Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mobile Devices, Tablets, Phones (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile)

Welcome to the Excel for Mobile Devices forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Office Add-in support

At Build 2015 it was announced Office Add-ins were to be available inside Office apps on Android by the end of the year. What happened? Particularly interested in progress on Add-in development for Excel on Android.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Excel for iPad to use the Signature Line feature available in Excel for Windows.

International Seafoods of Alaska uses Excel files on iPads to fill out and submit quality control worksheets for at its seafood processing facility and needs to have the QC Inspectors and QC Supervisors sign the Excel worksheet forms we've created in Excel for Windows. We've tested inserting a pair of Signature Lines for these signatures, but in Excel for iPad, the signature line added in Excel for Windows is visible, but does not respond. Please make Excel for iPad enable the use of the Signature Lines, so we can use our Apple Pencils to sign Excel worksheets before submitting them.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Touch ID support for excel iOS

Touch ID support for excel iOS and macOS

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow Gridline printing for IPad

Allow Gridline printing for Ipad

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Selecting Non-Adjacent Cells

I'm not able to select non-adjacent cells in Excel on the iPad Pro. That means that I can;t selectively apply formulas or build charts with data from non-adjacent columns. It's an absurd thing not to be able to do. Under any other circumstances this would be a matter fo just hitting the Ctrl button. You all need to fix this immediately, I feel like I've been sold something non-functional.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add option to change picture

The desktop version of excel has the option to change a picture to a different picture when you right click on it. This could be added along side the copy, cut, and delete options when you click a picture in the mobile application.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Liste déroulante

Il serait intéressant et très utile de pouvoir créer des liste déroulante sur les prochaine MAJ d’excel.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. vertical text - (edit cell -,for,at cell - rotate text)

The ability to rotate text in a cell to varying degrees (at least 90) which is available in pc excel via edit cells - format -,rotate text....should be included ASAP. This feature used primarily in the header cells of a column where the filtered cells would be of limited width (I.e. 1 digit...or an “X”) allowing greatly increased utilization of limited viewing real estate.

Ironically, Google Sheets has even included this feature at this point (formulas were once required)...despite the app being barren in terms of features compared to xls in general.

Please add this staple functionality.

102 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. RELATIVE or ABSOLUTE MACROS

In my experience when a Macro is about to be composed in EXCEL, there is no definitive way to know if it is set to RELATIVE or ABSOLUTE by LOOKING at the selection after clicking on MACROS ICON. By holding the cursor on the ‘Use Relative Reference displays the explanation but does not designate WHICH of the two functions is actually activated. My meaning is this: It is not until the MACRO is activated do you really find out that ABSOLUTE was set when RELATIVE was required. If when starting the composition, and requiring RELATIVE, by clicking on the Use…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Don’t automatically open last document

Whenever I open Excel it automatically tries to download and open my last document. This actually takes significant time and slows the opening of Excel, especially when I don’t want to use that last document. Perhaps a simple switch in settings to control this behavior? I would prefer that Excel just opens to the file list.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please fix file duplication

When I duplicate a file and tell it to “Save Copy Only”, the changes are also saved in the original file. I then have to open the original file, close it, tell it to “Discard Changes”, and open it again to get back my original file.

When working with a file on my iPad, this is an annoyance. When working with a shared file on OneDrive, this leads to severe data integrity issues.

Please fix!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Fix the numeric keyboard for iPhone X

There is a small bug in the numeric keyboard in iOS. In iPhone X the keyboard is too close to the bottom of the screen. Almost 9 out of 10 times when I use it Excel is sent to the background by the bar in the middle. See the picture.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. reinstate the scroll buttons - these had been added earlier on, and then they are removed recentely.

Reinstate the scroll buttons - these had been added earlier on, and, strange enough, they are removed recently.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add F4 function to use with an Bluetooth keyboard.

Please add de F4/Com+T function to use Excel with an external keyboard. Please!!!! It a waste of time writing it manual cell by cell.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. improving file storing

One excel file is stored in data://office/icloud/bookmarks///.
    I can not open this file. I get the error message in Dutch "
    .xlsx is opgeslagen op een niet ondersteunde serverlocatie" in English " ****.xlsx has been stored on a not supported server location ".
    Where can i find this file and how can I open it?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Need ability to edit data in charts

You can create charts in Excel, and use sliders to include more series, but it only works if all data points are inside a table.

If data series are in different parts of a sheet, Excel for iOS cannot edit the source data to pick the right data.

Please add this feature.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base