Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mobile Devices, Tablets, Phones (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile)

Welcome to the Excel for Mobile Devices forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Include among the file positions also “iCloud” because we are using the IOS version of Excel

Due to the fact that we subscribe to the IOS version of Excel it should be normal to open file saved on iCloud while the Apple service is not included and cannot be added.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Storage usage limits for mobile app file cache/downloads

An optional limit to the amount of storage used by the mobile apps to download recently used files. Otherwise a limit to the number of files cached in this manner based on how recently they were used or a limit on how long it keeps them on the mobile device.

This would allow users to save space on the mobile device. Keeping only documents they expect to use easily accessible.
    Along with a keep on device setting for important files to provide users control over this functionality.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Show better information in File listing on open

I have stored wbks in iCloud as .xlsm and then found that Macros don’t work. So I stored them again as.xlsx. However, when I come to clear out unusable stuff it is impossible to identify which is which. File suffix, creation date should all be shown.
    Also when I want to save iCoud files on my iPad (so that I can always go back to my original when the local version gets messed up) it is not evident where to find my local storage - of course it is in there but under PUBLIC! That is not obvious and the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Easy to access with IOS please 🙏🤔😇😀

We appreciate your attention to this ASAP please and THANK YOU 😀

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. eSoftTools 7z Password Recovery Solution

We share some thought and software related 7z file, If you are lost 7z file password and want to reestablish and open 7z file then don't be stress eSoftTools 7z password recovery software easy to get back your 7z file password with this three types of recovery attacks.

Read More - https://www.esofttools.com/7z-password-recovery.html

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. overwrite

Why is it not possible to overwrite the server-file in case of a file-conflict in onedrive??????????????????

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Fix bug: Any file opened from DropBox or iCloud Drive (and perhaps elsewhere) vanishes from Recent files shortly after you close it.

Fix the bug described in the title. It appears to happen whenever the app is terminated in the background. So if you don't leave Excel or you return to it relatively quickly, the files appear in Recent. Wait to long and they vanish and you have to go find them again. Very inconvenient.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Workbooks are being un-pinned from the top of the “Recent” list

I have several Excel workbooks that I use regularly and so I have them pinned to the top of the “Recent” list.

Recently, probably since the update to version 2.19, these workbooks are being un-pinned from the list although I have not un-pinned them.

There seem to be two actions that cause this to happen.

1. Open one of the pinned workbooks then close it again, with or without saving changes.
    2. Pin a different workbook to the top of the list.

This happens on both my iPad and my iPhone.

The same problem occurs with documents in Word -…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It should be possible to pin spreadsheets to the home screen

T should be possible to in frequently accessed spreadsheets to the home screen so they can be opened with one tap. This would be similar to. How you can add frequently used web pages from safari.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Open files

Just updated to 2.0.3 and now I can't open my files. What are you doing ...... let me go back to my previous vs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. XLT Files Don't Appear in Cloud Browsers

XLT and files with related extensions (like XLTX) don't appear in the cloud service browsers like Egnyte and Box, which is very frustrating. Is there an official way of getting to and opening these files?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The new Box integration is prone to lose data in an online/offline scenario.

Previously, I used the Box sync tool and chose which folders I wanted to have sync'ed locally. That worked great! As it is now, the MS Office app gets confused and is prone to lose locally made changes that were made offline.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base