Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mobile Devices, Tablets, Phones (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile)

Welcome to the Excel for Mobile Devices forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Excel for Chromebooks

I'm currently in a stats class that requires the use of Excel and the Analysis ToolPak add-on. After trying to use the Google Sheets alternative to no avail, I found that I still had a Microsoft Office 365 account through a previous school. However, there are still many insufficiencies with Excel on the Chromebook, even preventing me from adding the ToolPak or making any specific alterations to graphs/charts. I do not have regular access to PCs or MACs (it did not work for an iPad as well) so I am unsure of how well work will be performed for present…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Esiste la possibilità di ottenere del testo in base al codice inserito senza una formula che potrebbe essere soggetta ad essere cancellata?

Uso un foglio Excel su iPad è ho la necessità inserendo nella colonna E il codice che mi riporta sulla stessa riga nella colonna B del testo. Faccio un esempio, se metto nella colonna E il codice A, nella colonna B deve riportarmi la scritta Entrata in contante. In base al codice deve riportarmi del testo. Non posso usare il cercavert perché in alcuni casi riporto del testo che non sono legati a un codice è di conseguenza questo cancellerebbe la formula. Esiste la possibilità di ottenere questo risultato?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Trace precedents/ dependents

Critical feature of excel to audit/ understand calculations made by others...

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Freeze Formulas

This idea really belongs to the PC version, but it is made necessary by capacity limitations in the mobile app.
    I leave lots of complex formulas around, rather than replacing them with values, because I am thus able to retroactively implement improvements!
    My idea would be to block old data from recalculation, thus avoiding processor load but allowing them to be reactivated should changes be desirable.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Excel for iOS formula assist

When typing formulas in the desktop versions of excel, you get hints as to what arguments are expected. This feature doesn’t exist on the iOS versions, and I think it would be a great quality of life improvement from having to press the (i) instead to get more information as to the arguments expected.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please!!!! Just have Microsoft for Mobile Devices.......

Microsoft for mobile devices should have same capabilities as Microsoft for PC.... I don't understand why its not available now!!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. All functions of Microsoft excel should be able to use/create on iPad

More convenient for customer, it should have all functions as on PC or MC also on IPAD, e.g. data validation list, etc.

I have to switch to open PC when I need to use those function

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Excel Analysis Took Pak

I need to have the analysis tool pak for chromebook for my college courses. I paid for a year of office 365 and expect it should have the same features as it does for a PC or MAC. I paid the same price as those users would and I expect the same features to be available to me.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add r2 value

Add an r-squared value for graphs

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Formularsteuerelemente in Office Mobile

Meiner Meinung nach ist es sinnvoll, wenn auch die mobile Version von Excel den Umgang mit Formularsteuerelementen erlernen würde. Zumindest sollten Kontrollkästchen die in der Desktopversion erstellt, verknüpft und formatiert wurden auch in der mobilen Version an- und abwählbar sein.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Open and close quote is not working

Hi sir, one function is not working good:
    =if(a1>=90, put in B cell “A”,0) but the error is #NAME WHEN I WORK THIS OPTION IN computer it works

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Formula to recognize Ink/Drawing over a cell

I have an Excel template that I would like to use Ink/Drawing to add a signature. Once signed I'm looking for a formula that would then recognize when drawing has been used over a cell so I can create a completion checklist recognizing when the users have signed the docs / tabs in the document.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Name box for ios version

Add Name Box to ios version so that cells can be named

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. we need the funksjon show formel. In the app for ipad

We need show formel on ipad app in excel

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base