Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mobile Devices, Tablets, Phones (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile)

Welcome to the Excel for Mobile Devices forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. XLS Files opened on iPad should be exportable to CSV format

Believe it or not, some companies are attempting to standardize on Apple iPads as the business tool for their external employees. I'm working with a company that has $45Billion+ in sales; 155,000 Employees.

I work for a technology company with $800Million in sales and 3,000 employees.

One application would be optimally serviced by the ability to open an Excel file, with drop down lists, on an Apple iPad and once the file data is customized by the remote employee, I would need to have them save the edited file to a .CSV file to import into a webpage that has…

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Filter colums

Please add ability to filter on "Begins with..." or "Contains..." in columns of the Excel mobile app. Extremely helpful for lookup actions in long spreadsheets.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. equation of linear trendline on ipad

On a PC, I can make an XY scatterplot, and get a trendline, and get the equation and R squared value. But on an ipad, I cannot get the equation of the line. I have a lab exercise with my college students that requires them to make a scatterplot, and then use the equation of the line to predict Y values given an X value, or vice versa. Our college just purchased new ipads for all students, so I was very disappointed they cannot use their new ipads for this exercise.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Conditional formatting

I have a spreadsheet which I set up in Office using some Conditional Formatting relating to the date today. I had used a custom setting which when viewed on Office 365 on iPad displayed perfectly. After the latest excel update on iPad the custom setting no longer works. When I changed the setting to one of the defaults it worked perfectly again. So there seems to be a problem after the latest update.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add "open in" functionality

Add "Open In" functionality to Excel for iOS (and Word and PowerPoint). This would allow the user to open an Excel file in other applications.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Edit source data for charts

It would be nice if there is an easier way to add column and row headers to a chart. Currently there is no choice, unless you organize your data such that the intended headers are immediately adjacent to the data

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the great feedback. We’ll definitely consider this in the next round of features for the iPad/iPhone. Please continue to vote on this feature idea which will increase its likelihood of getting in the product.

1/26/17
    This feature request is still on our backlog but there is nothing we can commit to at this time.

Thanks,
    Scott [MSFT]

7. Dark mode

Please add dark mode for iOS, iPad OS and macOS!

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Could we see “inserting data sheet from picture on iOS Excel please?

Could we see “inserting data sheet from picture on iOS Excel please?

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Selecting Non-Adjacent Cells

I'm not able to select non-adjacent cells in Excel on the iPad Pro. That means that I can;t selectively apply formulas or build charts with data from non-adjacent columns. It's an absurd thing not to be able to do. Under any other circumstances this would be a matter fo just hitting the Ctrl button. You all need to fix this immediately, I feel like I've been sold something non-functional.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Expand Drop-down Lists to Show Full Text on iPad App.

Drop-down lists on iPad version of Excel are shown in a fixed size area. If text for each selection is larger than that area, string is cut off with three dots in the end. It would be better to have a drop-down with flexible size so that all text can be seen for each element in list.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add Page Layout

Please add Page Layout w/the accompanying sub-menus: insert headers/footers, fit to one page, etc. I no longer use a PC/laptop, I only use my iPad Pro w/my Office apps. It’s annoying not having the features I’m accustomed to using on Excel. If I could have chosen Printing & Formatting I would have.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Data Validation in Excel Android

Good afternoon! We would like the Data Validation Tool to be available. I miss this tool in Excel, so I have to use other means and other applications to do my tasks. It would be great to make data validation available.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Keyboard Shortcut to Edit Active Cell (like F2)

Excel for iPad needs a hardware keyboard shortcut to "Edit the active cell and put the insertion point at the end of its contents." This is the F2 function in Excel for PC. This shortcut is very important for people who rely on the arrow keys to navigate spreadsheets.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Protect worksheets on excel for iPad pro

I am using Excel on my ipad pro and I realize that it does not support sheet protection, more precisely, it does not allow me to lock and unlock sheets that were previously protected while working with the spreadsheet on a desktop. This is a significant limitation for the use I make of excel. Does anyone know if there is any plan for this BASIC and ESSENTIAL function to be added to the next version ?
    Thank you!

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add and move fields from field list into and out of the pivot tables

We need to be able to drag fields from field list into and out of the pivot tables in mobile IOS excel

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Refresh external data source

I would like to refresh the data linked to an external data source. This has been mentioned on the microsoft forum but I see no uservoice request just yet.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msofficeexcel-msoamobile/i-want-excel-facility-with-data-refresh-in-android/c6590e38-163c-4224-952c-1afafb8ded6a

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)