Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mobile Devices, Tablets, Phones (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile)

Welcome to the Excel for Mobile Devices forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Permit use of Draw for marking up and adding numbers, text,etc when using "Freeze Pane" for Headers. Was functional before latest update.

Allow use of "Draw" functions at the same time using "Freeze Pane" functions. This was possible before the 4/13/2017 update.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. To amend the function paste on multiple cells

After the update of April 11, 2017, when I try to copy the DATA of a one cell, isn't possible to paste it into a multiple cells

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Conditional formatting

I have a spreadsheet which I set up in Office using some Conditional Formatting relating to the date today. I had used a custom setting which when viewed on Office 365 on iPad displayed perfectly. After the latest excel update on iPad the custom setting no longer works. When I changed the setting to one of the defaults it worked perfectly again. So there seems to be a problem after the latest update.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. ability to uninstall updates

ability to uninstall updates or build

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow more flexibility with charts, such as modifying the axis scales (min, max,units, etc.)

The graph may be totally useless, as the axis start at x=0 and y=0 in a XY graph (for example, when data becomes a tight group).

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. increase width of dropdown lists

As is use data validation to create drowdown lists i am in need of a higher width of those lists using excel iOs App.

The entries are very long so that i can only see the beginning. The decision which entry should be taken must be made at the end.

I would like to increase the width of a dropdown list manually. Please improve this asap.

Many thanks in Advance.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Integrate with google drive

I belong to an organisation the uses a Google account. All our documents are stored on google drive. MS Office doesn't support Google Drive as a "place" so I can't access and edit documents on google drive from Excel for iOS. I can open a spreadsheet from the Google drive app but it opens in Excel as read only and I can't save changes back to google drive.

Please add google drive as a "place" in MS Office apps for iOS.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Voice commands

Inputting on a touch screen is not as efficient without a keyboard or a mouse. Voice commands like "select cell a1" and "copy A1 till A5 paste in B1" could be useful.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add ability to add polynomial (or at least quadratic) trendline via elements for a scatter plot

Scatter plots for Scientific data measured by students often fit a parabola shaped trendline, i.e. a polynomial trendline with an order of 2. If supporting a polynomial trendline like desktop Excel is too computationally intensive, how about at least supporting a quadratic trendline (i.e. polynomial or order 2) inlcuidng the ability to show the equation and r-squared value. This would allow students to use iPad Excel to make predictions from data analysis done with the iPad.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add ability to show/hide and move equation and r-squared value as elements for linear trendline

Currently the only way to see the equation and r-squared value for a linear trendline is to use a quick layout. If you do that, you can not hide either the equation or the R-squared, and more importantly, you can not move it around on the chart so that it doesn't overlap other elements. Also, I'd prefer to see enabling the equation and R-squared as part of the Elements option as opposed to that being kind of hidden under layouts.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Drop down

Enable Drop down lists

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Excel with macro (and VBA) on Tablet and Mobile

we need (I'm not alone!!) as soon possible the possibility to use Excel with macro (and VBA) on Tablet and Mobile

299 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

75 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add spell check feature

Spelling checker is a must for Android user since we are using virtual keyboard

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Make Excel UI more like Numbers UI: more touch friendly

Excel feels too much like a Windows port with a few touch-friendly additions. Compare this to Numbers, which feels like a first-class citizen on iOS.

Two examples:
    1. Showing which cells are in a formula
    - in Numbers, if you tap a cell with a formula, it always shows immediately in colors which cells are in the formula. The keyboard does not pop up yet until you exit the cell
    - in Excel, to see which cells are in a formula, you need to double tap to edit it. The virtual keyboard pops up obscuring half the screen and often…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bug issue. On Excel, when i have an external data connection via the web, for instance, on iPhone it is not in that yet. So the issue is why

When i have an external data connection via the web, for instance, on iPhone it is not in that yet. So the issue is why does it disconnect the one on my PC, just because the iPhone version doesn't work yet? It should say (as it does) that the link is not going to work, but then not disconnect the link permanently, because then I have to re-insert it every time I use the PC version.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. need to call from within app!

Listen, there are a lot of cases when I need to call right witnin from phone numbers' column.
    Why not? So, you let me call within Maps or Edge, and not from anywhere.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Drawing

When drawing by finger, the line is not seen during drawing but only after line is complete. At times lines will be offset by about200 pixel

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make it stop re-inserting rows

You can improve Excel for Android by making it stop re-inserting rows after they've been deleted. This happens all the time and it creates an awful nuisance when trying to navigate a small spreadsheet.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. A new product: Excel Dynamic

I think Microsoft have a hug opportunity to improve Excel by introducing an icon-based add-on to Excel. This add-on will be used to do dynamic calculations (i.e. any calculations where you are looking at how things are changing over time) and will use the notation from system dynamics software (for examples, see sysdea.com or stella architect by iseesystems.com). The add-on will collapse the time series for any variable into one icon, and will make use of arrows to show causal connections between variables (rather than using confusing and error-prone cell references). These icons will make an important visual distinction between…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base