Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mobile Devices, Tablets, Phones (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile)

Welcome to the Excel for Mobile Devices forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Password option

Allow password protection fo ios excel

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. passcode on my excel application on my iPhone in order to access my documents.

I would like to have a passcode on my excel application on my iPhone in order to access my documents. There are some documents I do not want people to have access to her out my iPhone password. There needs to be an individual featured each Windows app individually.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable Excel for Mobile Devices password protected sheet to unlock

Enable Excel for Mobile Devices password protected sheet to unlock. Then you can also open, edit and save the Excel file on iOS devices (and Android).

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow access to Personal Vault.

Need to have the ability to access files in Personal Vault with mobile apps.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Save/Export as CSV file

Would like to be able to export to a CSV file.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add Custom Templates

Please add the ability to save a workbook or an existing template that you’ve customized as a new custom template. This would be very helpful as it is very time consuming to need to edit the saved template every time you want a new workbook. Eg. if you’re making an invoice-to have your name etc. be already there(on your custom template) instead of entering it every single time you make an invoice.
    Thx.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add Support for .XML files in iOS

I have an application that uses .XML files that need to be edited in Excel and then pasted back to the app.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Face ID to open the file?

Can we use Face ID of my mobile phone to open the file?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Support Google Drive on Android

Office apps (Excel) do not support Google Drive as a place. One must download from Drive, edit in Excel, and upload in Drive. Doesn't make sense, not seamless, already supported in Windows apps when an add-on is installed. Please support.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Excel iPadOS with Split View

when will excel ipados be available with split view?
    I need to work with two excel simultaneously

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Setting to turn off the auto open last file on excel iPhone app

It should be a Setting to turn off the auto open last file on excel iPhone app. When I open the app, it often gets stuck on trying to open a file and then trying to cancel opening a file for almost 30 seconds. If I am trying to open another file this means there is a minute delay before I can even start to try to open that file. It should be a setting to turn off the auto open last workbook feature so I can open the app, choose the file I want to open and then use…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Link OneDrive and Excel for file access

When I go to an Excel file in OneDrive I can view but if I click the Excel icon and I’m not connected to an internet connection the file will not open even though the files are saved to my iPad and Excel is installed on my iPad the file cannot be opened offline? This makes no sense to me?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. ios version does not open xls files

hi,
    when you release update of excel please make sure, that it can open .XLS files. Current version, can't do it, previous could, version before could not. Every 2 weeks I can't open xls file. Please do something about it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Možnost stálého zobrazení horní lišty

Bylo by dobre, kdyby se dalo trvale zobrazit horni listu s moznosti “uložit” a “zavřít”. Casto totiz nejde stáhnout a aplikace se musi natvrdo zavřít. iPhone 7, iOs13

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Save favorite

Hello,

A Features which should be included is favorites. There should be a way to mark a excel file as favorite. When doing that you view a favorite quickly and easily from a section call favorite.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When saving or retrieving files, you can see third party file services like Dropbox, OneDrive, but cannot see iCloud.

If I need to access iCloud, it is a two step process. I have to click on My iPad and then click on iCloud. I do not see why you let users see Dropbox and OneDrive and other services, and not iCloud.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. PLease allow us to open and save to a removable USB drive (flash or otherwise). I thought with the lastest update that would happen.

Allow users with iPads to open and save from a removable USB drives. I always don’t have a good internet connection when traveling. I would really like the ability to open and save from a removable USB drive.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please add the setting to be able to set “automatic saving off” as default; the default now is that autosaving is always on

Please add the setting to be able to set “automatic saving off” as default; the default now is that autosaving is always on new documents

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base