Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mobile Devices, Tablets, Phones (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile)

Welcome to the Excel for Mobile Devices forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Transfer Macros to readable program from relationsional programming

after recording a relationsional macro allow it to be translated in to program language.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ability to open any file, even if not editable

Just as the iOS version, all files can be opened, not all can be edited or all functions are available. However, all can be opened.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

HI Scott,

We’re working on loading more files. Can you add some more detail about what specific issue you’re running into here, so we can prioritize it appropriately?

Thanks,
    Dan [MS]

5. Add "open in" functionality

Add "Open In" functionality to Excel for iOS (and Word and PowerPoint). This would allow the user to open an Excel file in other applications.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add support for trendline generation on mobile (iOS/Android) apps

I teach highschool science in a schoolboard that has invested heavily in a BYOD setting and the O365 platform. We do many correlational studies in our science program and having students able to easily generate trend lines on their data sets would make the mobile apps much more powerful to use.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback. We are planning to add this feature to the mobile apps.

Thanks,
    Scott [MSFT]

7. Using Slicers

We need to have slicers finally working while using the iOS mobile version of Excel so remote users can access and use all the reports.

109 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Goodreader file links don't work

Goodreader is a popular file manager for iOS. For most applications you can copy and paste a Goodreader link in and when you need access to the file in Goodreader, you just need to click the external link. Neither Excel or Word seem to be able to cope with this simple Goodreader link even though the basic notes app can manage it. Please fix this as Goodreader is the only decent alternative to the lack of a centralised iOS file system.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. iPad Pro 9.7 Smart Keyboard problem

Has anyone else had a problem with the iPad Pro 9.7, Excel and the Smart Keyboard? Every time you type into a cell, the software keyboard pops up momentarily before promptly disappearing - like Excel makes the cell editable, displays the iPad keyboard, then realises the Smart Keyboard is attached, and then removes the iPad keyboard.
    To reproduce:
    - Type something into any cell
    - Press return that then moves the focus onto the cell below
    - Start typing something, and the software keyboard will pop up, before disappearing again

This bug can be reproduced on the iPads at the…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Keyboard shortcut to switch sheets

When using a Bluetooth keyboard, please add a keyboard shortcut to be able to switch between active sheets

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Excel mobile needs the cell autocomplete (predictive text option)!

in the desktop version, if i start typing in a cell a popup list of predictions appears allowing me to select something that already exists in the column. for example the word apple in a list of fruit would be predicted for me as soon as i type 'a' . This would save me hours of work while data entering using the mobile version in the field! please please add this feature so that i dont have to write out everything over and over!

(2016-04-05 Dan [XL]: added "autocomplete" to title

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. IRM

Please support IRM-encrypted documents from Sharepoint Online in Excel for Windows (Mobile Application)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Link to External Data

Please add feature to allow a link from one workbook to data in another workbook. The feature needs to enable update of the linked data. This feature already exists in Excel 2016 and 2013.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Enable referencing cells from other sheets and tables

One cannot currently refer to an element from other tables and sheets. Please work on this feature.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please Reverse the color orders in the color filling button

Using an Ipadpro, when I want to fill a cell in yellow or green (standard colors) I have to go down on the choice of colors. The same if I want to erase the filling color. The no filling color should be on top, standard colors next, and finally the Themes colors, since they are more personal

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Don't let editing a file on iOS change the window size when file opened in OS X

It is frustrating to edit a file on OS X (office 2016) then edit it later on an iPhone, and then when you get back to your desk and edit on OS X, the window has been resized to a tiny iPhone screen, forcing you to resize it on the desktop.

I know the iPhone and iPad can see a smaller area, but don't save the "window size" with the file when it is saved on iOS. The window size from the desktop should be persistent.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Save space with a Microsoft Office app?

I've noticed that each of the apps for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are quite large. They are also independent.

I'm not sure if this would lead to any improvement, but perhaps we could have a Microsoft Office app. Then get the individual components of Microsoft Office through in-app downloads. This way, any features that are common between the components can now be shared in this single app, which should save space.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Enable form controls

Enabling form controls would allow iOS users to use buttons to enter information with a touch rather than having to type entries.

I'm imagining the power of being able to use the increment buttons, or radio toggles to collect data to quickly.

Even better would be coming up with cell formats that would accept that sort of input directly, without having to setup up the form controls. Imagine a checkbox format, or a counter format with Increment buttons.

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base