Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Mobile Devices

XLS Files opened on iPad should be exportable to CSV format

Believe it or not, some companies are attempting to standardize on Apple iPads as the business tool for their external employees. I'm working with a company that has $45Billion+ in sales; 155,000 Employees.

I work for a technology company with $800Million in sales and 3,000 employees.

One application would be optimally serviced by the ability to open an Excel file, with drop down lists, on an Apple iPad and once the file data is customized by the remote employee, I would need to have them save the edited file to a .CSV file to import into a webpage that has a Database back end. It would appear that Microsoft did not incorporate the ability to 'Save As - .CSV' in Office 365 on an iPad.

This is really a HUGE oversight for Microsoft for companies that use Excel as a data manipulation tool for Database entry. CSV files are supported by more applications than .XLS files.

16 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Erik S. shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be done. Period. Add all export formats (including different delimiters) that Windows Excel supports.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am trying now to import a list from office 365 on my ipad into a mail chimp list and it only offers my export as .ods file. How do I import it in a format for mail chimp? Surely this has been resolved now by microsoft?

Feedback and Knowledge Base