Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mobile Devices, Tablets, Phones (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile)

Welcome to the Excel for Mobile Devices forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make Excel for IPad as good and as usable as it is for any laptop

Excel for IPad is so limited compared to excel for a PC, make them the same. I pay for office 365 and should have the same usability as any other customer irrelevant of the device used.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support .iqy files in Excel on Macbook.

You own SharePoint and Excel, please allow Excel on MacBook to support .iqy. More and more people use MacBooks for business.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow autocalculation to be turned off in android excel

As tablets may have limited computing power, calculating large excel sheets takes too long and can become irritating if you need to enter multiple values. If the autocalculation function could be turned off it would allow users to operate larger excel sheets.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Vlookup, pivot table and multiple split screen for ios abd android.

Business /office and school use. Please please please

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Would it be possible in all Office including screenshots that when you right click you, then move this file into a Folder you have made up

Be able to right click on a file and then move it into a folder you have made up rather then just Doc/Dropbox etc.

I often need to move a Excel/Word/Screen Shots & Pictures and have copy and paste then delete or drag the the left hand by while holding the file i want to move and drop into into my client Job File.

Maybe i am missing something when you right click and there is already a way. But i can only find it will drop in into a section and not the direct folder you require with a…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ausdruck nach Autofilter

Ich habe eine Tabelle mit Autofilter. Beim Ausdruck soll ein Autofilter gewählt werden können - z. B. die Spalte B. Jetzt soll der Ausdruck für jeden Filtereintrag in der Spalte B erfolgen. Das spart viel Zeit. Jeden Tage drucke ich z. B. Filtereinträge aus.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Open and save files on personal NAS

Would be great if we could add our own personal NAS to 'Places' so we are not tied to using third party cloud storage providers.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Open and save files on personal NAS

Would be great if we could add our own personal NAS to 'Places' so we are not tied to using third party cloud storage providers.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Drag & Drop - Cursor

When copying data by dragging down, the cursor ends up on the ORIGINAL entry but in the vast majority of cases, the DUPLICATE entry needs to be changed or altered. The cursor should end up on the start of the DUPLICATE entry

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. validation popup width is to small

The current width of the popup is way too small when having a validation list in cell. It should at least twice of the width what it is now.

The way it is now there is no use for it. Yes, maybe for a validation check if the value is "Yes";"No" or "Maybe".
    Specially when you want to use a product selection, this is way to small.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. OCR cell input

Expose a quick & ready method to begin inputting text into current active cell from an OCR scan from the camera. There would ideally be a way to optionally have the scan jump to the next column, next row, or no jump, after confirming good read.

An example scenario: you have been tasked with taking inventory of all the computers in your office, including serial numbers. You create a new spreadsheet on your mobile device. Click in the first row and make a "header" row with labels "office number", "serial number", "item type" and "model number". Next, you walk up…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Could we see “inserting data sheet from picture on iOS Excel please?

Could we see “inserting data sheet from picture on iOS Excel please?

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Voice to word function do not work in excel (Apple iPad version)

Voice to word function doesn't work and excel ( Apple iPad version ) is quited but it's function well in other apps or yahoo email after update of office.

Please help and thanks.

Tin

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Why do I have to continually pick a color to fill a cell with?

On the desktop version, once you pick a color for cell filling, it retains that color until you change it. Why do we have to continually pick the color on the iPad version instead of it retaining and a drop-down being available to change it (similar to Windows)?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Hyperlink to other files (e.g. *.pdf) located on the local device (i.e. the internet)

I am a musician and I have hundreds of songs as individual PDFs. Managing them all combined in a single PDF is not scalable. I want to use an Excel spreadsheet on my Android tablet as a master database that can be searched/sorted that has links to the PDF for each song. This is straightforward using Excel on Windows. Unfortunately, even with relative referencing, I cannot get this to work on Android. From the Excel app for Android it would be nice to:
    1. Use links to reference non-excel files and open them in the relevant app.
    2. From the…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Formelutskrift

Het. Kunne dere lagt til formelustskrift på iPad? Det ville gjort lekser mye lettere :D Tusen takk

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow full Excel version on ARM chips

As it appears possible that Apple will turn to ARM for all their devices can we see a full excel version that runs on iPad Pro and all future Apple ARM devices?

Reference https://www.cultofmac.com/408601/why-intel-should-be-scared-of-the-ipad-pros-a9x-chip/

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Open csv files on Andoriod / ios

Need To open the CSV files through Excel APP

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base