Feedback by UserVoice

Excel for Mobile Devices, Tablets, Phones (Android, iOS, Windows Mobile)

Welcome to the Excel for Mobile Devices forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve. To help us build the best version of Excel ever, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to create this site to hear your suggestions and ideas for the next version of Excel. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. No option to ‘strikethrough’ text or cells

Like the heading suggests, the option to ‘strikethrough’ text or cells is missing on excel for iPhone and iPad.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Must include desktop functions for utilizing powerful android mobiles

The owner android version of excel is useful only for basic excel needs. Whereas to utilize the highly powerful android phones of today it must include functions - pivot table/charts, goal seek, lookups from separate workbooks, macros, text to columns, remove duplicates, conditional formatting, various file saving formats, all paste options etc.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Formulas and Functions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Page Layout

Please add Page Layout w/the accompanying sub-menus: insert headers/footers, fit to one page, etc. I no longer use a PC/laptop, I only use my iPad Pro w/my Office apps. It’s annoying not having the features I’m accustomed to using on Excel. If I could have chosen Printing & Formatting I would have.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable Excel for Mobile Devices password protected sheet to unlock

Enable Excel for Mobile Devices password protected sheet to unlock. Then you can also open, edit and save the Excel file on iOS devices (and Android).

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sheet protection

Please add the ability to protect and unprotect work sheets in excel iOS.

I regularly use excel on Mac and lock my cells for security and to avoid accidental input. But then I can’t unprotect the sheet from my iOS devices to edit it on the go. Frustrating and disappointing as I have seen this suggestion frequently pop up.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow access to Personal Vault.

Need to have the ability to access files in Personal Vault with mobile apps.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Opening and Saving Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. PivotTables for IPad

Please make the PivotTables a part of the excel offering for the IPad. Tablets are fast replacing laptops in the world, and what is the point of excel without pivot tables. Please, try as quick as possible to make it available on the IPads, a lot of people will be relieved and delighted. Thanks.

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. How to insert drop down list on iPad pro

We should be able to create macros and drop down list. This is not a big modification for the developers

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Save/Export as CSV file

Would like to be able to export to a CSV file.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. ADD Pivot table to android app

Please add piviot table for android app it restricts me and i have to use wps office due to that

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PivotTables and Power Pivot  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add Custom Templates

Please add the ability to save a workbook or an existing template that you’ve customized as a new custom template. This would be very helpful as it is very time consuming to need to edit the saved template every time you want a new workbook. Eg. if you’re making an invoice-to have your name etc. be already there(on your custom template) instead of entering it every single time you make an invoice.
    Thx.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Unlock full version of Excel on iPadOS

After the arrival of the new iPadOS, the iPad pro is becoming my new "computer", but I really need the office apps, like excel or word, with the full features like on Mac or PC, like macros. Please, consider updating office 365 on iPadOS to the full desktop version. Thanks

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow subscription free use for tablets greater than 10.1 screen size

If your screen size on a mobile device is greater than 10.1 inches you need a subscription to edit spreadsheets on onedrive excel.
    I have just upgraded my iPad from 4th gen to iPad Air, and apples new basic iPad screen is 10.2 inches.
    Therefore, may people will suddenly find they can’t edit their basic spreadsheets that they have been using no problems for years.
    Please remove the screen size limit, having it doesn’t make me want to get a subscription (a nonsense for just one spreadsheet), it makes me want to find another provider.
    Please fix this!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Lock cells to protect formula

Being able to lock cells in Excel for iPhone / iPad would be greatly appreciated. To protect formulas from being accidentally edited or deleted.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Formatting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Page set up

Maybe you can add page layout lines for excel
    So the mobile users can determine the exact tables they can make for letter size or legal size or A4 size without going on print set up just to view the size they made

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add built in vba parser and interpreter so macros run properly. (Just a bit more time consuming than an ASM interpreter.)

I think excel mobile could (and should) run macros. I could build a VBA interpreter for you...I've done a full ASM interpreter in several languages on codingame.com, it should be pretty easy to make one for VBA just way more time consuming. I have certificates for about 30 programming languages and have experience in about 20 of those.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Macros and Add-ins  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add Support for .XML files in iOS

I have an application that uses .XML files that need to be edited in Excel and then pasted back to the app.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base