Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mobile Devices, Tablets, Phones (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile)

Welcome to the Excel for Mobile Devices forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. saving excel files in other formats?????

Please, i have an iPad "Pro" and i cannot save a file as a .csv. I cannot understand how this is not possible. This is basic functionality for any science/engineering application. Basically it means that without this, mobile Excel is not a solution i can adopt.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can you add csv conversion in excel ios

Hi am using excel spreadsheet on iPad Pro and I want to save it as a csv file. How do I go about that?

Can you add this function in future updates please to make it a complete office 365 as so far it’s at 364

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Not to save by default when opening files

Not to save by default when opening files As it is usual to open and perform no edit but to update the file modification date without sense as no change was made

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Save/Export as CSV file

Would like to be able to export to a CSV file.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I’d like the ability to create folders on an iPad, not just on OneDrive.

I’d like the ability to create folders on an iPad, not just on OneDrive. As it stands now, files created or saved on the iPad are put in one giant list. It would be great if I could create a folder called Work and another folder called School to keep files separated for quicker location. Excel works great on my iPad! Having the ability to separate my files in their own folder would make the App even better!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Integrate with Procore as a “place” to open and save documents

Procore is a leading construction project management tool. It would greatly increase our teams’ ability to work with Office 365 documents if they could open AND save files back to Procore from their iOS devices.
    https://feedback.procore.com/forums/183340-customer-feedback-for-procore-technologies-inc/suggestions/37535908-open-office-open-and-save-back-office-365-document

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 能不能不每次启动默认打开上次的文件 烦都烦死了。

能不能不每次启动默认打开上次的文件 烦都烦死了。

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. saving excel files in other formats?????

Please, i have an iPad "Pro" and i cannot save a file as a .csv. I cannot understand how this is not possible. This is basic functionality for any science/engineering application. Basically it means that without this, mobile Excel is not a solution i can adopt.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Open and save files on personal NAS

Would be great if we could add our own personal NAS to 'Places' so we are not tied to using third party cloud storage providers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Open and save files on personal NAS

Would be great if we could add our own personal NAS to 'Places' so we are not tied to using third party cloud storage providers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add search option in ‘Open’ file section.

The search function in ‘Recents’ is great but searching for older files can be very difficult as often one cannot remember the exact file name. The file names in ‘Open’ are also often truncated and scrolling through hundreds of files starting with similar names a time consuming and occasionally impossible nightmare. Being able to search with one, or a few key words, would be huge improvement.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Preview scaling

I use MS Excel on my iPhone (in addition to my normal desktop/laptop usage). It is very annoying that there is apparently no way to scale the preview, which in my particular case is teeny weeny!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make file name fields longer

Use all of the available space to display file names in "Open" view. See attached screenshot. There is twice as much room available as is currently being used for the file name.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Still cannot open spreadsheets with multiple hidden columns (Excel for IOS 2.1)

This is the third link I receive in response to where I should post the problem.
    Follows the problem as well as the link with the posts
    Microsoft has made several updates available to try to fix the problem, but spreadsheets with multiple hidden columns remain unopened due to a bug. Currently the version of Excel for IOS is 2.1, but the problem continues to occur. Please Microsoft help us and correct this problem. We are waiting.

Version 1.31 works without problems, all subsequent updates present the problem after updating the app.
    I tested files with several hidden columns. If…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Shared login with Outlook

With the iOS office suite I am required to login to each app separately, which can be quite frustrating when my password changes and I re-login to each app separately.

Apps made by other vendors (such as Google) allow shared account login accross all of it's apps where I only need to login once and all the apps just work.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Let me sort the files by date for example when searching for a file

Often I want to see the last few files that have been updated, let me sort by date. Even better and in addition let me expand the column with file names so I can see the whole file name.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Include among the storage services iCloud

Due to the fact that we are using Excel per iPad we should be able to access files stored on iCloud which is the default service for Apple’s users

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Include among the file positions also “iCloud” because we are using the IOS version of Excel

Due to the fact that we subscribe to the IOS version of Excel it should be normal to open file saved on iCloud while the Apple service is not included and cannot be added.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Storage usage limits for mobile app file cache/downloads

An optional limit to the amount of storage used by the mobile apps to download recently used files. Otherwise a limit to the number of files cached in this manner based on how recently they were used or a limit on how long it keeps them on the mobile device.

This would allow users to save space on the mobile device. Keeping only documents they expect to use easily accessible.
    Along with a keep on device setting for important files to provide users control over this functionality.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base