Excel for iPad & iPhone (iOS)

Welcome to the Excel for iPad & iPhone forum! This is the place for users to send us suggestions and ideas on how to improve.

Take a look at the feedback that we are currently working on and what feedback we have already completed.

How can we improve Excel for iPad & iPhone (iOS)?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improved Support For XLSM files

When I open an XLSM file in Excel for iOS and save it, it disables my macros and removes my Quick Access Toolbar icons in the file in Windows. It would be great if it saves the state of the macros and the icons in the QA Toolbar, so when I open it again in Windows, i don't have to re-enable macros and re-add all the QA Toolbar icons I added for this particular file.

8 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Keyboard shortcut to switch sheets

When using a Bluetooth keyboard, please add a keyboard shortcut to be able to switch between active sheets

7 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Make Excel UI more like Numbers UI: more touch friendly

Excel feels too much like a Windows port with a few touch-friendly additions. Compare this to Numbers, which feels like a first-class citizen on iOS.

Two examples:
        1. Showing which cells are in a formula
        - in Numbers, if you tap a cell with a formula, it always shows immediately in colors which cells are in the formula. The keyboard does not pop up yet until you exit the cell
        - in Excel, to see which cells are in a formula, you need to double tap to edit it. The virtual keyboard pops up obscuring half the screen and often…

2 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Hardware keyboard scroll buttons

If you have a hardware keyboard connected, Excel needs keyboard shortcuts to quickly move up or down a number of rows or left or right a number of columns.

2 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Excel is inaccessible for VoiceOver users after the April 11th update

I am a VoiceOver user and usually use Excel for the desktop. Occasionally, I have to take my worksheets on the road and need to edit them. I went on a trip to New Orleans from February 12 to February 22. During my trip, I could navigate around my worksheets and edit the cells. After the April 11 update, I tried to take an excel spreadsheet on the road but couldn't navigate the spreadsheet or edit the cells. Proper regression testing would have caught this problem. Please fix it hopefully in the next update.
            Thanks so much.

1 vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Viewing / Navigating Workbooks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Hyperlinks Within a Workbook Should Go Directly to the Cell

Currently, all hyperlinks require the user to click the cell and then click again to navigate the hyperlink. This makes sense when the hyperlink is to a webpage as you don't want the user being taken somewhere they don't want to go.

However, if the hyperlink is simply to a cell or worksheet within the same workbook, then the user should be taken there directly without having to confirm the jump. This would make navigating with the Excel iPad app a lot easier.

1 vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Split screens

Please can we have the facility to view two open spread sheets on a split screen for excel
                Thanks

0 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base