Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mobile Devices, Tablets, Phones (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile)

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the Excel for Mobile Devices forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable Slicers and Timelines to function on Mobile and 365 Online versions.

We need to be able to share dashboards created in Excel with users in the field using the Mobile app or 365 Online. Our dashboards contain slicers and timelines for Pivot Data. None of these functions appear to be available in the mobile and 365 editions. This is a MASSIVE drawback and one that Google Sheets is spanking MS with.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Using Notes Instead of Comments

I've been an Excel user for quite a while and have many spreadsheets, I work in Excel as a standalone user on a daily basis. As such I do not have a need for the new Comments feature and prefer the Notes approach to annotating my worksheets. Furthermore, I'm using an Excel 2010 on my Windows 8.1 Pro laptop, so I lose all Notes from my laptop when I transfer the file to my Android smart phone. And viewing the Comments created by Excel Mobile on my laptop is cumbersome because of the warning caveat displayed at the beginning of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Need an update or refresh button to import and export changes made to data on shared devices.

Need an update or refresh button to import and export changes on shared devices.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Too can select more then one sheet for send

Too can select more then one sheet for send

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Enable access to embeded and linked files in excel from your Iphone.

I work for a landscape firm. At any one time we deal with 8 customers. However, sometimes the clients had their quotes going back last year or months before they become a client. It was getting confusing tracking through folders trying to find the right quote, additional emails and images of the clients garden. So I have set up a spreadsheet with all our customers names on it. With the details of each customer. At the end of each line I have embedded PDFS linking to correspondence received from that customer. As the information was stored in different places and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Keep text information when copy&paste 他のアプリでの文字検索

In case of copy&paste of a table, keep text information in the table.
    So, we can find words in table if we copy the table and paste to other app, for example good note5 like note app.

表をコピーペーストする際に、文字情報を保持したままにする。
    他のアプリにコピペした後に表内の文字検索が可能になる。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Password protect document

Include an option to protect the spreadsheet so others cannot open the spreadsheet without a password or modify the data

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ability to send multiple files in an email

Would like to be able to send multiple files in a single email.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Live Files Across Platforms

Hi Team,

I have an Excel file saved in my employee OneDrive account. I typically access it from my work laptop with Windows 10 installed, but also like to access the same file via the OneDrive and/or the Excel app on my devices with iOS or iPadOS installed. It would be fantastic if the “live” document/file behavior were the same across operating systems. Currently, if multiple people with Windows are accessing the same “live” file, changes reflect immediately. However, if I access the same “live” file via different operating systems (iOS, iPadOS, or Windows 10, the changes take time to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Show real-time changes in read-only mode

We utilize different permissions settings for different groups of users at my organization, but we still want everyone to have the most current data. Having spreadsheets that live in a SharePoint library update in real time (without having to close the file and reopen it) while in read-only mode would be a huge benefit to our team.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Share project with others to edit and save

It would be great to share this ongoing document with others to share and edit as well

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Debería. Existir tabla dinámica

Agreguen tablas dinamicas

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ativar a opção “comentários” com a possibilidade de adicionar imagens.

Na versão pra PC conseguimos adicionar imagem nos comentários, na versão IOS não encontrei essa função.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Cuando se podrán abrir dos archivos de Excel al mismo tiempo en el iPad Pro?

Es muy normal trabajar con dos archivos de Excel al mismo tiempo, cosa que no es posible hoy en día en el iPad, cuando se podrá tener esta mejora?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add on prem SharePoint as option for storage

It would be nice to be able to add on premise SharePoint document libraries. To add to that, it would be nice if the more powerful and capable on prem SharePoint was as integrated in the O365 Apps as the more basic and less capable “SharePoint Online” Please don’t forget to consider hybrid setups as well as macOS, iPadOS, and iOS in this and all other features.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base