Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mobile Devices, Tablets, Phones (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile)

Welcome to the Excel for Mobile Devices forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Excel for iPhone To Edit iCloud Files

Excel for iPhone can no longer edit iCloud files without an Office 365 subscription (see my forums post here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_excel-mso_imobile-mso_mobapps/excel-for-iphone-now-needs-o365-subscription-for/4985fd5d-1661-4563-a408-801ede8abc33)

According to this page (https://support.office.com/en-us/article/When-do-I-need-an-Office-365-subscription-b6518311-893a-4a89-bfcd-bdc56bf52085), it should be able to do everything except insert and edit SmartArt for iPhones assuming you are not using Business cloud storage. This is not the case, it prevents editing when I am using the iCloud family storage level when both Word and PowerPoint can edit files from iCloud family storage.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. inking

I want to draw on my spreadsheets

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add F4 function to use with an Bluetooth keyboard.

Please add de F4/Com+T function to use Excel with an external keyboard. Please!!!! It a waste of time writing it manual cell by cell.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add option to change picture

The desktop version of excel has the option to change a picture to a different picture when you right click on it. This could be added along side the copy, cut, and delete options when you click a picture in the mobile application.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow elements to be placed between grid lines

Sometimes it is useful to be able to place an element (character, bullet point, etc) “between” the grid lines. As a proof of concept, I've attached a mockup with the letter ‘ы’ inserted between two horizontally adjacent cells.

I expect this addition to the Excel worksheet model to be fundamental enough that it will doubtlessly be useful for many novel applications, even though at the moment I can't think of any.

Thanks!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Hiding Authors in comments.

Because of the nature of my work I want to hide my name in comments. It can’t be that hard to go into Settings, for example, and give the option to delete it. I’m sure that a lot of people share my view.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add scroll bars on excel and word to navigate large sheets and documents

I work with large database files from counties, which Excel handles easily. The problem is getting around on these large sheets of 200 columns by 30,000 rows. Swiping makes it impossible to effectively view or edit these files. I am amazed that Excel accepts these files without a problem, but I need scroll bars to access different parts of the sheet. Even lowly PDF readers have these!

The same problem exists formlarge Word documents.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Virtual trackpad does not work well

When you in a text box in Excel with the on-screen keyboard and iOS 9+, you should be able to use the virtual trackpad to move the cursor around the text box (pressing and holding the keyboard with two fingers). This works well in all iOS first-party apps and MS Word.

However in Excel there are three problems:
    - once you double tap a text box to edit the text box and press the keyboard with two fingers, the cursor jumps to another place. This should not happen.
    - you cannot move the cursor vertically, the cursor stays on the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Merge Across option.

Please provide the "Merge Across" option under edits on our iPads because it doesn't even exist. It exists in Windows PC, but some how this option is not available in our iPads. Basically the Merge Across option lets you merge two or more tabs across.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base