Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mobile Devices, Tablets, Phones (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile)

Welcome to the Excel for Mobile Devices forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Password option

Allow password protection fo ios excel

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to sort files within folders when trying to open a file

Not a new idea at all as it exists in most MS products. The ability to sort the columns in the open dialogue so I can either find the file by name or more common the date. At the moment it is very unclear what it is sorted on and so very hard to find the file you want especially if you edited it on another device it doesn’t appear in the recent file list. Also allowing you to size the column width would be good in that same open dialogue. This is all on an iPad. Not sure if…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Disable Autosave option for an application.

Please provide an option to permanently disable Autosave for an application. Please give the user option to enable if required. This should apply to the full 365 suite.

The option is provided on individual files but users forget and unintentionally overwrite good files with garbage!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add password protect function to mobile Excel for iOS

Add password protect function to mobile Excel for iOS

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Encrypt with Password Protect

Password Protection and Encrypt Option on excel app please
    ❤️

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add iCloud Drive support as storage

Still not able to open files in iCloud Drive

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Enable Excel for Mobile Devices password protected sheet to unlock

Enable Excel for Mobile Devices password protected sheet to unlock. Then you can also open, edit and save the Excel file on iOS devices (and Android).

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Open multiple excel files

Currently we can not open multiple excel files. Need the feature to open multiple excel files

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Save/Export as CSV file

Would like to be able to export to a CSV file.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Show Full Path of filename in Open Dialogue on iPad

Display entire filename path under filename under Recent Tab in Open Dialogue Box on iPad.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Save file button

Datei speichern - aktiv per button. Oft übernimmt Excel Änderungen nicht, wenn die Datei in pdf konvertiert wird.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. add Google Cloud storage already jackA**es

does it really need to be described. Add Google Drive cloud storage to Excel. Not everyone wants to use OneDrive.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Enable Security to open a file like in the full version of excel

I want to secure my document in excel or word too but as it stands I can’t do that using a less efficients app via office 365. I need to turn on my laptop and do it in the full version of excel on that

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Multiple files open at the same time - Multiple windows

I would like to be able to have 2 or more files open at the same time in iPadOS for the possibility to multitask better.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. passcode on my excel application on my iPhone in order to access my documents.

I would like to have a passcode on my excel application on my iPhone in order to access my documents. There are some documents I do not want people to have access to her out my iPhone password. There needs to be an individual featured each Windows app individually.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please add the setting to be able to set “automatic saving off” as default; the default now is that autosaving is always on

Please add the setting to be able to set “automatic saving off” as default; the default now is that autosaving is always on new documents

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Profile tab, switch from one account to another as ez as outlook!

I’ll tell you in 1 word. Most people with multiple email accounts, need the same amount of ez access to save to the particular account. So it’s not just a suggestion, it’s a need & a must!

Currently if I have a attachment in outlook, or even in the app it self, I have to sign out to be able to save to a different account, otherwise all my attachments are saved to 1 Microsoft account, when it’s really associated with the other email & Microsoft account.

Multiple email accounts are usually created for different tasks at hand, and the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base