Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mobile Devices, Tablets, Phones (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile)

Welcome to the Excel for Mobile Devices forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 能不能不每次启动默认打开上次的文件 烦都烦死了。

能不能不每次启动默认打开上次的文件 烦都烦死了。

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. saving excel files in other formats?????

Please, i have an iPad "Pro" and i cannot save a file as a .csv. I cannot understand how this is not possible. This is basic functionality for any science/engineering application. Basically it means that without this, mobile Excel is not a solution i can adopt.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. saving excel files in other formats?????

Please, i have an iPad "Pro" and i cannot save a file as a .csv. I cannot understand how this is not possible. This is basic functionality for any science/engineering application. Basically it means that without this, mobile Excel is not a solution i can adopt.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. overwrite

Why is it not possible to overwrite the server-file in case of a file-conflict in onedrive??????????????????

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Support Google Drive on Android

Office apps (Excel) do not support Google Drive as a place. One must download from Drive, edit in Excel, and upload in Drive. Doesn't make sense, not seamless, already supported in Windows apps when an add-on is installed. Please support.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Open and save files on personal NAS

Would be great if we could add our own personal NAS to 'Places' so we are not tied to using third party cloud storage providers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Open and save files on personal NAS

Would be great if we could add our own personal NAS to 'Places' so we are not tied to using third party cloud storage providers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Fix bug: Any file opened from DropBox or iCloud Drive (and perhaps elsewhere) vanishes from Recent files shortly after you close it.

Fix the bug described in the title. It appears to happen whenever the app is terminated in the background. So if you don't leave Excel or you return to it relatively quickly, the files appear in Recent. Wait to long and they vanish and you have to go find them again. Very inconvenient.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Workbooks are being un-pinned from the top of the “Recent” list

I have several Excel workbooks that I use regularly and so I have them pinned to the top of the “Recent” list.

Recently, probably since the update to version 2.19, these workbooks are being un-pinned from the list although I have not un-pinned them.

There seem to be two actions that cause this to happen.

1. Open one of the pinned workbooks then close it again, with or without saving changes.
    2. Pin a different workbook to the top of the list.

This happens on both my iPad and my iPhone.

The same problem occurs with documents in Word -…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Need to work on files when I'm offline

There are times when I need to work on files and do not have Internet connections to sign-in and be able to edit and save the file. This seems so necessary for people who are on the road, traveling, and on vacation without their Internet hookup. When I can't open and work on and save files, Office 365 is useless and I'll find an alternative. Let me work on it and then upload when I get home to replace the old one. Gove me the option to select certain files to work when I'm offline,

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add ability to open .csv files in Excel Android

Add ability to open .csv file in Excel Android

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Fingerprint unlock password protected spreadsheets

Enable users to store passwords to their spreadsheets securely in Excel app and unlock files using fingerprint scanner / retina scanner / face recognition depending on their smartphone / tablet specs.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Can you add csv conversion in excel ios

Hi am using excel spreadsheet on iPad Pro and I want to save it as a csv file. How do I go about that?

Can you add this function in future updates please to make it a complete office 365 as so far it’s at 364

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add ability to use custom "User-Made" template in Excel

Add support for CUSTOM TEMPLATES in mobile version of excel. Another question asking the same thing was posted, but apparently Microsoft can't read as they just added the ability to use templates, but not CUSTOM USER-MADE TEMPLATES! Quit handicapping your mobile apps. It's bad enough form controls and VBA aren't supported still. At least make a useable option that is mobile friendly.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Touch ID support for excel iOS

Touch ID support for excel iOS and macOS

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Don’t automatically open last document

Whenever I open Excel it automatically tries to download and open my last document. This actually takes significant time and slows the opening of Excel, especially when I don’t want to use that last document. Perhaps a simple switch in settings to control this behavior? I would prefer that Excel just opens to the file list.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add search option in ‘Open’ file section.

The search function in ‘Recents’ is great but searching for older files can be very difficult as often one cannot remember the exact file name. The file names in ‘Open’ are also often truncated and scrolling through hundreds of files starting with similar names a time consuming and occasionally impossible nightmare. Being able to search with one, or a few key words, would be huge improvement.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Option to turn off auto-save by default

Provide a setting to turn off auto-save by default. Please!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Preview scaling

I use MS Excel on my iPhone (in addition to my normal desktop/laptop usage). It is very annoying that there is apparently no way to scale the preview, which in my particular case is teeny weeny!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base