Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mobile Devices, Tablets, Phones (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile)

Welcome to the Excel for Mobile Devices forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make excel for ipad able to print while offlime again

We need excel for ioad option to print or save to pdf while no internet avilable. I used to be able to do it .

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Excel for iPad converts Gill Sans to Arial when exporting as PDF... unless it’s a text box

I have a sheet used for quotations that is formatted in the Gill Sans font. When I export is as PDF, most of it is converted to Arial. There is a text box that remains in Gill Sans, but everything else is in Arial. Please fix!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Excel for iPad version 2.5 vs. 2.6

Hi all,
    I apologize is this is not "the place" to make requests like this but the other MSFT forum is oddly quiet on this issue:
    On 10/9, version 2.6 of Excel was released. Nowwhere did it indicate that it was for only a specific version of IOS for iPad. On the contrary, it gave highlights for iPad Pro and regular iPad.

The update version is unusable for regular iPad users (not having an iPad Pro, I can't comment on it). The application opens ok, displays the files list ok, but crashes when one is selected to be opened without…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Improve/Update microphone dictation mode for iPad with iOS12.

I’ve been using the microphone for dictation (data entry) on the app for several months. The app closes on iPad with iOS 12 (I just updated my device) while trying to still use it. Reinstalling the app nor resetting the iPad doesn’t work.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. iPad Pro 9.7 Smart Keyboard problem

Has anyone else had a problem with the iPad Pro 9.7, Excel and the Smart Keyboard? Every time you type into a cell, the software keyboard pops up momentarily before promptly disappearing - like Excel makes the cell editable, displays the iPad keyboard, then realises the Smart Keyboard is attached, and then removes the iPad keyboard.
    To reproduce:
    - Type something into any cell
    - Press return that then moves the focus onto the cell below
    - Start typing something, and the software keyboard will pop up, before disappearing again

This bug can be reproduced on the iPads at the…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Voice to word function do not work in excel (Apple iPad version)

Voice to word function doesn't work and excel ( Apple iPad version ) is quited but it's function well in other apps or yahoo email after update of office.

Please help and thanks.

Tin

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Hyperlink for iPad using link function. Try testing . Three months several updates still no use.

Excel for iPad hyperlink option .
    I have created a simple file Test.xlsx , two sheets T1 & T2 which I have sent.
    When I try to open link error message. Sorry we couldn,t open link.
    the link address may be invalid, or you may not have permission to open it. No clue to which one is the problem.
    I have tried to get help for months now , several updates , 6 people and using web sites to get answer but not working. Could you review file attached and get hyperlink to work then email solution so I can…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Excel iOS: auto-saves files despite having switched off auto-save

Please see https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/7768863c-337c-49a3-b207-1a9635510bad for a serious bug first reported by the OP over 4 months ago.

If auto-save is switched off (which I think it should be by default, but that's another matter) and I discard changes when exiting a file, the file timestamp still changes. This then spreads to other devices seeing the file on OneDrive. So if I just want to check something in a file from several years ago it suddenly looks like I've recently edited the file! This bug of course is not present in Windows.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Fix crash launch loop on Motorola G6

Moto G6 running Android Pie 9. Excel crashes on launch and then enters a slow launch-crash-launch-crash loop. I can repro on several devices (my family has 3, all repro, one is running v8/Oreo so I guess this bug has been around for a while).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Expedite fix for known problem regarding failure to load .xlsx files

Expedite fix for known problem regarding failure to load .xlsx files

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. V2.0 autocomplete really breaks barcode scanning-- need option to turn off.

V2.0 autocomplete is 'faster' -- so it causes a HUGE issue for barcode scanning. This shouldn't have been a surprise to development since it started to an issue posted here in 2016... but now V2.0 makes it faster and more of an issue.... PLEASE give us the option to turn it off in iOS or option to install old version until fixed. This totally broke our workflow and there is no way to fix it ourselves. We have the option to disable autocomplete on the desktop version, but those properties don't stay with the file, so opening on OneDrive via…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I can’t access my Personal Vault in OneDrive.

I can’t access my Personal Vault in OneDrive.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Căn lề

Hi! The application is very good right now, but I would recommend adding the alignment function immediately for excel.t

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Keeps asking to sign in to Office 365

For some reason across all devices, all IOS Office 365 apps keep asking us to sign in to enable features, even though it was signed in a few minutes ago. Please fix so they remember the account.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Adding Excel File Icon not available on Onedrive for IOS when signed into business account but available on Personal Account sign in

I was referred to the Excel for Mobile team after trying to resolve the issue through my Office 365 Admin Support portal. When using OneDrive for IOS and signed into a business account, there are options for adding a powerpoint and word file but no option for adding an excel file. When signed into a personal account the option becomes available. I also have contacted OneDrive for IOS and they said this problem was outside of their expertise.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please fix file duplication

When I duplicate a file and tell it to “Save Copy Only”, the changes are also saved in the original file. I then have to open the original file, close it, tell it to “Discard Changes”, and open it again to get back my original file.

When working with a file on my iPad, this is an annoyance. When working with a shared file on OneDrive, this leads to severe data integrity issues.

Please fix!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. improving file storing

One excel file is stored in data://office/icloud/bookmarks/****/****/****.
    I can not open this file. I get the error message in Dutch " ****.xlsx is opgeslagen op een niet ondersteunde serverlocatie" in English " ****.xlsx has been stored on a not supported server location ".
    Where can i find this file and how can I open it?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base