Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mobile Devices, Tablets, Phones (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile)

Welcome to the Excel for Mobile Devices forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Data Validation in Excel Android

Good afternoon! We would like the Data Validation Tool to be available. I miss this tool in Excel, so I have to use other means and other applications to do my tasks. It would be great to make data validation available.

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Take picture and insert/link into sheet on the fly

I was once asked to make/find the following app: allow a person to input data and have calculated results appear instantly AND be able to easily take pictures and link them to the data on the fly. I never made/found such an app. Fortunately, Excel for the iPhone satisfies the first condition.

The person using the app is checking equipment, so they enter data and take a picture and move on to the next equipment. It is impractical to import all of the pictures afterwards, since they all have similar default names, so you have to check each picture for…

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Interesting idea. Thanks for the feedback. We’ll definitely consider this in our next round of planning. In the mean time, please continue to vote on this feature idea.

Thanks,
    Scott [MSFT]

4. vertical text - (edit cell -,for,at cell - rotate text)

The ability to rotate text in a cell to varying degrees (at least 90) which is available in pc excel via edit cells - format -,rotate text....should be included ASAP. This feature used primarily in the header cells of a column where the filtered cells would be of limited width (I.e. 1 digit...or an “X”) allowing greatly increased utilization of limited viewing real estate.

Ironically, Google Sheets has even included this feature at this point (formulas were once required)...despite the app being barren in terms of features compared to xls in general.

Please add this staple functionality.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Unlock spreadsheets on IOS devices

It would be a lot better if you could lock and unlock spreadsheets whilst using an IOS device

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Fingerprint unlock password protected spreadsheets

Enable users to store passwords to their spreadsheets securely in Excel app and unlock files using fingerprint scanner / retina scanner / face recognition depending on their smartphone / tablet specs.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Would be more helpful when comparing two excel docs in ipad pro. Allow for two documents to be open at the same time.

Would be more helpful when comparing two excel docs in ipad pro. Allow for two documents to be open at the same time.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Conditional formatting

I would really like to see conditional formatting available on my iPhone.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Have offline access to selected files from cloud services

An option to have selected files from cloud services within the app (OneDrive and Dropbox hopefully). When a file is marked to be available offline, it should be downloaded, auto-synced as changes occur for it, and be available when I do not have an Internet connection. Also it should not download every time I open it. When I work on it without Internet connection, it should save changes waiting for a next connection to sync changes to the cloud.

This user experience is very vital and essential.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Pivot Table, Sub Total & Solver

For iOS Devices please extend pivot table, sub total & solver & goal Seek options

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Integrate with google drive

I belong to an organisation the uses a Google account. All our documents are stored on google drive. MS Office doesn't support Google Drive as a "place" so I can't access and edit documents on google drive from Excel for iOS. I can open a spreadsheet from the Google drive app but it opens in Excel as read only and I can't save changes back to google drive.

Please add google drive as a "place" in MS Office apps for iOS.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please enable the text to column feature.

Please integrate the Text to Column feature in excel mobile for Android

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. How to insert drop down list on iPad pro

We should be able to create macros and drop down list. This is not a big modification for the developers

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Link to External Data

Please add feature to allow a link from one workbook to data in another workbook. The feature needs to enable update of the linked data. This feature already exists in Excel 2016 and 2013.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. add CELL function

some functions are not working on the iPhone app since the most recent update. The CELL function and the FILENAME function no longer work with the most recent update. Please reinstate the functions that were dropped with the most recent update.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. In-cell dropdown

It will be extremely useful to be able to create in-cell dropdown menu on the MS excel app on ipad. I have to go back to my laptop computer everytime I do this and it is not nice

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Please include data validation

The data tab is empty - this app would be amazing if it also had data validation.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Support Google Drive on Android

Office apps (Excel) do not support Google Drive as a place. One must download from Drive, edit in Excel, and upload in Drive. Doesn't make sense, not seamless, already supported in Windows apps when an add-on is installed. Please support.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. It would be nice if there would be a split screen for the new ipad OS. So i can work with 2 worksheets at the same time.

A split screen feature for the new ipadOS would be great. This will give users the chance to work on 2 separate files/worksheets at the same time, to edit, copy, paste, or refer to one file to another.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base