Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mobile Devices, Tablets, Phones (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile)

Welcome to the Excel for Mobile Devices forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Repair or update Excel for Android Nougat 7.1, it isn't working

The Excel App was working in the 7.0 nougat platform, since I updated to 7.1 Nougat is not working anymore, it can't open , also, if you solve this, improve the performance too, since working in 7.0 , Excel, word and PPT were a bit laggy . My smartphone is a Moto z with 4gb ram, I had to switch to Polaris , waiting for you guys to make an update and figure the problem .

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support for the files app

To be able to save to the files app and iCloud (and remove the need for an iPad/iPhone tab)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Collaboration and Sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Excel not opening files on iPad

Crashes when about to open a file. Not a memory or update issue

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Can a page up/page down feature on the Excel App for my Android phone be created? Or a faster way to scroll down, rather than swiping.

I'm trying to navigate through a few thousand line items and swiping up or down takes a very long time(20-40 swipes) to move from one section back to the beginning or end of my data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. disable auto-download missing fonts in cellular please

This download makes a huge data cost and has little use, because you can always show the fonts' names in the "Start". So please make an option to DISABLE this feature while the iphone is in mobile network.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. New

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. botonALT+SHIFT+ENTER

Necesitamos esa opcion porque quiero poder visualizar todos los resultados de una formula de matriz porque en un smartphone no se puede hacer ALT +SHIFT +ENTER

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. "Shared" tab ( within iOS app) to show also folders shared with user

"Shared" tab (within Office iOS apps) to show also folders shared with user. Currently it show only files shared directly with user. Files within shared folders user can not access.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Scatter plot selects wrong data for display, need to manually specify range for x,y data

Need ability to manually edit or specify data ranges for scatter plots. Currently is automatically determined from initial range selection during chart creation, and this is frequently incorrect.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Have the ability to group column for more visibiiity

Group columns and name them like the PC version. Thanks !

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. PROBLEM... ref. 1389918527 // having problems accessing files on my onedrive thru the excel app,, keeps telling me "cant open file" {file ma

PROBLEM.. ref.. 1389918527
    having problems accessing files on my onedrive thru the excel app,, on ipad, keeps telling me "cant open file" {file may be locked,in use,or you don't have sufficient permission} this is resolved only for a short time to log out of excel on ipad then log back in, then re-add my onedrive account. the same error will randomly happen the next day. I have been thru the uninstall, reinstall, reset, and to purchase of a new ipad that has same issues,, this is a APP problem.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Application Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. graphing - see / modify data series

That I know of, there's no way to create a graph and then edit the data series afterwards. Clearly there are multiple data series created in some charts but I don't see a way to view / edit them without a lot of tedious dragging control handles around in the spreadsheet. It would be so much better to be able to have a dialog box pop up and hand edit the data series.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Editing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. ability to uninstall updates

ability to uninstall updates or build

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please add the feature to Excel for Android. This is the ability to create custom number (cell) format as it is in Windows. I need numbers t

Please add the feature to Excel for Android. This is the ability to create custom number (cell) format as it is in Windows. I need numbers to add units of quantity. Pre-defined is only currency unit on Android. I am adding "m²", "kg" and the like. Thank you.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Blattschutz aufheben

Ich habe das Problem, dass an verschiedenen Geräten der Blattschutz einer Exceldatei nicht aufgehoben werden kann.
    Bei der Excelversion handelt es sich um die Version 1.0.1 (16.0.8229.2048). Auf den Smartphones ist Android Version 6.0.1 installiert und es handelt sich um mehrere Smartphones von Samsung.
    Der Chache etc, wurden bei den Geräten schon gelöscht, Excel wurde zurück gesetzt. Es sind Geräte, bei denen sich die Datei früher öffnen ließ, und auch komplett neue Geräte.

Der Button für das Aufheben der Fensterfixierung ist nicht aktiv.

Wer hat eine Lösung für mich?

Michael Marschner

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hello, The excel application does not open the books on the ipad, it writes "old graphic SmartArt". Previously, these books were opened and

Hello,
    The excel application does not open the books on the ipad, it writes "old graphic SmartArt". Previously, these books were opened and edited on the same iPad. How to open them ?!
    Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Open files

Just updated to 2.0.3 and now I can't open my files. What are you doing ...... let me go back to my previous vs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base