Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mobile Devices, Tablets, Phones (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile)

Welcome to the Excel for Mobile Devices forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support Creation of Pivot Tables in iPad and Android

Enable support for creation, refresh and modification of Pivot Tables and Slicers in iPad and Android.

1,124 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

234 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Excel with macro (and VBA) on Tablet and Mobile

we need (I'm not alone!!) as soon possible the possibility to use Excel with macro (and VBA) on Tablet and Mobile

445 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

86 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow for two documents to be open at the same time.

Allow for two documents to be open at the same time.

431 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

65 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 235 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Kia,

Great suggestion, this is definitely something we’ve been thinking about. We’ll consider it along with all the other ideas here and prioritize it according to the votes – so please keep voting if you want to see the priority raised!

Best,
    John [MS XL]

5. Full desktop class for Excel on iPad please

iPad Pro has become a very powerful piece of hardware. The recent iPadOS has also bring it closer to become a real laptop replacement. I'm one of Office 365 users and I'm using both my Windows desktop/laptop and my iPad Pro during travelling as it's easy to bring along with long battery lasting. I'm an Accountant, so most of my tasks involves with Excel, and Excel on iPad sucks, it lacks so many features and we cannot even open multi instances of Excel even on the newly released iPadOS. iPadOS now has desktop class Safari browser, it would be really…

195 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Conditional formatting

Existing conditional formatting works when opened on Android version, but there is no option to create new from the Android app.
    Not getting full value for money on office365 subscription.

151 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Data analysis toolpak for mobile excel app or chromebooks

Please make the data analysis toolpak available to be added into the chromebook/mobile version of excel so I can do my stat homework on tablets.

130 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Data Validation in Excel Mobile

Good afternoon! We would like the Data Validation Tool to be available. I miss this tool in Excel, so I have to use other means and other applications to do my tasks. It would be great to make data validation available.

130 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Enable form controls

Enabling form controls would allow iOS users to use buttons to enter information with a touch rather than having to type entries.

I'm imagining the power of being able to use the increment buttons, or radio toggles to collect data to quickly.

Even better would be coming up with cell formats that would accept that sort of input directly, without having to setup up the form controls. Imagine a checkbox format, or a counter format with Increment buttons.

121 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add support for custom templates in Office Mobile apps, specifically Excel and Word.

It would be most useful to be able to create new documents from custom templates in Excel and Word on mobile devices.

113 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  Dan Battagin [MS XL] responded

= 2016-12-05 =

Hi all,

We’ve begun work on the ability to open (and create new files from) Templates on Excel for Android.

Cheers,
    Dan [MS]

11. Allow naming of ranges and tables

Currently, cannot edit names of ranges or tables. Naming is an extremely helpful feature when dealing with other limitations of the mobile versions.

109 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. vertical text - (edit cell -,for,at cell - rotate text)

The ability to rotate text in a cell to varying degrees (at least 90) which is available in pc excel via edit cells - format -,rotate text....should be included ASAP. This feature used primarily in the header cells of a column where the filtered cells would be of limited width (I.e. 1 digit...or an “X”) allowing greatly increased utilization of limited viewing real estate.

Ironically, Google Sheets has even included this feature at this point (formulas were once required)...despite the app being barren in terms of features compared to xls in general.

Please add this staple functionality.

103 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Unlock full version of Excel on iPadOS

After the arrival of the new iPadOS, the iPad pro is becoming my new "computer", but I really need the office apps, like excel or word, with the full features like on Mac or PC, like macros. Please, consider updating office 365 on iPadOS to the full desktop version. Thanks

102 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow custom sort with multiple columns or criteria just like desktop versions

iOS only allows a single sort column and needs the same sort and filter characteristics as the desktop versions

91 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add header and footer edit capabilities

Please add the ability to add/edit headers in Excel.

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Unlock spreadsheets on IOS devices

It would be a lot better if you could lock and unlock spreadsheets whilst using an IOS device

89 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Integrate with google drive

I belong to an organisation the uses a Google account. All our documents are stored on google drive. MS Office doesn't support Google Drive as a "place" so I can't access and edit documents on google drive from Excel for iOS. I can open a spreadsheet from the Google drive app but it opens in Excel as read only and I can't save changes back to google drive.

Please add google drive as a "place" in MS Office apps for iOS.

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Opening 2 Excel Sheets in iOS for iPad and iPhone

Would be great if iOS users are able to open 2 Excel sheets using split screens on iPads

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Need to be able lock/unlock a sheet or workbook on my iPad. This is a serious limitation. Please fix.

Not be able to protect/unprotected a sheet on my iPad is a serious limitation for me. It defeats the purpose of having multiple devices.

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Data Analysis Toolpack and Solver Needed, STAT!

Excel for PC and Mac, as well as the Surface Pro 3 and 4, have the Data Analysis Toolpack and Solver. We need these added to the iOS versions as well, please.

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 44 45
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base