Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mobile Devices, Tablets, Phones (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Excel for Mobile Devices forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Why are you opening one drive from excel with no security?

Why are you opening one drive from excel with no security at all?
    If I want an excel on one drive I need to pass security and yet the excel app just accessed without - quite shocking!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Convert to json

I’d like to be able to export a spreadsheet to json and perhaps import json to spreadsheet. This would be great for both data portability, and a developer I often need data to be in json format. There are 3rd party converters but a single click option would be so much more convenient. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. encrypt function

Encrypt function is recommended like Desktop version.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. STOP Switching

Quit switching back and forth between the sort order in the “Recent” file open. You go back and forth between newest first to alphabetical order. I just get use to one, and you switch to the other. Then back and forth. Better still, allow me to choose how I want my files listed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. For iPad, need an option to save file locally (i.e. to an external drive) not just to OneDrive or iPad itself

It would be ideal to have a “File” option for the iPad just like I have on a PC or Mac computer.

I have the latest iPad Pro and I am seriously disappointed with how poorly Excel works in it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add password protect function to mobile Excel for iOS

Add password protect function to mobile Excel for iOS

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Send file to laptop via Bluetooth

Mobile phone files can be sent directly to a laptop using a Bluetooth connection

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Poder poner una contraseñas a algunos ficheros

Para ficheros con datos sensibles, sería aconsejable tener una contraseña para poderlos abrir, sobre todo si éstos se guardan en la nube.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Is there away to save office 365 for Apple into icloud?

Not sure if icloud can be put on the storage list from the excel/word etc for Apple.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Disable Autosave option for an application.

Please provide an option to permanently disable Autosave for an application. Please give the user option to enable if required. This should apply to the full 365 suite.

The option is provided on individual files but users forget and unintentionally overwrite good files with garbage!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Mot de passe de protection

Mettre un code pour ouvrir Excel afin d’empecher Une intrusion

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Worksheets that can be used as a template

This may already exist, and if so can you please tell me how to do it. But I use excel on an iPad to fill in job sheets, and I would love to be able to have it open up blank every time so I don’t have to go through and delete all the last customers information each time I want to fill it out,
    Yhn

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Worksheets that can be used as a template

This may already exist, and if so can you please tell me how to do it. But I use excel on an iPad to fill in job sheets, and I would love to be able to have it open up blank every time so I don’t have to go through and delete all the last customers information each time I want to fill it out,
    Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 增加儲存PDF檔

請問為何蘋果的版本不能列印成PDF檔,只能藉由應用程式來列印呢?目前的應用程式其功能很多都需收費,對於只是少許轉存PDF檔的人,真是無法購買得下去,太貴了...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sync with Mega file sharing

Mega file sharing is where I store all my data, please make me able to open files from their app!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Close file

Add the option to close the file that is being edited.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base