Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mobile Devices, Tablets, Phones (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile)

Welcome to the Excel for Mobile Devices forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "기록"이란 이름은 Microsoft excel에서 이미 사용 중입니다. 다른 이름을 사용하세요.

탭에 History란 이름이 사용중이면
    모바일(IOS, Android) 엑셀에서
    "기록"이란 이름은 Microsoft excel에서 이미 사용 중입니다. 다른 이름을 사용하세요.
    메시지와 함께 복구하라는 창이 뜨지만, 실제로는 복구도 되지 않고 실행도 되지 않습니다.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. PLEASE PROVIDE CHANGE CASE BUTTON LIKE WORD IN EXCEL-HOME- FONT TAB

PLEASE PROVIDE CHANGE CASE BUTTON LIKE WORD IN EXCEL-HOME- FONT TAB

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hanging crashing and not responding issues while using Excel.

After Dec 2017 Update, my xl file having Freezes Panes getting hang. i also notes this is only happened mobile is not connected to internet. even xl files are store in mobile.
    also i try to reproduce the error, simply create a new xl file use Freeze Panes enter something on top side then enter something down. save the file then close xl completely then open again the same file it will be fine till now, once try to edit any cell this it will hang slowly have to restart the mobile.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Scroll Bars

The following suggestions are based on my use of Version 16.0.9001.2077:

1. Provide a user-configurable option to show a handle when scrolling, or perhaps an option to specify scroll bars width.(It often takes 3 or more attempts to grab the extremely small scroll bars on my Samsung Note 8, I’m using a FHD+ (2220x1080) screen resolution.)

2. Scroll range should be limited to the worksheet data range.(For example, being able to scroll to row 3,000 on a worksheet that only has a 100 rows of data has little to no value and makes small scroll bar movements overly sensitive.)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add a Reverse Selection option

Often I apply a filter for say 10 of the 25 items to analyse.
    The next thing I want to do is filter for the not yet filtered items (so the other 15 out of 25 items).
    Now I have to do this manually.
    I really like the Reverse Selection option (like in Windows Explorer) to be added to Excel.
    In the attached file I added a screendump of Windows Explorer with this option but this is in Dutch. I think in English the commands are Select All, Select Nothing and Reverse Selection.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Excel app failure since july 2017 sony xperia smartphone F5121

Since July, I can't open excel or word app on my sony smart phone. xperia. it was going no problem before that. I have a subscription for 365. I have tried uninstallation and reinstallation. I also reset my phone 3 weeks ago. after the reset, and reinstallation, the app excel worked okay again. then about 4 days ago, the same thing happened. the phone updated, and yeah won't open or work again. just crashes. sony says they can't do anything, only the app owner

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Format keyboard appropriately

On mobile devices the keyboard presented should be that pertaining to the format of the field being completed. That is if you are entering data in a field formatted as numeric you should be presented with a numeric keyboard and not the last keyboard used as happens at present. This is done by other apps like google sheets so I cannot see why it can't be done in excel

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Repair or update Excel for Android Nougat 7.1, it isn't working

The Excel App was working in the 7.0 nougat platform, since I updated to 7.1 Nougat is not working anymore, it can't open , also, if you solve this, improve the performance too, since working in 7.0 , Excel, word and PPT were a bit laggy . My smartphone is a Moto z with 4gb ram, I had to switch to Polaris , waiting for you guys to make an update and figure the problem .

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Support for the files app

To be able to save to the files app and iCloud (and remove the need for an iPad/iPhone tab)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. botonALT+SHIFT+ENTER

Necesitamos esa opcion porque quiero poder visualizar todos los resultados de una formula de matriz porque en un smartphone no se puede hacer ALT +SHIFT +ENTER

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Scatter plot selects wrong data for display, need to manually specify range for x,y data

Need ability to manually edit or specify data ranges for scatter plots. Currently is automatically determined from initial range selection during chart creation, and this is frequently incorrect.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Have the ability to group column for more visibiiity

Group columns and name them like the PC version. Thanks !

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. PROBLEM... ref. 1389918527 // having problems accessing files on my onedrive thru the excel app,, keeps telling me "cant open file" {file ma

PROBLEM.. ref.. 1389918527
    having problems accessing files on my onedrive thru the excel app,, on ipad, keeps telling me "cant open file" {file may be locked,in use,or you don't have sufficient permission} this is resolved only for a short time to log out of excel on ipad then log back in, then re-add my onedrive account. the same error will randomly happen the next day. I have been thru the uninstall, reinstall, reset, and to purchase of a new ipad that has same issues,, this is a APP problem.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. graphing - see / modify data series

That I know of, there's no way to create a graph and then edit the data series afterwards. Clearly there are multiple data series created in some charts but I don't see a way to view / edit them without a lot of tedious dragging control handles around in the spreadsheet. It would be so much better to be able to have a dialog box pop up and hand edit the data series.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. ability to uninstall updates

ability to uninstall updates or build

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please add the feature to Excel for Android. This is the ability to create custom number (cell) format as it is in Windows. I need numbers t

Please add the feature to Excel for Android. This is the ability to create custom number (cell) format as it is in Windows. I need numbers to add units of quantity. Pre-defined is only currency unit on Android. I am adding "m²", "kg" and the like. Thank you.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Wireless Mouse support within IOS Office (as Citrix did with the X1 Mouse)

Apples lacking native support for mice limits us with IOS Office.

Please consider mouse support directly within IOS Office. Maybe a partnership with Citrix to add support for the X1 Mouse?

(Link to show Citrix X1 Mouse) http://store.citrix.com/store/citrix/en_US/pd/ThemeID.28169600/productID.317779200)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base