Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mobile Devices, Tablets, Phones (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile)

Welcome to the Excel for Mobile Devices forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add feature to auto log out for users.

In our manufacturing plant, we use MS products to display much of our training materials. Currently we are having each user log into their own 365 account so they can access individualized training sent to them via their onedrive accounts. The problem is that when you log out, the user must go into settings and reapply the option to reset user credentials every single time. The setting does not stay set. Every time it performs the function it inverts back to being off. The next user then can not log in. Also I would really like if the software would…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Amend the function past on excel for iPad

To amend the function paste on multiple cells on excel for iPad

After the update of April 11, 2017, when I try to copy the DATA of a one cell, isn't possible to paste it into a multiple cells

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. need to call from within app!

Listen, there are a lot of cases when I need to call right witnin from phone numbers' column.
    Why not? So, you let me call within Maps or Edge, and not from anywhere.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bug issue. On Excel, when i have an external data connection via the web, for instance, on iPhone it is not in that yet. So the issue is why

When i have an external data connection via the web, for instance, on iPhone it is not in that yet. So the issue is why does it disconnect the one on my PC, just because the iPhone version doesn't work yet? It should say (as it does) that the link is not going to work, but then not disconnect the link permanently, because then I have to re-insert it every time I use the PC version.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Data Import  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fuzzy Lookup for Excel IPad

Would be great to have fuzzy lookup on the iPad and iPhone versions of excel.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make it stop re-inserting rows

You can improve Excel for Android by making it stop re-inserting rows after they've been deleted. This happens all the time and it creates an awful nuisance when trying to navigate a small spreadsheet.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Modern Excel charts also available for IOS

It would be good to have modern charts also available in Excel for Ipad: Waterfall, Sunburst, treemap... Currently they are available for Windows, MacOS, Android but not on IOS. Thanks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Virtual trackpad does not work well

When you in a text box in Excel with the on-screen keyboard and iOS 9+, you should be able to use the virtual trackpad to move the cursor around the text box (pressing and holding the keyboard with two fingers). This works well in all iOS first-party apps and MS Word.

However in Excel there are three problems:
    - once you double tap a text box to edit the text box and press the keyboard with two fingers, the cursor jumps to another place. This should not happen.
    - you cannot move the cursor vertically, the cursor stays on the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. please make a way for shapes (and text boxes, pictures, etc.) to snap to the grid

please make a way for text boxes to snap to the grid

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Excel iPad-App - Wie kann man Seitenumbrüche einfügen?!

Excel iPad-App - Wie kann man Seitenumbrüche einfügen?!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Excel should not create "Email attachments" onedrive folder

Why have Office for iOS apps just started creating the "Email attachments" folder in onedrive? I do not use this folder and because on Windows I have my onedrive mapped as "My Documents" and have it appearing on the Windows bar I now cannot see all the folders I want to access on the Windows bar.

If I delete the folder in Windows or in the onedrive app on iOS, it reappears as soon as I open an office app on iOS. I am using a 4th gen iPad with up to date iOS and apps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Wie kann ich bei einer bereits erstellten Datei eine Öffnungssperre einrichten

Wie sperre ich eine Datei die bereits eingerichtet ist. Sie soll nur mit meinem Code zu öffnen sein

Vielen vielen Dank!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. XLT Files Don't Appear in Cloud Browsers

XLT and files with related extensions (like XLTX) don't appear in the cloud service browsers like Egnyte and Box, which is very frustrating. Is there an official way of getting to and opening these files?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Select a non-rectangular area (discontiguous discontinuous selection)

Make it possible to select a non-rectangular area using only fingers (maybe holding some kind of button).
    Please!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Merge Across option.

Please provide the "Merge Across" option under edits on our iPads because it doesn't even exist. It exists in Windows PC, but some how this option is not available in our iPads. Basically the Merge Across option lets you merge two or more tabs across.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. A button that switches to excel desktop

Should be a button that switches to excel desktop when you need a feature that's in desktop version.

Too much of a pain to close the mobile app, open desktop excel, find the file .....

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please, add Khmer font to Microsoft Exel for Android

Please, add Khmer font to Microsoft Exel for Android

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add "open in" functionality

Add "Open In" functionality to Excel for iOS (and Word and PowerPoint). This would allow the user to open an Excel file in other applications.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Shared login with Outlook

With the iOS office suite I am required to login to each app separately, which can be quite frustrating when my password changes and I re-login to each app separately.

Apps made by other vendors (such as Google) allow shared account login accross all of it's apps where I only need to login once and all the apps just work.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base