Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve Excel for Mobile Devices

Enable form controls

Enabling form controls would allow iOS users to use buttons to enter information with a touch rather than having to type entries.

I'm imagining the power of being able to use the increment buttons, or radio toggles to collect data to quickly.

Even better would be coming up with cell formats that would accept that sort of input directly, without having to setup up the form controls. Imagine a checkbox format, or a counter format with Increment buttons.

73 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, without the use of forms and macros for ipad excel, I have to steer all of my clients completely away from using apple products.

How about just being able to run a button based macro to make a sheet visible, copy the sheet to sheet(2) and hide the original default unaltered sheet again.
    It's 3 lines of VBA!

**** Excel Moble, just run full Excel in a isolated VM. With network access to "external" directories (examples: user files on device, dropbox, Drive, mediafire, github, etc.)

• 'Nic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So Excel is great for data entry with its Form button, except when you want to work on an iPhone or iPad. Why oh why is this simple feature unavailable. OK, so it would be great with full-blown controls, but even the very simplest method is missing.

My original problem is helping Joe Public when entering new records. It's tricky on a PC, but resolved with the Form button. It is far harder on an iPhone with its necessarily restrictive user interface.

Go on, please add even the simplest Form function to the mobile Excel apps.

• victor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still no spin button function for IOS :-( C'mon guys, what is the holdup with this useful/necessary function?

• Sakellarios commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I spent a month writing a tally program with the spanner button controls that was to be used on a tablet with a Bluetooth mouse to (in yard) tally lumber packs, to end up dragging the laptop around because form controls don't work on the tablet what a waste of time.

• Danielle Sikorski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I only downloaded the app to use form controls for work. I don’t have a regular pc—-only an iPad. It’s frustrating bc I have NO WAY to get my work done now other than purchasing a computer. My iPad has been perfect for everything up until now

• Stephan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The fact that it is 2018 now and this STILL isn't a feature that is useable is absolutely ridiculous. Quit hanging around with a finger in your *** and add features customers actually want/NEED!! Form controls not being available on a mobile device (WHICH ARE USED EVERYWHERE THESE DAYS!!) is mind blowingly stupid.

Right now, this would be the only downside working with an iPad vs a laptop in my opinion. Yes some compare features would also be nice, but are not essential in a way these form controls are blocking usage of files made by industry partners.

• Matthew Olsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I understand that opening form controls was just added, though it makes the form controls non-functional. The next step is enabling their use.

Simple form controls (like the spin button) are fantastic for touchscreen devices, as they can allow cell modification without typing and don't require macros.

YES! This would be great, and I would use it for custom job site reports (ie construction, engineering, etc.)

Feedback and Knowledge Base