Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mobile Devices, Tablets, Phones (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile)

Welcome to the Excel for Mobile Devices forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Excel app failure since july 2017 sony xperia smartphone F5121

Since July, I can't open excel or word app on my sony smart phone. xperia. it was going no problem before that. I have a subscription for 365. I have tried uninstallation and reinstallation. I also reset my phone 3 weeks ago. after the reset, and reinstallation, the app excel worked okay again. then about 4 days ago, the same thing happened. the phone updated, and yeah won't open or work again. just crashes. sony says they can't do anything, only the app owner

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Format keyboard appropriately

On mobile devices the keyboard presented should be that pertaining to the format of the field being completed. That is if you are entering data in a field formatted as numeric you should be presented with a numeric keyboard and not the last keyboard used as happens at present. This is done by other apps like google sheets so I cannot see why it can't be done in excel

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Repair or update Excel for Android Nougat 7.1, it isn't working

The Excel App was working in the 7.0 nougat platform, since I updated to 7.1 Nougat is not working anymore, it can't open , also, if you solve this, improve the performance too, since working in 7.0 , Excel, word and PPT were a bit laggy . My smartphone is a Moto z with 4gb ram, I had to switch to Polaris , waiting for you guys to make an update and figure the problem .

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Support for the files app

To be able to save to the files app and iCloud (and remove the need for an iPad/iPhone tab)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. botonALT+SHIFT+ENTER

Necesitamos esa opcion porque quiero poder visualizar todos los resultados de una formula de matriz porque en un smartphone no se puede hacer ALT +SHIFT +ENTER

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Scatter plot selects wrong data for display, need to manually specify range for x,y data

Need ability to manually edit or specify data ranges for scatter plots. Currently is automatically determined from initial range selection during chart creation, and this is frequently incorrect.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Have the ability to group column for more visibiiity

Group columns and name them like the PC version. Thanks !

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. PROBLEM... ref. 1389918527 // having problems accessing files on my onedrive thru the excel app,, keeps telling me "cant open file" {file ma

PROBLEM.. ref.. 1389918527
    having problems accessing files on my onedrive thru the excel app,, on ipad, keeps telling me "cant open file" {file may be locked,in use,or you don't have sufficient permission} this is resolved only for a short time to log out of excel on ipad then log back in, then re-add my onedrive account. the same error will randomly happen the next day. I have been thru the uninstall, reinstall, reset, and to purchase of a new ipad that has same issues,, this is a APP problem.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. graphing - see / modify data series

That I know of, there's no way to create a graph and then edit the data series afterwards. Clearly there are multiple data series created in some charts but I don't see a way to view / edit them without a lot of tedious dragging control handles around in the spreadsheet. It would be so much better to be able to have a dialog box pop up and hand edit the data series.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. ability to uninstall updates

ability to uninstall updates or build

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please add the feature to Excel for Android. This is the ability to create custom number (cell) format as it is in Windows. I need numbers t

Please add the feature to Excel for Android. This is the ability to create custom number (cell) format as it is in Windows. I need numbers to add units of quantity. Pre-defined is only currency unit on Android. I am adding "m²", "kg" and the like. Thank you.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Wireless Mouse support within IOS Office (as Citrix did with the X1 Mouse)

Apples lacking native support for mice limits us with IOS Office.

Please consider mouse support directly within IOS Office. Maybe a partnership with Citrix to add support for the X1 Mouse?

(Link to show Citrix X1 Mouse) http://store.citrix.com/store/citrix/en_US/pd/ThemeID.28169600/productID.317779200)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. V2.0 autocomplete really breaks barcode scanning-- need option to turn off.

V2.0 autocomplete is 'faster' -- so it causes a HUGE issue for barcode scanning. This shouldn't have been a surprise to development since it started to an issue posted here in 2016... but now V2.0 makes it faster and more of an issue.... PLEASE give us the option to turn it off in iOS or option to install old version until fixed. This totally broke our workflow and there is no way to fix it ourselves. We have the option to disable autocomplete on the desktop version, but those properties don't stay with the file, so opening on OneDrive via…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Really hope that you're not closing this (and Word/Powerpoint) for desktop users

I really hope that you are not closing this down as it is really useful for small form-factor tablets where you don't need and don't want a full desktop experience (and don't want to "waste" a licence on it).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. need to call from within app!

Listen, there are a lot of cases when I need to call right witnin from phone numbers' column.
    Why not? So, you let me call within Maps or Edge, and not from anywhere.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Bug issue. On Excel, when i have an external data connection via the web, for instance, on iPhone it is not in that yet. So the issue is why

When i have an external data connection via the web, for instance, on iPhone it is not in that yet. So the issue is why does it disconnect the one on my PC, just because the iPhone version doesn't work yet? It should say (as it does) that the link is not going to work, but then not disconnect the link permanently, because then I have to re-insert it every time I use the PC version.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make it stop re-inserting rows

You can improve Excel for Android by making it stop re-inserting rows after they've been deleted. This happens all the time and it creates an awful nuisance when trying to navigate a small spreadsheet.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Virtual trackpad does not work well

When you in a text box in Excel with the on-screen keyboard and iOS 9+, you should be able to use the virtual trackpad to move the cursor around the text box (pressing and holding the keyboard with two fingers). This works well in all iOS first-party apps and MS Word.

However in Excel there are three problems:
    - once you double tap a text box to edit the text box and press the keyboard with two fingers, the cursor jumps to another place. This should not happen.
    - you cannot move the cursor vertically, the cursor stays on the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)