Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mobile Devices, Tablets, Phones (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile)

Welcome to the Excel for Mobile Devices forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Offline Access

Allow to open files while offline. Not everyone has a plan and some plans do not have universal coverage. We already paid for Excel so why have to pay for airtime to open a file.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great news -

Excel for Android can open XLSX, XLSM, and XLSB files that are stored locally on your device already! We can also open these files when they are stored in O365, OneDrive.com, and DropBox, as well as XLS files stored in those locations.

Cheers,
    Dan [MS]

2. Take picture and insert/link into sheet on the fly

I was once asked to make/find the following app: allow a person to input data and have calculated results appear instantly AND be able to easily take pictures and link them to the data on the fly. I never made/found such an app. Fortunately, Excel for the iPhone satisfies the first condition.

The person using the app is checking equipment, so they enter data and take a picture and move on to the next equipment. It is impractical to import all of the pictures afterwards, since they all have similar default names, so you have to check each picture for…

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for sharing your recommendation! Inserting a picture into a spreadsheet from your mobile device camera is already supported.

With Excel open on your device…
    Insert > Picture > Camera

There’s also a feature that allows you to take a picture of data and have excel convert it to usable spreadsheet content. Learn more here:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/insert-data-from-picture-3c1bb58d-2c59-4bc0-b04a-a671a6868fd7

Based on the comments, here are some related features people may want to vote for and follow.
    - Images in cells
    https://excel.uservoice.com/forums/304921-excel-for-windows-desktop-application/suggestions/12839451-i-need-to-be-able-to-include-an-image-picture-grap

- Images in cell comments
    https://excel.uservoice.com/forums/304921-excel-for-windows-desktop-application/suggestions/32834689-insertion-of-a-picture-in-a-cell-comment-box

Hope that helps!
    Johnnie, Excel PM

3. The same "Ribbon" in Office For Android products

I know that there is not as much "real estate" available on the screen of an android device as there is on a desktop screen, but I would like to see the same "Ribbon" (or as close as practicable anyway) on Office For Android products as there is on the Office for Desktop products.ALL of the Office products SHOULD have the SAME user Interface ... or as close as is possible

If you need an example, look at the "Home" menu for both Microsoft Excel for Android and OfficeSuite Pro by Mobi Systems. OfficeSuite Pro has nearly the same Ribbon…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Excel for Android already has a Ribbon with similar tabs to those in Desktop Excel.

On a phone, the Ribbon is called a “Pallet” and can be shown by tapping on the “A/Pencil” icon in the toolbar at the top of the app.

Cheers,
    Dan [MS]

4. Allow copy/paste of formulas not just content

Allow for Paste Options/Special so that we can copy/paste formulas not just content

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Close workbook without saving

Provide a method to close a workbook without saving it.

In other words, what I want is the equivalent to the following actions on a Windows PC

Open workbook

Make a change
    Ctrl-F4 to close the workbook
    Get prompt - Save / Don't Save / Cancel
    Respond Don't Save

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This functionality is already supported by turning off AutoSave in the settings pane. Then, Save is a manual operation, and you can choose to not save when you close a file.

Cheers,
    Dan [MS]

6. Option to combine rows

It would be great have this option to combine rows

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Back arrow

I am not very familiar with Excel for my IPHONE yet. A back arrow would make manipulation easier for me. But maybe I just need to become more familiar with the program. I use an Android tablet and phone at work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

There is already a back arrow in iOS Excel – it is in the upper left corner of the app, and takes you to the “Backstage” where you can create new spreadsheets, open existing ones, etc.

Cheers,
    Dan [MS]

8. For multiple tab spreadsheets: let them work in iPad

An Excel multi-tab spreadsheet should be able to run, without modification, on an iPad.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Drag line or column to move it

Currently you need to copy, cut and paste a line to move it around the sheet. It would be much better if you could tried a line to move it around the sheet In order to reorganise data, exactly as per functionality in Smartsheet.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Power BI for apple watch os

Power bi for a wearable will conserve time and increase productivity and reduces time .

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Find and Replace

Find and replace just like Word mobile should be simple, no? I hate having to go back and forth between Word mobile to do the simplest procedure.

Thanks tons!

PS. any idea when this will be implemented?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. We need English UK date format 02/12/2015 ?

We need English UK date format 02/12/2015 ?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base