Excel for iPad & iPhone (iOS)

Welcome to the Excel for iPad & iPhone forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

Take a look at the feedback that we are currently working on and what feedback we have already completed.

How can we improve Excel for iPad & iPhone (iOS)?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Edit source data for charts

It would be nice if there is an easier way to add column and row headers to a chart. Currently there is no choice, unless you organize your data such that the intended headers are immediately adjacent to the data

6 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the great feedback. We’ll definitely consider this in the next round of features for the iPad/iPhone. Please continue to vote on this feature idea which will increase its likelihood of getting in the product.

1/26/17
      This feature request is still on our backlog but there is nothing we can commit to at this time.

Thanks,
      Scott [MSFT]

• Add ability to show/hide and move equation and r-squared value as elements for linear trendline

Currently the only way to see the equation and r-squared value for a linear trendline is to use a quick layout. If you do that, you can not hide either the equation or the R-squared, and more importantly, you can not move it around on the chart so that it doesn't overlap other elements. Also, I'd prefer to see enabling the equation and R-squared as part of the Elements option as opposed to that being kind of hidden under layouts.

3 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Specific colours for charts

Charts currently only allow selection of colour groups which rarely match the message I need to convey. I need to be able to select the display colour of individual data series in charts (bars, sectors or lines) and sometimes even individual parts of data series.

3 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Charting, Mapping and Visualizations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Add ability to add polynomial (or at least quadratic) trendline via elements for a scatter plot

Scatter plots for Scientific data measured by students often fit a parabola shaped trendline, i.e. a polynomial trendline with an order of 2. If supporting a polynomial trendline like desktop Excel is too computationally intensive, how about at least supporting a quadratic trendline (i.e. polynomial or order 2) inlcuidng the ability to show the equation and r-squared value. This would allow students to use iPad Excel to make predictions from data analysis done with the iPad.

2 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

• graphing - see / modify data series

That I know of, there's no way to create a graph and then edit the data series afterwards. Clearly there are multiple data series created in some charts but I don't see a way to view / edit them without a lot of tedious dragging control handles around in the spreadsheet. It would be so much better to be able to have a dialog box pop up and hand edit the data series.

1 vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base