Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mobile Devices, Tablets, Phones (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Excel for Mobile Devices forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support Creation of Pivot Tables in iPad and Android

Enable support for creation, refresh and modification of Pivot Tables and Slicers in iPad and Android.

1,365 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

278 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We acknowledge and agree that it would be useful to enable PivotTable creation on iPad and Android. We do hope to eventually implement this, but it’s not likely to happen this year because our PivotTable engineers are currently focused on implementing PivotTable functionality in Excel on the web.

2. Full desktop class for Excel on iPad please

iPad Pro has become a very powerful piece of hardware. The recent iPadOS has also bring it closer to become a real laptop replacement. I'm one of Office 365 users and I'm using both my Windows desktop/laptop and my iPad Pro during travelling as it's easy to bring along with long battery lasting. I'm an Accountant, so most of my tasks involves with Excel, and Excel on iPad sucks, it lacks so many features and we cannot even open multi instances of Excel even on the newly released iPadOS. iPadOS now has desktop class Safari browser, it would be really…

622 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Excel with macro (and VBA) on Tablet and Mobile

we need (I'm not alone!!) as soon possible the possibility to use Excel with macro (and VBA) on Tablet and Mobile

547 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

not at this time  ·  104 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow for two documents to be open at the same time.

Allow for two documents to be open at the same time.

532 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

70 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Data analysis toolpak for mobile excel app or chromebooks

Please make the data analysis toolpak available to be added into the chromebook/mobile version of excel so I can do my stat homework on tablets.

321 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 321 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

59 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Kia,

Great suggestion, this is definitely something we’ve been thinking about. We’ll consider it along with all the other ideas here and prioritize it according to the votes – so please keep voting if you want to see the priority raised!

Best,
    John [MS XL]

7. Protect/UnProtect Cells/Work Book with Android and iOS apps

Not being able to Protect/Unprotect stuff with the android app is a big hindrance. If I am not in the office and I need to make a quick update to an excel sheet I am unable to since I cant unprotect the sheet. That means I have to wait until I get back to the office to do anything and sometimes it is a time sensitive issue that needs to be resolved asap. Implementing this into the android app would be a great addition and help streamline the experience.

197 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Conditional formatting

Existing conditional formatting works when opened on Android version, but there is no option to create new from the Android app.
    Not getting full value for money on office365 subscription.

187 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Opening 2 Excel Sheets in iOS for iPad and iPhone

Would be great if iOS users are able to open 2 Excel sheets using split screens on iPads

184 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Enable Password protection of spreadsheet on Excel Mobile

I just posted this question to Microsoft forums and found out that this feature is still not functional in Excel for iOS:
    I'm using Excel on an iPad Pro and would just tried to find a way to password protect a spreadsheet I'm saving to OneDrive. Searching the general web and these forums didn't readily surface an answer. I've seen old responses indicating that it wasn't possible to password protect a single sheet in 2014; however, I'd be surprised if it's not even possible to password protect an entire spreadsheet in the latest version of Excel for iOS.

176 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Data Refresh of stock prices (Data Types) in Excel Android & iOS app.

Data Refresh of external data links (stock quotes) in iPhone Excel app.

When on the windows laptop, under the data tab, the "Refresh All" button works great. It would be very handy if we had the same functionality on our mobile devices.

172 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

49 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Data Validation in Excel Mobile

Good afternoon! We would like the Data Validation Tool to be available. I miss this tool in Excel, so I have to use other means and other applications to do my tasks. It would be great to make data validation available.

152 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Enable form controls

Enabling form controls would allow iOS users to use buttons to enter information with a touch rather than having to type entries.

I'm imagining the power of being able to use the increment buttons, or radio toggles to collect data to quickly.

Even better would be coming up with cell formats that would accept that sort of input directly, without having to setup up the form controls. Imagine a checkbox format, or a counter format with Increment buttons.

151 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 147 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add header and footer edit capabilities

Please add the ability to add/edit headers in Excel.

130 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. vertical text - (edit cell -,for,at cell - rotate text)

The ability to rotate text in a cell to varying degrees (at least 90) which is available in pc excel via edit cells - format -,rotate text....should be included ASAP. This feature used primarily in the header cells of a column where the filtered cells would be of limited width (I.e. 1 digit...or an “X”) allowing greatly increased utilization of limited viewing real estate.

Ironically, Google Sheets has even included this feature at this point (formulas were once required)...despite the app being barren in terms of features compared to xls in general.

Please add this staple functionality.

127 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow naming of ranges and tables

Currently, cannot edit names of ranges or tables. Naming is an extremely helpful feature when dealing with other limitations of the mobile versions.

121 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add support for custom templates in Office Mobile apps, specifically Excel and Word.

It would be most useful to be able to create new documents from custom templates in Excel and Word on mobile devices.

118 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  Dan Battagin [MS XL] responded

= 2016-12-05 =

Hi all,

We’ve begun work on the ability to open (and create new files from) Templates on Excel for Android.

Cheers,
    Dan [MS]

19. Refresh Data Connections and Pivot Tables

Allow refresh of Data Connections and Pivot tables. If I'm away from work or on site, sometimes I need access to our reports/data but I cannot currently refresh any data connections from a mobile device. I created an excel sheet on my laptop to do so but it is not always easy to access a normal computer and sometimes it would be better to use a phone or tablet. It makes little sense to me currently why these devices do not have basic excel capabilities

117 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow custom sort with multiple columns or criteria just like desktop versions

iOS only allows a single sort column and needs the same sort and filter characteristics as the desktop versions

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 69 70
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base