Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mobile Devices, Tablets, Phones (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile)

Welcome to the Excel for Mobile Devices forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow for two documents to be open at the same time.

Allow for two documents to be open at the same time.

235 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

21 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Keyboard shortcut to switch sheets

When using a Bluetooth keyboard, please add a keyboard shortcut to be able to switch between active sheets

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improved Support For XLSM files

When I open an XLSM file in Excel for iOS and save it, it disables my macros and removes my Quick Access Toolbar icons in the file in Windows. It would be great if it saves the state of the macros and the icons in the QA Toolbar, so when I open it again in Windows, i don't have to re-enable macros and re-add all the QA Toolbar icons I added for this particular file.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Open csv files on Andoriod / ios

Need To open the CSV files through Excel APP

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. i want to view 2 screens on my excel ipad

i want to view 2 screens on my excel ipad

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Page set up

Maybe you can add page layout lines for excel
    So the mobile users can determine the exact tables they can make for letter size or legal size or A4 size without going on print set up just to view the size they made

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add shortcuts view for iPad version of Excel

In MS Word, I am able to see what shortcuts, do what, there should be the same option for MS Excel with more shortcuts, like to enter the phrase, to shift worksheets, etc...

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Excel IPad - Keyboard shortcut to switch sheets (tabs)

Create a keyboard shortcut to be able to switch between active sheets (tabs).

It's very useful and simple to implement, just to add a shortcut that is already available for Windows Users (ctrl + page up/down). Since IOS keyboards doesn't have page up/down keys, you just need to change this combination to another equivalent key combo like “ctrl + arrow key” (for example).

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Hardware keyboard scroll buttons

If you have a hardware keyboard connected, Excel needs keyboard shortcuts to quickly move up or down a number of rows or left or right a number of columns.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Quick scrolling on Excel and Word

I use very large files on Excel because I am importing data from government sources.
    On Windows/Mac, there are scroll bars for navigation.
    The data can have hundreds of thousands of rows. is there some method to quickly navigate these files on IOS, like a way to turn on scroll bars/ hidden gestures,etc? using swiping is of course, ludicrous on large files like these! Excel for IOS importa the dataeffortlessly, but I cant move around quickly (I cannot swipethrough a 50,000 record file!)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make Excel UI more like Numbers UI: more touch friendly

Excel feels too much like a Windows port with a few touch-friendly additions. Compare this to Numbers, which feels like a first-class citizen on iOS.

Two examples:
    1. Showing which cells are in a formula
    - in Numbers, if you tap a cell with a formula, it always shows immediately in colors which cells are in the formula. The keyboard does not pop up yet until you exit the cell
    - in Excel, to see which cells are in a formula, you need to double tap to edit it. The virtual keyboard pops up obscuring half the screen and often…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. How can I change sheets on my iPhone?

I can not switch between sheets on my iPhone mobile app of Excel.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hyperlinks Within a Workbook Should Go Directly to the Cell

Currently, all hyperlinks require the user to click the cell and then click again to navigate the hyperlink. This makes sense when the hyperlink is to a webpage as you don't want the user being taken somewhere they don't want to go.

However, if the hyperlink is simply to a cell or worksheet within the same workbook, then the user should be taken there directly without having to confirm the jump. This would make navigating with the Excel iPad app a lot easier.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. open multiple files in android

THe ability to switch between open books using the 'Alt+Tab' shortcut.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Diseño de pagina

Por favor sin un diseño de pagina no se puede trabajar bien ya que nunca sabes si se imprime dentro de los márgenes que uno quiere.
    Es una función necesaria.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Full screen

There was a button to view the sheet in full screen on iPhone
    Please bring it back

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Sticky Note under Info screen of 'File'

…to replace the comments section which is too small and not all that functional.

Disclaimer: I often digress in utter excitement, bear with me.

This section could include notes to oneself when drafting, editing, or sharing documents in school or at work. It transcends the type of program being used. I am a Food Scientist analyzing cook time and initial moisture over various time periods and weather patterns by use of Pivot Tables. I’ve made some great progress on my spreadsheet, but now that I’m winding down at home for the night, I’d like to jot down a few final…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base