Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mobile Devices, Tablets, Phones (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile)

Welcome to the Excel for Mobile Devices forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Must include desktop functions for utilizing powerful android mobiles

The owner android version of excel is useful only for basic excel needs. Whereas to utilize the highly powerful android phones of today it must include functions - pivot table/charts, goal seek, lookups from separate workbooks, macros, text to columns, remove duplicates, conditional formatting, various file saving formats, all paste options etc.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Pivot Table

I would love to see pivot table being enabled on the mobile version of excel.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Tab in form entry mode

When entering dat in form mode on iOS, using the return key should move you to next field. This would be much quicker for entering data and would be similar to using tab key on a keyboard.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Excel auf dem iPad mit allen Desktopfunktionen, z.B. VBA-Makros

Excel-Tabellen, welche auf dem iMac mit Schaltelementen erstellt wurden, die Makros enthalten, sollten auf dem iPad auch mit bedienbaren Schaltelementen zu nützen sein.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Cuando se podrán abrir dos archivos de Excel al mismo tiempo en el iPad Pro?

Es muy normal trabajar con dos archivos de Excel al mismo tiempo, cosa que no es posible hoy en día en el iPad, cuando se podrá tener esta mejora?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Full Graphing Capability

I have just replaced my laptop with an iPad Pro for uni, and I am studying Preclinical Human Biology. With all of our experiments we use correlation coefficients and lines of best fit to interpret our data. It is very frustrating that I can’t do this on my iPad... especially since they are literally marketed as a computer!

“Your next computer is not a computer” - Apple...

Please include all graph elements on the iPad app!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Absolutely need to be able to print gridlines in excel for ipad.

Please create a way to pint gridlines in excel for the ipad.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add Page Layout

Please add Page Layout w/the accompanying sub-menus: insert headers/footers, fit to one page, etc. I no longer use a PC/laptop, I only use my iPad Pro w/my Office apps. It’s annoying not having the features I’m accustomed to using on Excel. If I could have chosen Printing & Formatting I would have.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Some improvements in Card view

1. We need some good colours:
      I love the Excel more because of its vibrant colours and aesthetically appealing design, I expect the same in the cardview as well. Purely white colour and simple text boxes are not at all looking good, specially in Excel.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tables, Sorting and Filtering  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Some improvements in Card view

1. Swipe gestures:
      Please introduce some swipe gestures such as swiping left or right should navigate to previous and next card or two buttons on left and right (at the middle of the screen) can be added, upon clicking on which previous or next card can be viewed. See the pic 1.
      Similarly swiping up and down and swiping from edge can also be utilised for other great actions.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Password or Touch ID for Excel necessary

In iPhone Password or Touch ID for Excel necessary like in onedrive. Otherwise password is useless for onedrive parallel to Excel

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Enable Security to open a file like in the full version of excel

I want to secure my document in excel or word too but as it stands I can’t do that using a less efficients app via office 365. I need to turn on my laptop and do it in the full version of excel on that

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. passcode on my excel application on my iPhone in order to access my documents.

I would like to have a passcode on my excel application on my iPhone in order to access my documents. There are some documents I do not want people to have access to her out my iPhone password. There needs to be an individual featured each Windows app individually.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Secondary Y Axis for iPad Pro version of Excel 365

Charts with a secondary Y axis is a common need. Why not include it on the iPad MS 365 version of Excel. Excel is very weak without it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Enable full screen view in Android

I want to be able to hide all tool bars in Excel for Android so that I can view my spreadsheet full-screen. The toolbars and ribbon take up way too much real-estate on my screen. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note 9.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. WE NEED THE ADVANCED FEATURES!

NO PIVOT TABLES, NO CONDITIONAL FORMATS, NO DROPDOWN LISTS... ANYTHING EVEN A LITTLE BIT ADVANCED FROM THE ORIGINAL EXCEL THIS APP LACKS IT.

DO YOU REALIZE HOW ADVANCED AND POWERFUL ARE MOBILE DEVICES NOWADAYS????

I GIVE IT THE FIRST YEAR, IF YOU GUYS DON’T IMPLEMENT THESE FEATURES TO THE MOBILE APP I’LL DROP IT AT ONCE.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Pengaturan pribadi yg tidak bisa di share oleh pengguna lain, yg hanya bisa jadi pembaca saja

Saya punya one drive untuk list harga di bisnis saya yg dibagikan untuk salesman, dan saya punya ide agar list harga one drive saya yg saya bagikan ke salesman, tidak bisa di bagikan lagi di aplikasi salesman saya, jika ***** dibagikan harus ada izin pemegang list harga yang asli

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. opening more than one workbook at a time

Being able to work on two workbooks at the dame time

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base