft on mobile. This is so not true. These features are pretty basic in my mind. I mean all I'm trying to do is click a check box on a Exel file, and this is not possible??? This is so important for my work. I thought this was because I had a free version, but even paying for office 365 doesn't make a difference. This is basic stuff for mobile productivity. Microsoft you are seriously dropping the ball here.

• R. G. Livesey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use VBA a lot usually for my own functions so microsoft adding functions to excel would not help. Need VBA.

Of course just a bunch of childish excuses prevent to Microsoft to explain us why they don't want us to have VBA on mobile devices. The real reason is only one:

MARKETING!

It happens all the times, companies removes feautures to their products to push us to buy what they want sell us.

• Michael O'Connor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Devastated Excel won't run macros on my 10" Windows tablet!!
    I bought it specifically because the 'word out there' was Excel won't run VBA on anything smaller.
    Spent an age working on my desktop to develop a really useful time saving application only to find that when I moved to my Windows 10 tablet PC it refuses to run.
    Come on Microsoft! please!!! So frustrating - I'll have to re-write the whole thing in Java now - what a waste of precious time. :(

If there is now Excel Mobile Desktop app why not implement vba support? Voting for support of this request.

I use Android on a 10" screen.

My Excel workbook using VBA on a PC creates files for use with a browser. So the feature is not just a matter on enhancing functions.

As I am away from my PC for weeks at a time I need the ability to run VBA (or whatever) in a workbook on both PC and Android tablet.

I vote in support of the request.

• Scalle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've made a template filled with macro's, working just fine on a tablet (Windows)... It works as wanted, just lacks some speed when the connection with the server has to be made...
    Then again the tablet isn't the best available (3go)... But yes, it would make everything lot's better if the same template could work with Android.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base